Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you try to dress like a real woman?

Do you try to dress like a real woman?

Hey everybody!
    I have heard the phrase "real women don't actually look like that" when talking about how cross dressers try to look. I think this comes from going over the top with insane makeup or outfits.

I am wondering if a lot of you dress to look like the average girl, or if you go all out to seem as feminine as possible? I see lots of pictures here where girls really dress themselves up to try to look pretty extreme, and I would call it over the top if you are trying to blend in, or is it really just the feel of being so feminine that you are going for?

I personally am pretty casual about dressing, and don't really shoot to be anything like a model. So what kind of look are you girls trying to get?

Since I present as a woman full time, I just dress like those around me. No...wait...I dress a whole lot better, but still in the capris and flats, or skinny jeans and modest heels category. About twice a year I get to wear an evening dress, sparkly heels, bolder makeup, and an updo, but only when everyone else is doing the glam.
    Last edited by I Am Paula; 06-16-2013 at 09:54 PM.

I usually dress as any other woman my age would at whatever place I am going. Never the sloppy look but like a middle aged middle class woman.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I always dress for the occasion.
    For instance, for a fundraiser or some event I will doll up in a fancy dress. If I'm at a concert or a restaurant, I'll put on a stylish dress.
    Lately I have been dressing down in public for errands like shopping at the supermarket or going into stores like Staples like I did yesterday wearing womens' knee length denim shorts, flip-flops with a purple pedicure, womens t-shirt, heart necklace, and earring studs, womens sunglasses and a shoulder handbag. This was actually the first time I went out with no makeup at all. I figure I'll let my shoulder length hair, electrolysis & laser hair removal do the talking (...which isn't really quite done yet, but a noticeable improvement). I don't think I look good as someone who is transitioning/transitioned, and that is fine with me. I won't win any beauty contests this way, but I'just glad to go out there and be me.
    My avatar on the left is what you see is what you get.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've always liked the term classy old broad.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's often referred to here as, "dressing to blend", FM. Most closet dressers don't dress that way unless forced to go out dressed. I certainly don't anyway! Why dress like a wet mop when u wish to appear like the fashion model females in your imagination?

I particularly dislike looking in my mirror before going out in vanilla land dressed. The image there is NOT very sexy, shapely, or feminine.

Pretty much the OPPOSITE of everything Sherry stands for!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm I'm en femme, I'm aiming for a pretty look. Nothing more or less Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

girly girl
    Since I don't go out dressed, I dress however the mood strikes me. Some nights it is my goal to look as "passable" as possible, but just as often I indulge one fantasy or another. Extreme can be fun!

Absolutely. It feels fantastic to be completely dressed in womens' clothes. Knowing that the clothes you are wearing are genuinely female clothing is incredibly exciting. Emma

I'd say I dress like a woman but dressy casual. Stuff you'd where to the office or out to a nice dinner. Dresses almost exclusively. Like Sherry said, why dress in plain old clothes when you can wear pretty dresses. Going out, however, I'd wear something more conservative. Leggings, flats, a blouse or a short dress, minimal makeup, etc. Makes you wonder how many crossdressers we walk right by because they dress to blend.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I always dress for the occasion.
    Agreed. While I might throw on a nice dress for an evening out you're just as likely to find me in a nice top and shorts visiting a museum, or a T-shirt and casual skirt while out shopping or eating.

There's always room for a little fun, but I try and fit in with the setting.

-Bree

Balancing Act

I seek to strike a balance between blend-in and stand-out...Even in a normal "running errands sort of mode" I want to wear something that make me feel good and look good...The two do not need to be mutually exclusive

Having just begun dressing its a bit hard to say. I have several lovely pieces of lingerie to play with at home, as well as this little booty shorts thing. The outfit we are working on for our Vegas trip later this month will be much more age appropriate. If I'm going out the hot pink stockings will be replaced with something more appropriate to a lady my age.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I try my best to dress like a well-dressed woman at all times. This does not mean that I try to dress like most women as I do not like how most women dress these days. Even when dressing casually, I try to look nice.
    Hugs, Carole

I can honestly say that not all of women's clothing do anything for me.. I have no desire for the material unless it has some sort of effect of the material I do have the desire for..I have no desire for what it looks like ( cute outfit whats that ?) ,. Unless it creates the illusion of a better body or I can feel the feminine fit verses not feeling it at all I won't waste my time with it and soon throw it out.. Saying that can suggest it took me allot of time through trial and error finding what was best for me.. So yeah..I tend to be the sexy under garment kinda dresser I prefer trashy verses the classy look ..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I op for the extreme look, its more of a clubbing/night out look. I go out dressed like that sometimes, rarely do I see a GG dressed up like that but when I do, I remember them forever. So I'm standing out rather than blending in, I feel good to dress like that.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Since I don't go out I can say I dress to feel a need in me of being more feminine. I find that I enjoy the heavier makeup. The taller heels, and the sexier looking clothes but in answer I dress to please me and my inner self.

If I went out, which I don't, it would be blending in and appropriate to the occasion. I'm not interested in attracting unwanted attention, and certainly not male suitors.

Real women don't dress like me and I don't dress like real women. I'm over the top and off the deep end.

For me its about being an everyday woman. I dress casual when I'm doing things around the house, light make-up usually consists of lipstick, maybe a little eye shadow a little face powder and that's about it. Casual and comfortable skirt or shorts, and a comfortable top. Sometimes my breast forms, some times not as I have natural 'a' cup breast as it is. I just like to be a natural girl. Of course if I'm going out,( which is rarely )I dress up in my finest, which I do enjoy, just don't get out much.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

I don't think I dress like real women. Like Docrobbysherry, I don't dress to go out in public and blend in. I like lingerie, skirts... you know, sexy stuff! My make up isn't outlandish though. Any pics I've posted such as my avatar show how I dress, and I'm certain the same goes for the rest of the girls here.

I try to dress like a real woman... but a woman who likes dresses and skirts a lot. I wear women's jeans in male mode anyway, so if I'm dressing up, it has to be a dress or skirt.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Candice dresses like an average GG her age would, a top and jeans on most days and a skirt/shorts occasionally on hot days. she has dresses for all events, but doesn't wear them too much. She'll try them on when she gets them, then for pictures, and then the few occasions she feel like getting dolled up. Then there's the days that she doesn't even get out of her PJ's, or lounges around in a tank top and yoga pants.

Lots of variety.

I do go out a lot and I dress to blend. However, I DO NOT dress to blend at Walmart. Some of those people are downright spooky! I do have some taste.

Dress for the occasion, but with taste.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I try to blend in and not draw attention to myself. My Wife helps pick out my clothes when I shop and "tries" to tone down my appearance. Even if I'm not going out dressed on the weekends, I'm in 50/50 mode that always includes capri's or women's shorts. Everyday women just don't dress up enough for me.

Cindy
    ​Cindy