Thread: My Outting with a sister from this site .

Banned Read only

My Outting with a sister from this site .

Hi everyone. I just feel so good today as well as my new friend that I have made on here. Her name is HappyAllie. She posted a thread a few days ago about her experiences with a wig salon in Asheville NC. Allie's thread is http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...lon&highlight=

I was so excited about this for I have been needing a better wig for several years. So through several pm's to Allie, I suggested that we possibly meet and I could follow her to this salon named SecretsofDuchess. She was so graceful in her help and she said sure, we can do that. We went back and forth trying to find a place to meet somewhere on the route to the salon. Eventually we just settled. Allie suggested that I just come straight to her house and pick her up. I know that most people will say this is not a good idea. But it worked great for us. I had never heard her voice before nor had she mine. She trusted me as will as I did her. For I feel that there is a common bond among us, a commonality, a sisterhood. I was so nervous as well as Allie was.

I took my shower, got all dolled up as best I could and I pm'd Allie once last time around 12:30pm and told her that I was on my way. I had a difficult time getting out of the house with my neighbors coming and going a lot. I had to move my car to the back before I got ready, for I was going out the back door and walk in the grass with my heels on. So that's what I did. Snow White stepped out onto the back deck to look around. All was peaceful on one side but the other side the neighbors were on their back porch. I wasn't going to wait any longer. I went and swiftly got in my car without looking over at them. had anyone walked in grass in heels just after a rain? Oh my, the heel jus sinks in deep, drats.

I got to Allie's house, I walked in and called her name. I called about 4 times, then she called mine out, I said yes I am here. She greeted me so wonderfully and so warmly. We sat at the kitchen table and got to know one another a little better. About 45 minutes later we left. I went to the car first while she could swiftly come to the car without her neighbors seeing her. All went good. We head up the interstate, just chatting like two lady's. Snow White called me, she was worried. She and I talked and I told her all was good and that we are on the road and heading north. Snow talked to Allie for a few minutes and all was fine. I'm glad that Snow got to talk to her for a few minutes too, to help ease her worries.

We got to our destination. As I was about to make my left turn into the parking lot. We saw this family, a big man, his wife and child. I thought, uh oh. We got out of the car and we had only took about 2 steps when Allie and I both heard the gentleman say:

"look, there's some cross dressers", it had a negative tone to it.

But, Allie and I were not going to let that ruin our day.

We were both greeted there so warmly by Scott. Allie was handed her order for the wig shampoos. He asked what I was looking for? I told him. I looked around at all of the large selection of wigs. They all looked great to me. I chose a couple that I liked. He sat me in the chair, took off my old ratty wig. And put one of my choices on me. He turned the chair around and gave me a mirror. The wig was okay, but I wanted better. He put on several more. I fell totally in love this particular one. I said "oh my", I love it, this is the one I want. Scott said not too fast. He even took me outside and with the hand held mirror, he wanted me to see the real color of the wig under the sunlight, the color is awesome.

Allie told me the wig looked wonderful, and that it took ten years off of my age appearance. I fell in love with this wig. Allie was such a great help to me, she gave her unbiased opinions in each wig that I tried on, I took her advice on each wig, for Allie wasn't trying to sell me something. Scott again said, not so fast. He put another one on me, and BAM, I fell in love with that one too. I said, WOW, I will take them both. I asked how much? When he told me the prices for the two, I was so glad I was still sitting in the rotary chair, for I may have fell in the floor when he told me the prices. And well, the prices were pretty well, up there. I opted just for the first one I fell in love with. I told him I could go ahead and get both of them, but I would have to talk to my wife first before I could get the second one. He understood. I told him to put my name on it and I would be back to get the other one next week. Scott then asked me, well do you want me to put in in a box? I said no, I want to wear it home. And so I did.

The owner, Judi, who is so extremely charming and so charismatic with her sweet British accent, came back out, and looked at me, she said I was beautiful with this new wig. Scott asked me, "Who does your make up?" I said, I do, but my wife used to help me with it a lot though. "oh, you're married? He said as he was surprised. Yes I am married, but I thought to myself, what, cross dressers cannot be married? I finished my purchase and Allie paid for her wig shampoo and we headed out.

I asked Allie would she like to take the long way home and take the Blue Ridge parkway and maybe stop at some of the grand lookouts and let's take some pictures together by using my timer? Allie said, sure, so we eventually were on the parkway, we were talking so much about everything and everything. We did stop at a lookout and was about to step out of the car, then suddenly this old 69 beat up Ford pulled in with two rough looking guys in it. Apparently they had seen us two girls sitting in the car with the doors open, they suddenly pulled in, Allie and I decided to close the doors, crank up and move on, the Ford pulled out too. Then the heavy rains came pouring down, so I said, well so much for getting some pictures made for I wasn't going to get any rain on my brand new wig.

We made it back to Allie's house and had a beer and talked a little more. I told her that I feel guilty for spending this much money on this wig. I said for this much money I could cater a great big party at the house for 20 people. I hope Snow will not be mad at me for doing this. I left for home, feeling like a million dollars.

I called Snow and asked her to turn off the porch light, I wanted her to see the new me. She was shocked. She said I was beautiful, I kissed and I hugged her. I told her the price and she was okay with it. She said, I should have bought the other one too. No she wasn't mad at me for spending this much for this wig, but she said she was mad at me for not just buying both of them. Oh my, what a wonderful lady she is. I'm going to take her out to a nice place to eat today.

