Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: woman's jeans

woman's jeans

Why do woman's jeans seem to fit and feel so much nicer than mens do?? Just curious
    Hugs
    Joann

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Usually because of the thinness of the material and the inclusion of a lot more Spandex than in men's jeans.

Kathi

Banned Read only
    Elementally simple. Especially to anyone who has ever been in a decent sized Thrift Store AND tried on a dozen or more different styles/cuts/manufacturers in a multitude of sizes. [which mean absolutely nothing btw]

Women's shapes are a lot more varied than men's, so women have many more "fits" to choose from, "girly looking" or not. I think most any man with wider hips and/or bigger thighs would have a better chance of a good fit by at least checking women's jeans. Many of us here have found certain brands that fit/work the best by TRYING THEM ON in the store. It's a no brainer to me especially at 2 to 4 DOLLARS a pair.

It's a very easy guess that Thrift Stores get tons of CDers shopping there.

LATE EDIT: You can also cut the legs off to whatever length one desires and have them professionally hemmed for less than 10 bucks. Again, a NB I think.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 06-14-2013 at 04:24 PM.

...except in the inseam.
    Not much room for extra baggage.
    It is what it is.

Womens' jeans do look nice, though. I pretty much wear them all the time everywhere , including my favorite thigh-lengnth jean shorts.

Because mainstream men choose between Levi's, Lee's and Wranglers in one or two styles each and this hasn't changed for a very long time. Women choose between dozens of brands and hundreds of styles. Women are pickier about fit. Back when women first started to wear jeans they would don unshrunk jeans wet and allow them to shrink to the shape of their bodies as they dried. Manufacturers recognized this and started making the jeans out of stretch denim to provide the close fit that GGs demanded and we CDers also like.

Now, you can buy designer men's jeans that are closer-fitting and made with Spandex, but you'll pay $100+ where a pair of misses' Levis 505s or Gloria Vanderbilt Amandas can be had for less than $30 if you are a careful shopper.

Funny observation today. I normally wear women's jeans or Capris in male mode, but today I wore a pair of men's khaki cargo shorts. I find myself being annoyed because the front pockets are too deep and I have to dig to find my smartphone in them!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    I have the opposite problem, Eryn. I love my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, but get annoyed that the pockets are barely large enough to fit a smartphone in (and these have deeper pockets than some of the other women's jeans I've tried).

Gold Member
    I have been wearing Woman With-Inn 5 pocket jeans now for about 4 years.
    They fit great, yes the Pockets are a little closer together in the rear than male jeans.
    But I like them.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Kelly View Post
    I have the opposite problem, Eryn. I love my Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans, but get annoyed that the pockets are barely large enough to fit a smartphone in (and these have deeper pockets than some of the other women's jeans I've tried).
    I know! My amusement was over the fact that I'm now so used to the shallow women's pockets that I find deeper pockets annoying. I carry a purse in both modes so the only thing that goes into my jeans pocket is the one thing a GG would carry there: her smartphone.

I also notice that many women's "watch pockets" are deeper than men's, perhaps to accommodate a lipstick?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I find womens jeans fit me better. I hate baggy mens jeans and find the thicker fabric to be uncomfortable.
    Since 2006 I have worn mens jeans once or twice.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    It's absolutely the spandex...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    +1 its the spandex.

I never thought they were more comfortable, but they fit very well to my shape and just look damned good, so I'll always prefer women's jeans. I do miss pockets, though. I need to start carrying a handbag around...

You would think at 1% or 2% spandex there wouldn't be much of a difference, but the spandex definitely makes for upper form fitting, plus they stretch if you eat too much :-)

They include more spandex, they are cut differently to hug the body rather than just drape off the waist and are in general designed to form fit and show off the shape.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    like the way my VS v-cut jeans fit when I first put them on but after about 6 hours laterthen fit to loose

I think it is the intimate feel of the finer fabric and the fact that you know they are not mens jeans.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I too have been in women's jeans for Gosh... nearly 10-12 years now. It si the thin material and the spandex, no question. The only time I am in mens jeans anymore is to do something manly like cut wood, or work on a car. I feel like I am swimming in men's jeans and the fit is terrible!

I just recently tried women's jeans and love the feel and look. Here is my problem.... Do you find it hard to get the waist size and length right?? If they are long enough (and I am only 5' 10") then waist is way big, if the waist fits then the are short or almost too short.

Oh an no idea as to why the fell better but I figure it is like most.. the extra spandex.

What I have found out is that they have spandex in them and therefore have more give and take.

I never liked baggy jeans that you have to wear up around your waist. I started wearing girls low rise stretch jeans from the juniors department about 15 years ago. Love the snug fit and thinner feel of the material.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For me, I find womens jeans comfy except for the crotch area. There is literally no room for the boys which I find extremely uncomfortable. I'm not overly large in the equipment area but apparently my wife says the ummm...bells? Are quite over sized from the average guy... At least in her experience. Because of that, womens jeans cause quite the nauseous kicked in the balls feeling if I wear them for any length of time over like 5 minutes. I wonder if you can get the inseam tailored to accomodate. H mm...if that could be done, id be all over them. Until then, I'm stuck with mens jeans.

I've even tried making it work by wearing womens jeans 3 sizes larger than what I wear and it still doesnt work out well. I just end up with pants that fall down and still don't have the room needed. I feel like I'm missing out here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Kelly View Post
    My S3 doesn't mind riding in my bra =P At least around the house... going out a purse is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Lynn View Post
    I've even tried making it work by wearing womens jeans 3 sizes larger than what I wear and it still doesnt work out well. I just end up with pants that fall down and still don't have the room needed. I feel like I'm missing out here lol.
    Tuck!

I have one pair of men's jeans left; all the rest are women's. My only problem (albeit a small one!) is that the zippers are shorter.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I love my womens , driving all day and across the country they are way more comfortable than mens heavy baggy jeans. I love the fit and the stretch of my walmart brands and the price is really good too

I love the snugness, a lot of them are spandex blends