Thread: Adolescent phases

Adolescent phases

I've read and 'heard' it reported that when we begin to transition we seem to go through some adolescent phase. I thought, "Na, I'm old. I'm educated. Not likely."

So my transition has been sporadic over years, but it really didnt begin seriously until just this last January. And during these last few months my music tastes have moved a lot. I thought it was just me searching for the repressed me in other areas besides gender, but I find myself downloading and listening to Evanescence and Elysion - it can get called a lot of things but at the end of the day it's Goth Fem Metal.

And this question dawns on me "Am I in a Goth teenage girl phase????"
    Last edited by melissaK; 06-13-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Hugs,
    'lissa

"The second life isn't like the first one, is it?"
    "Sometimes, it's even better."
    ~ Elektra Natchios & Stick, Elektra (Movie) 2005, R. Metzner, S. Zicherman, Z. Penn

Indeed honey you are going through puberty again - only this time it's the right direction!! I feel like a teenage girl too!
    It is really very nice to be going through this as a girl this time!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

It first feels so surreal that tastes of music, attire and surroundings seem out of context, that is until you realize that in fact You are a girl, growing exponentially from the default age of suppression through puberty and on and on, catching up to life's pace as you grow. IT IS REAL, as real as each breath you take.

What an amazing and exhilarating of a ride........

I understand this ever so well, with music I always liked hard rock/metal and hated country music. Well for the last few months I have been tuning the country station in. Food choices have also changed, and don't forget about those little puppy dog crushes.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

oooohhhhh puppies!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I think we remove ourselves from the world when we are not able to live as we know ourselves to be.

It is partly a self protective act from the shock that the mind must absorb and learn to manage. You must find a way to turn off your mind while still going through the motions of living.

There is a preoccupation with the self while not being in the self. A living in-between that stops you from really living as you know yourself to be.

It is attempting to be invisible and solid at the same time. Hidden and yet obvious.

You play a role that everyone else decides for you including your body

I have always had a fascination with Zombies because I felt like I moved through life as one and with Vampires who were feeding off my soul because I was living for them and not myself.

Once you break the chains and start living your true gender their is a sensation of intense freedom, relief, euphoria yet also sadness because you begin to also see what was lost.

You go from feeling nothing to feeling everything because you are alive in the fullest meaning of the word for the first time.

When all the pieces fell into place and I fully realized and understood the profound implications of saying that "yes I'm a transsexual" I felt like I understood my whole life for the first time. My life became one whole seamless unity that finally made sense.

You break out of the darkness of insanity into the light of day

Gender IS LIFE to those who have been deprived of it. It is like the air around us, you only notice it when it is gone.