Thread: One week on HRT

Smile One week on HRT

Last week I went to see my doctor with my letter in hand. I was very excited and my primary care was wonderful. He got me in to see an endocrinologist that morning. But as I found out it wasn’t the endocrinologist that handles almost all the transgender cases. At the end I was very frustrated but with the help of my primary I was able to get in to see the endocrinologist that I wanted to see and see was wonderful. So I’ve been on HRT for a week know, and I feel great. I feel so much calmer and more content and the GD is not as bad. I feel really good about moving forward. The fears I had about what the end result will be seemed to disappear, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I’m so happy about starting HRT. But I know that there are still some fears there as I felt some of them last night. I know I have a long road ahead but I also know that I’m so blessed as my family and friends are being very supportive of me. I was kidding with my wife last night and I told her they gave me the wrong pills they gave me the old woman pills I wanted the young woman pills, she just laughed and said you are a old woman. I have a good sense of humor and I plan on keeping it. My daughter and daughter in-law are having a good time with this they want to have a hair party, when I told my wife she said what am I chopped liver. So she texted my daughter and my daughter told her that she been a woman a long time and I’m just started and need the help.
    I don’t know if I feel so much more content because of the HRT, or because I’m starting on my journey. It’s a little weird the GD was very bad and now it’s seems very managble, again I think it’s a combination of moving forward and the HRT. The worry’s I had about my hair, and my voice, and the way I might pass just don’t seem as important at least for right now. But we will see if that stays that way I hope so.
    Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Banned Read only
    Good for you! You are now on the road towards fulfilling your dream. Now fasten your seatbelt because you are in for one heck of a ride.

Glad you're feeling better. I'm week 4 HRT, and I swear I feel better, or at least different, already. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I'll take it. GD is not easy to live with.

Congratulations Janelle! Welcome to your transition! Be prepared for a bumpy first couple of months. Depending on your dosage, for me from about 6 weeks to 3 months or so was a lot of ups and downs. It was almost like the estrogen and testosterone were battling it out for supremacy. Perhaps it was all mental? I don't know for sure. Thankfully the estrogen seems to be winning the war. This may be what Jorja is referring to or may not cause overall it has been quite a ride. It's getting better all the time now. It seems to be smoothing out a bit for me at 7 months in. YMMV.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Getting started always causes near instant calmness .... here's the good news: even though that is related to relief of getting started, you will have so many changes in the few months that the world will seem brand new with each level shift. Welcome to a long and complex ride !
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

We're both just starting this wonderful journey. I'm on 6 weeks of HRT and Spironolactone with my primary doctor's knowledge. However, I just found an endocrinologist that deals with transgender issues in my area. Unfortunately, no appointments for over a month. I don't feel strong emotional effects, and the major physical affects are my nipples are sore and much larger. Of course I don't have to worry about embarrassing erections anymore either. I was warned I may grow attracted to men and was a little worried about it. No change in that area either. Very much attracted to women and all men are still gross.
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne

really really cool Janelle
    The girl is on her way to woman hood!
    P.s
    i so love your signature quote<3

Much congratulations to you Janelle. I'm on week 8 and feeling much calmer as well. My bumps and bruises come from just trying to survive financially in a new city with no family left to help me with anything. I do know that hormones have enabled me to cope in a way that I would not have survived before. When my wife left me last November and I spent 7 weeks trying to determine how and where I would survive starting over with nothing, I genuinely thought about a bullet every day. Since I've been on my hormones, my biggest concern is when can Ashlyn live full-time, despite the loss of my job Monday. Best of wishes to you. MMMuah!

Ashlyn