Thread: how many have you?

how many have you?

just wondering how many have you hit a piont were you dont care what
    strangers think about you ...i hit my point a year and a half ago.. ive stopped
    feeling guilt about it.. 70 percent of the time i live my life the way i want
    the other 30 is work ..blaa . but really i need to hit the lotto.;~)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been to that point for a while Sonna.
    It has taken guilt out of the equation.
    I dress how I want and friends have gotten used to it.
    As my hair has grown out I sometimes hot roll it and add some curls.
    My male friends have said nothing but one GF said wow cute hair I love it!
    She gave me some tips for different styles using hot rollers.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-11-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Well most of the time I try and have that don't give a dam attitude. .. some days it gets to me and I get a bit paranoid, but working on it on a daily basis.
    Ooo, the lotto.... I rather wont elaborate what I would do with some of that money..............
    ( the funny thing is sometimes when I run into a old friend that only knows my past "me" it sometimes gets a bit weird, as I wear some makeup even in male mode...)

Banned Read only
    It's not what strangers think about you. It's how family and coworkers and neighbors interact with you and your loved ones. No man is an island unto himself. My personal read on the entire subject of interaction with others.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Sonna, I've been rebellious for as long as I can remember. It's nice to be respected and appreciated, but for me the most important thing is to be true to myself. To be able to look in the mirror and think "I'm OK with me, and I really don't care what others think about me".

They don't pay my bills, put a roof over my head, or feed and clothe me. That's a parental responsibility; one I've benefited from as a child, and bestowed upon my own children.

As to whether or not I care about what others think of me... I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    It's not what strangers think about you. It's how family and coworkers and neighbors interact with you and your loved ones.
    Absolutely. I'm starting to come around to the "who cares" POV... except I have young(ish) children. I don't care what other people think of me for my sake, but I need to be careful about the effect it could have on my kids.

I expect to rapidly reach the point where I don't care what the strangers think. I intend to put myself int positions that cause me to reach that point. No more buying garments that don't fit. Clothes must be tried on first.
    Now my family friends, and business contacts I will probably always hide from. *ponders her fears*

My close family life with all four of my kids will always be mine and my wife's secret. Strangers I don't know I think I might not care. Only problem I know so many people from all over the State because of my past work before I retired. I am always running into someone nearly every where we go it seems. Why I think a private thing where only CDs where would be my thing.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ,,, What other people SAY & THINK about YOU is NONE of your Bizzness !!!

Strangers can't think less of me than I do....so there!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I am constantly getting better at keeping this mindset... of course I have said for years that I don't care what anyone thinks, but I still end up being self conscious about dressing up in public. I get plenty of dirty looks, and usually I can just laugh it off, but after a while, it can start to get to me and bring me down.

As for friends and family though, I will be as weird and crazy as i feel like around them, they know me for real, and are usually pretty accepting of me

I try not to care what strangers think about me. It gets easier with time and better presentation. Self acceptance makes it easier, too.
    ​Cindy

Aspiring Member
    I really could care less what strangers think about me. It is family and friends that count. That part of me stays hidden when they are around.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I'm getting there, Sonna. I don't worry about "passing" or not anymore when I'm out, I just have confidence in myself and in my presentation. And nothing bad happens!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Gold Member
    It is quite a dividing line. I generally don't care what strangers think as long as they don't have input to my paycheck. Even then it depends. I care what family and friends think, but strangers are easier to not worry about. That doesn't mean that there isn't a subconcious reaction. But I can blow it off a lot quicker.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    ALWAYS REMEMBER ,,, What other people SAY & THINK about YOU is NONE of your Bizzness !!!
    Wow!! I never though about that, good advice Stacy!!

It's a slow emerging process with me. Even though I do not venture in public while in girl mode. I have no problems nor do I care about shopping for my wares while in male mode. Or if the mail man, credit card companies, etc. has probably put 2 and 2 together now and guessed that I am TG based upon the amount of wigs, and other items routinely mailed to me. Or that my neighbors probably know by now since I no longer bother closing the blinds and hiding while dressed. I'm also at the point where I do not care if and more importantly when my family or friends find out about my true side whatever the consequences are.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Just know that what you do today and how people think or say about you will not matter in 100 years. And that there are other important things that go on besides what you wear.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Banned Read only
    I don't care what other people think. I don't even notice if they notice me. I haven't cared what other people think about the way I look since I was, I dunno, 25 or so. This is useful when I go out dressed, and will hopefully help me during transition.

Yes been there and never looked back. My SO is and was always cool about it, so i'm 24/7.

I always care what people think, it is just that the aprehension is a lot less now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It was about '08 when I quit caring, about strangers, and a lot of other things to.....

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    how many have you?
    I have 16.

I'm pretty much there but i have few family members and few business partners that will have to get used to the kids all know and they have seen me dressed and they seem to be OK so move forward.
    regent,

I try not to let myself think if another person is approving what I look like. They,re not me.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

I reached that point about 6 years ago.
    We joined a Tri-Ess chapter and began going out after meetings before returning home. Then we started going shopping, dining, movies and such. Now we don't even care if the neighbors see when we leave. This is me and that's that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !