Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you try to dress like a real woman?

What Crissy said is funny, but there is usually quite a bit of truth in humor. I like to dress as passable as is possible, make-up, hair, everything must be as perfect as I can possibly make it. And I love sexy, whether dressing up for clubbing or partying, or more reserved for just getting out, shopping, etc. I always throw in a healthy dose of sexy. Starting with the base layer I do everything to make me look, and more importantly feel, like a woman, my wife is quite jealous of my lingerie drawer. Things I have learned: for mall walking no high heels, high heels are for showing much and walking little. I love to turn a mans head if I can, put on some heels and black hose with a flouncy skirt and necks will swivel...I like that. If I am being hit on by men.....I have done it right.

I like to stand out and be fierce, but in a classy way. I don't really try to blend in or wear things that are too girly.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

For me I want to dress attractive for myself and others.

I want to be seen as a real woman, the feeling is very deep like a pulling to be her.

I want realism, no clip on earrings had to be double pierced
    (as I seen in the 70's on a few trend setter sexy women during a trip down south)

I often had my hair permed, set, streaked and braided to feel some thing as a woman would feel.

going out dressed and being referred to as a woman makes me feel so warm inside.

also while dressed and emulating a woman and feeling I blend in makes me feel almost complete at last.

to look at a picture or in the mirror and see her over shadow me, looking like the woman that's been set free from my mind makes it all worth while.

My closet looks pretty much like any older women, a few dresses, a lot of skirts with nice tops, and Capri's, jeans, shorts with tee's. Flats tennis shoes and sandals most of the time.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    It's difficult enough trying to blend as a six footer with a male build without wearing an outfit that will attract attention. I go for a mature womanly look which means a tasteful knee length dress and three inch or less heels. I always dress for the occasion.

Yes. I wear a skirt and blouse every day.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I only wish I could dress like a real woman, but since I dont get to dress up often I choose to be extreme and ultra femme!

Yes, Whenever I c

Opps error there, yes I do dress as a woman whenever I can, because I am one.

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    I started out with some very sexy clothing (which I love). When I became brave enough to venture out I decided to tone it down. I still like to look sexy but often now when I go out it is more casual. I have started buying some lower heels, jeans and capris and more casual tops and skirts. I think I still look sexy but more like everyday women.

Banned Read only
    I try to dress as appropriate for the environment I'm in. Usually that means pretty casual. At the last meeting of my local support group that I went to, there were only two people wearing pants: myself and the only GG who was there.

Well sort of. I don't do beard cover, wax my eyebrows, or shave my legs so I can't pass and I have sort of a patchwork collection of odd bits of clothing from ebay and elsewhere so maybe I dress like a woman that shops at thrift stores and doesn't have much fashion sense. I favor deep red lipstick that went out of style in gurls my age in the 1960's. But no PVC or leather

I try to look as much as I can as a women. Now that I am losing weight I have a flatter stomach. I have great legs so losing the middle have been hard. With a grey beard I don't have to worry about that showing thru. I am able to wear just regular make up. My GG has helped me a lot. less is better. I am starting to pass every were i go .

My former SO told me once that I dressed like a middle aged woman trying to compete with girls half her age. Kinda the hot soccer mom look. Tight jeans, low cut top, heels, and attitude. She said I was a younger guy's fantasy. Then she would look at me and say, "I hate you, you bitch!" and laugh like crazy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

When I dress I try to dress to look like a woman my age, besides I have a bit of a gut. I love the look of some mini skirts and mini dresses, but you rarely see a 43 year old wearing them.

I try to look like fairly dressy ladies of the late 1950's, to mid 1960's look. Like some girls used to dress at highschool, decades ago, or a calssy dress, pearls , hose and heels look, with knee length or just below knee dresses and skirts. It may be a little over the top these days, but, i was pleasantly surprised to see a goodly number of women in dresses and skirts today, at the Madison VA hospital area.

When I can, where I can, Yes I do, because whatever my birth sex was, I am a real woman!

I dress as nearly a 65 year old man can dress as a woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Richards View Post
    and you won't find a "real" woman's shoe in a 12 for love nor money
    Try Payless. If you order online at Macy's, Payless, Nordstrom's, Woman Within, you'll find way more options for size 11, 12, 13 that are not stripper-style, but what average women would wear. I do agree it gets tougher if your shoe size is 14 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    My view on how I dress may not reflect what others see.
    If
    'Casual, not typically femme' is 1
    'As femme as most girls dress' is 5
    and
    'Super-tranny-femme, OMG, WTF, you're a hot mess' is 10
    When I do go out, I'll try for the balance of the two extremes, and will go for 4-7. I definitely don't need to go drab when I CD, I already do that everyday dressing as a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Yes, I try to look like an actual woman, albeit a woman who is nicely dressed and took the time to do her hair and makeup.
    I definitely understand trying to blend, as if being a CD or TS isn't already making us stand out.

If you're dressing at home occasionally and not going out, why not glam it up?

In the end it's what makes you feel good and comfortable that matters, whether it's completely blending, going completely over the top, or some middle ground where you look like a well-dressed GG.

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    I try my best to dress like a well-dressed woman at all times. This does not mean that I try to dress like most women as I do not like how most women dress these days. Even when dressing casually, I try to look nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Smith View Post
    I like to stand out and be fierce, but in a classy way. I don't really try to blend in or wear things that are too girly.
    Marla, Carole and Ashley, you it it on the nose!!!
    Last edited by Michelle789; 09-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    I try my best to dress like a well-dressed woman at all times. This does not mean that I try to dress like most women as I do not like how most women dress these days. Even when dressing casually, I try to look nice.
    This sums it up for me. I want to be the best Lisa I can be.

I buy and wear what I think is cute and attracts my attention. I look in my closet and go hmmm I haven't wore that in awhile I will try that today.

Banned Read only
    No. In fact I very rarely completely dress.

I find that my desire to dress and be femme comes in waves. However, when I am in the mood to dress, I do go all out. From hair styling to nails to accessories, as has been stated on this thread before, I try to be the prettiest Kaite I can be

My 'persona' is that of a businesswoman in her mid-50s. As such, when I go out, I am dressed in a skirt suit or a jacket and skirt, dressy shoes with a low heel and absolutely NEVER without nylons! I've been called "Ma'am" many times, although I'll readily admit that most of those occasions involved drunks! I've also had doors held open for me on more than one occasion. I think it's such a culture shock to most people to see a smartly turned out woman these days that they're taken aback - it may also be the common misconception that the typical CD just wears female attire without any other effort on appearance. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

I'm 40 something. I'm a parent. I'm dressing like a 40 something mom. It feels normal and looks normal. The 40 something GG that has the wardrobe of her 20 year old self gets the "what?" I saw one just today. And people were making comments. She can wear what she wants. But, that doesn't mean she looks good. I don't want that kind of attention. It's hard enough to blend.
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-- Albert Einstein