Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Personality change on HRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    Wrong! Before SRS & T-blockers rebalanced my hormones, a woman friend took a look at my untidy kitchen counter and remarked, "Not enough estrogen yet!" Now, my counters are quite tidy compared to what they used to be, scrubbed clean and the bathrooms too. I now wear a nice full apron when I am handling food too closely, to keep my skirt or dress clean. I am starting to iron a bit too. And I fold up towels, blankets and underwear. Big changes.
    I don't know, but I tell my story, it seems like a chicken-egg problem.

I was not the "tidy-ordered" type but after I am behaving more like a woman and also
    dressing like a real woman in house my habits have changed.

The key part is real woman. That is... of course in July with 30+ degrees in home (no air
    conditioning here!) a real woman will not wear fancy dresses, just maybe a long t-shirt and
    a pair of pants, and, if possible, braless.

Wearing real women clothes like that, nothing sexy, just feminine, has changed my attitude
    towards the house. My SO, which has always complained about my home which was a "man disaster",
    has come today and said that there is now a sort of "woman's touch".

Well, I am not on HRT... could it be that something in my mind is changing also without hormones?
    Just wearing an apron, trying to spot all the dust everywhere, cleaning fully the toilet (I now understand
    why women are usually over sensitive to the toilet).

Big changes... probably I am in another part of the journey, but I feel different even without hormones, just
    with an attitude and dressing adapt to the environment (no high heels in home, like when I was a teenager!)

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    Wrong! Before SRS & T-blockers rebalanced my hormones, a woman friend took a look at my untidy kitchen counter and remarked, "Not enough estrogen yet!" Now, my counters are quite tidy compared to what they used to be, scrubbed clean and the bathrooms too. I now wear a nice full apron when I am handling food too closely, to keep my skirt or dress clean. I am starting to iron a bit too. And I fold up towels, blankets and underwear. Big changes.
    Are you joking? That is the in the top ten of the most bizarre posts on this site. If you persist in this ridiculous line of reasoning, then I'm going to need to see some supporting documentation on female hormones inspiring people to clean.

We are trying to give people honest information here and there is nothing honest about inferring a hormonal influence to cleaning toilets. A few words spring to mind, but honest isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

To echo Melissa, Beth it rather sounds as if you are no longer depressed and this, more than the pure effect of estrogen, is making you care about the cleanliness of your surroundings and your personal self?

I've always been female and I've got to say there were times in my life when depression took it's toll and I was not interested in keeping my surroundings pleasant.
    Reine

YMMV
    Reine makes an excellent point, depression can make a person simply not care. I've been there before and don't ever want to feel that way again. If so I'm glad that you're feeling much better now

I don't know where you live Beth but you're welcome to pop an extra E pill sometime and come over and help me clean my house
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mary something View Post
    Reine makes an excellent point, depression can make a person simply not care. I've been there before and don't ever want to feel that way again.
    This is where I currently am.

Quote Originally Posted by mary something View Post
    I don't know where you live Beth but you're welcome to pop an extra E pill sometime and come over and help me clean my house
    If you have any extra send some my way please. :P

I used to be borderline OCD in regards to neat, clean and organized.. A friend once commented that all my house was lacking were velvet ropes sectioning off rooms, and that she felt like she should sit with her hands folded as not to disturb anything.
    Now you are likely to find kid's toys scattered all over the place... crumbs on my kitchen floor and laundry in heaps. Do I attribute the change to HRT ? Nope I attribute them to having kids.... The little darlings are a mess waiting for a place to happen. Neat, clean and organized would be a full time job chasing after them.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Amazing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    To echo Melissa, Beth it rather sounds as if you are no longer depressed
    I have not been depressed in years, except for a few months when the Dr. and I tried Androcur on me, and its reputation for side effects was replicated, one of the three bad side effects I got from it, being depression. Off the Androcur and back on Spiro, and the depression was gone.

I have had such a run of serious problems though, every time a new one hits me, I tend to get sad, (not depressed), for a day or two, and then snap out of it, when I have figured out how to deal with it. But that is life, when sometimes "Troubles come not as single spies but in batalions." (Shakespeare)

I keep plugging away, finding viable solutions to my problems as they come up, but I am definitely not depressed. A neighbor once remarked that no matter how grim things get, I always have a joke to make about it.

The view of Misty of Bad Tranny, that there are many paths for transition, has been a comfort, as has her website. Hugs Misty.

I also love so many of you on this site, even those I have argued with, and of course, those behind it. Hugs again.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 07-08-2013 at 05:57 PM.