At the end of the day, I was so very extremely exhausted. For it was the nervousness at the beginning of the day and now it was over. It was so great to meet Allie, she is so pretty, charming, talented and very witty and intelligent. She was such a great help to me, she said I helped her too, to be able to go out as Allie in broad day light and to feel comfortable like that. This was a very first for me and Allie to actually go and meet another member from this site, and not only meet, but to trust another sister enough to drive straight to their house. I know that this subject has come up on here a few times about safety and all. But I do feel a commonality among the sisterhood. Of course we are not all alike, I know this, but we can, after reading the post's of a member for months, we can just tell if someone is sincere and real. It worked out so well for both of us.

But the Secrets of Duchess salon, I fully recommend them to anyone here that wants the right wig for you to go to Secrets of Duchess in Asheville. They treat you so very well, not judgmental at all. I told Scott and Judi that I would tell the world how wonderful and kind and professional they are. I recommend them very much, and I know Allie and I will return there again in the future. And also the next time I hope to bring Snow White with me.

Peace, Love & Respect my sisters,

Tara D. Rose
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 07-07-2013 at 08:59 PM.

What a very nice and uplifting story Tara I am glad that you got the chance to meet allie, and vice versa, and got a chance to talk a bit plus had a great trip out together. Who really wouldn't want to meet a sister and have a nice day out? not many Bummer that you two girls couldn't do a few pictures, rain and rednecks don't mix well lol. Can't wait to see the new wig, your old ratty one looks really good on you so I am sure this one is going to dazzle! Thanks for sharing your story, not letting an small instances ruin your day, and bringing something positive to the forum.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Nice story. I liked the little tidbit about sinking into wet grass with the heels. That is a frequent occurrence in the great Pacific Northwest. For my excursions in the backyard I have several pairs of flats or shoes with a bigger heel. Those flats also make driving a little easier than wearing pointy heels. I too will be looking forward to a picture with your new hair. You did look nice in the old one.

Congratulations on what seems to have been a very special meeting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think I should first start out at the beginning. I went to a TG friendly wig salon a while back. I picked out a few wigs I liked and I tried them on. They were pretty good. Then they put one on me that I wouldn't have even thought about. It was a home run. So about a week ago I posted a thread about this salon and Tara replied. Tara and I corresponded many times and I could tell we were on the same page. Fast forward. We go into the salon and I introduced Tara to all the people. Tara then picked out a number of wigs she wanted to try. They were all nice. Then Scott pulls one out and says try this one. Again, Home run. Tara experienced the exact same thing I had. It is truly amazing what the right wig will do.

Both Tara and I didn't go into this willy nilly. We corresponded quite a bit and determined things were good. Has it turns out it was better than good. Everybody's journey is different. There is no one size fits all. With a little thinking, reading and logic it couldn't have gone any better. BTW, this was my first time out and is was in daylight. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Not to mention what it has done for my confidence. My experience yesterday was like no other. We shared, we talked, we walked around, we drove and we talked some more.

Tara was the perfect one to go out with. Hopefully I helped Tara a fraction as much as she helped me. There are many aspects that I need to work on after spending a day with her. Walking just to start with. Then there is the way she handles herself around people. And just the way she carries herself. She is proud, confident and if I must say so, quite attractive. Every time I get closer to the bar, it gets raised. In this case I don't mind at all.
    Last edited by happyallie; 07-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.

That is awesome Allie Just talking to a sister face to face would be such a great experience. I am glad that it was positive for you both. Going out for the first time is scary on many levels, I am glad tara was there for your first step and made it easier for you in many ways. I have gone out 3 times, the easiest being with my SO, company can make it a lot easier.

Without a doubt there should be a lot of communication back and forth before meeting up with ANYONE, just to make sure both parties are on the same page and that it will be safe adventure because there are a lot of people out there with other Ideas. You can never be too cautious. This worked out well though and now you two girls can have many more adventures and that's worth it's weight in gold
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post

We got to our destination. As I was about to make my left turn into the parking lot. We saw this family, a big man, his wife and child. I though uh oh. We got out of the car and we had only took about 2 steps when Allie and I both heard the gentleman say:

look, there's some cross dressers" it had a negative tone to it.
    So many replies so little time and survival is important. But my first reaction would have been to look around quickly and shout "where????"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thanks for sharing your story Tara, it's a great one. So much packed into one day with wigs, friends, and wives all playing key roles. Even with a few minor bumps in the road it sure sounded like the positive aspects of the day very heavily outweighed the little negatives. Hopefully you will get back there with your wife, grab that second wig, and maybe even get the chance for some pictures that time.

-Bree

boy revision 2.oh Lisa Jeffreys's Avatar
    What a great story. I have to admit, I am a little jealous.

Lisa

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Such a wonderful experience. Thanks so much Tara and Allie, for sharing this with us.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

A delightful post darlin. Hugs & Kisses
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Thanks for sharing your great experiences with Allie. You packs a lot into a single day. And good tip on the heels in wet grass!

I haven't been to the Secrets of the Duchess shop, but I can attest to the value of a good wig shop. It's so much easier to pick a wig that works when you have the help of an experienced staff.

without pictures it didn't happen.

really I'm teasing, thanks for posting, but we want to see this wonderful wig.

Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)