Thread: An offer I can't refuse

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar

Smile An offer I can't refuse

Last November I confided in my best mate & his wife & told them about Carla.
    They were both supportive, but have never really brought the subject up much since.
    I'd occasionally mention to them that I'd had a shopping trip & had some 'Carla' time.
    I'd decided that if they wanted to know more about Carla, I'd let them bring the subject up.
    Last weekend at a BBQ/party I mentioned to my mates wife that I was going to a big Transgender event in July (Sparkle) & mentioned that I needed some new clothes.
    Imagine my surprise when she offered to go shopping with me.
    I'm made up that she wants to learn more about Carla & I think it will be good for both of us.
    She has said that I can change at her house before heading out to Manchester or Chester.
    This will certainly be a big step for me as this will be the first time any of my mates will have met Carla (only my mate & his wife know).
    My mate is supportive of this & said that he might have liked to come along shopping, but having a girly shopping trip is not really his thing.
    I just need to set a day & get the day off work.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I think you are very lucky to have such a support group not only close but who are close to you. It can make all the difference.

That is pretty awesome that you friends are that supportive
    should be a fun shopping trip.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have GG friends that I wouldn't hesitate to tell, but I have no cis male friends I could even bring the subject up to.

You are very lucky to have the friends you do - shower them with love and expensive gifts and trips to exotic places.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Cool, friends are great sometimes they can surprise you
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Great friends you have Carla, have fun shopping.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I'm very jealous. No one knows about Jennifer except you fine ladies.

Have fun!

Now you have a support group do not weird them out by going overboard.
    Still take it all slowly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Escaping from the closet Carla Stevens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    do not weird them out by going overboard.
    Still take it all slowly.
    That's one of the reasons I've never pushed the issue with them. I let them make the first move to ask more about Carla.
    Hopefully this will be the next step in accepting who I am & feeling more comfortable within myself.
    For a little background info, my 'Telling my best mate' thread can be seen on the forum HERE.
    “I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a WOMAN in it.” Marilyn Monroe

The views & opinions expressed in the above post are those of the author.
    Anyone acting on any information contained within the post does so entirely at their own risk.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

I am soooo jealous! I hope you have a brilliant time!

It's so good to hear that your best mate and his wife have remained supportive.

That's cool, Carla! Happy shopping.

I'll be at Sparkle too. I just booked my sunday lunch yesterday, as a matter of fact.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

The best time for shopping in Manchester is between September and May and most definitely before 3pm. After a good days shopping head to Old Trafford to watch the footy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ACE

That is GREAT!! I am so jealous!! I wish I had supportive friends like that! Enjoy your day!!