Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Blind Date gone Bad

Rader,
    I know that you know it is not all beer and skittles out there,
    sorry about the date but maybe it was for the best.
    There ar plenty more out there that will enjoy your company when you are ready for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    And, I'm sure she looked absolutely breathtaking in her overalls and ball cap.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Gold Member
    Thank all who responded; You are correct, some people will never "See the Light"
    Some how I have lost her phone number and "E" mail address.
    I am sure there are more fish in the sea, But for now, I just want to relax and
    dress at home-----Chilling Out.
    Her daughter, (Step Daughter to me) Has been great, calling to see if I am OK.
    She does not know of my Dressing, so I have been reluctant to accept her offer
    to help me rid the house of Clothes. I could not believe all the clothes she had,
    Of coarse, I contributed to the pile my self.
    Anytime I got some thing for me by mail order, I would get 2 for her.
    Thanks to everyone here, You are the best.
    Rader

So sorry and sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. As for your blind date.. At least you won't have to see her again.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by Launa View Post
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife.

There's nothing worse than being around a redneck woman or man.
    Watch out about a redneck there are a few of us on here..... I am saddened for the loss of your wife may your sorrow heal, and pain be gone with time although her memories will always be there. As for men wearing kilts I guess I should since most of my ancestors were from Scotland and many of my relatives have gone over there and toured the castle that they owned. When they came to America most settled in the Carolina's, when I visited them once they showed me a coat of arms and pictures of my heritage. Maybe that's where I got some of my desires to wear some sort of skirt or a kilt.

Rader, I'm sure time will heal your loss, but on topic of the lady who is so dead set against a guy in a dress and had it been me with her, rather than you, the conversation would have went like this. After her comment, I would have said I understand where you are coming from. It is the same with me. Every time I see a woman wearing pants it makes me sick and if you ever wear pants it will be the last time I see you. Maybe that would have allowed her to see how far offbase she was with her opinion, but I doubt it. I would love to have been a fly on the wall, had you told her something like that.

Sorry about your loss Radar. Look at your blind dates bias opinion as her loss. She missed out in getting to know a wonderful person. I would be tempted to ask her out again and pick her up dressed to the nines, fem of course!!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Rader, I am so sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Two months. in my experience is much too soon. It has been 2 years for me and I'm still not ready, although I have tried.
    The positive thing is at least you got out cheap; it cost you the price of a dinner or two and a few hours to find out. It could have been several years and a divorce if she had been smart enough to keep her mouth closed.
    My thoughts are with you,
    Donna
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Rader, I'm sorry for your loss of your wife. I would consider myself lucky your date outed herself as completely closed minded on the first date, saves you the wasted time on a second. There are several deal breakers, and for someone who likes to dress on occasion this would be one. One could go to the trouble to try to educate someone like that, but it would likely end in futility. In a different setting in a similar conversation I would normally simulate the closed mindedness so the other person see's how it looks. As already posted, a reply of "That would be as ridiculous as a woman who thought it was alright to wear pants".

Again, sorry for your loss, it sounds like you really just need time to heal from losing your wife.

Some people can be so... predictable? Sorry you had a bad experience, but on the same token, good riddance!

There's nothing worse than being around a redneck woman or man.
    This attitude is just as bad as that of the woman referred to in the OP.

"Is the thought of a man in a Skirt that bad, Or our some people just
    closed minded."

At your age you should already know the answer to that question. Look at the issue of gay and lesbian people. Look at the issue of race (in the USA). It takes generations for these attitudes to change.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

......... There's nothing worse than being around a redneck woman or man.
    Really? "Rednecks" are people just like you. Some are predudiced and some are not.

Some of my best friends and some of my wife's family would identify themselves as "rednecks". Used as you have used it here, it's a pretty offensive term. Certainly you can find a better term to express your feelings.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I would classify some of my friends as hillbillies rather than rednecks. Back in 1989 I interviewed high school students asking them for the definition of "redneck". I got some pretty funny answers.

Once upon a time I started writing a song entitled "Redneck Girl" but I never finished it. The inspiration came from a woman I saw at a gas station. I found her attractive even though she looked like she could probably kick my Asz. Is that what the blind date was like?