Thread: Vulnerable?

Vulnerable?

I visited a blog on tumblr.com maintained by a CD who really likes babydoll PJs. On it, she described the first time she tried on a set at age sixteen. She first put on the panties then pulled on the top and said that the top was short enough that she felt "vulnerable." I liked that description as I've had similar feelings when dressed, especially in very short outfits... like short nightgowns and babydolls. Do any of the rest of you wear some things that make you feel vulnerable?

Lacy PJs

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Vulnerable? Hmmm.

I do not like it when my midriff shows (except in bathing suits), but that is for a couple of reasons: (1) it usually looks like I am wearing clothes that are too small for me (everything has "shrunk" as I get older...); and (2) I am aware that it doesn't look good on me, considering my paunch.

When I wear short skirts (e.g., shorter than mini) then I worry about accidentally "flashing", especially as I do not tuck. The vulnerability associated is not "modesty" but worry about offending people or being hassled for being "indecent" (sex offender charges are probably less than fun!)

Vulnerable,, Well,, I have had times when I,ve felt that way. As I dress as a person younger than I. All my skirts and dresses show a lot of leg. When I stop getting complements I,ll start wearing longer ones. But I have been at a few places where I,ve felt very vulnerable.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No not really. In what way exactly?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Though thinking again, a couple of times when I went to the main LGBT<etc> club, and had a couple of guys (not many, LOL) express interest in me... that left me feeling vulnerable somehow. It wasn't anything particular I was wearing at the time, it was the switching of roles. And, to be sure, an aspect of it was the compliments a few guys gave me: a charge ran through my spine and I flushed. But that was a long time ago now, and these days people compliment my winter coats and not me.

Hi,

Im not happy showing off my breasts, ( yes real.) i have lovely clothes & even when i make my own , or have some given to me im very consouse of my breasts, so keep them covered, really im a very private person though many would say very different on that. i keeped to myself for most of my life, did not like being around or in front of people so i would keep some distance away, so i would not be looked at or seen you know sort of hide away.

Really i was embarrised how i looked, & really im not any different now. i find it very hard to be on show, or standing in front of people & talking was an issue,

I hated men looking at me , i still do. this of cause is about self esteem self worth & confidence in myself, so to be embarrised & ashamed of myself & how i looked & look was a major for myself i dought ill ever get over that, so yes im very vulnerable,

Heres the twist im a woman stood in front of many 1000's of people & gave my interview's, talked to many more, a member on commites involved with in a membership of over a 1000 people who i know face to face, & talk with, in the public eye, & well known. so when you read my first part youll think ...what....yea i know,
    what changed, a lot of changes took place starting 20 years ago. thats when i started to grow as a woman, so many things changed yet i still have selfessteem issues about myself & get very embarrised about myself. though if you meet me you would wonder how come iv done & doing all those other things,
    i wonder myself yet im able to , there are a few other vulnerable details about myself though thats the main one.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 06-17-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Vulnerable? Hmmm.

I do not like it when my midriff shows (except in bathing suits), but that is for a couple of reasons: (1) it usually looks like I am wearing clothes that are too small for me (everything has "shrunk" as I get older...); and (2) I am aware that it doesn't look good on me, considering my paunch.
    I think I know what you mean but to me, that's almost like feeling embarrassment, not vulnerability. Funny thing is that after I read what she posted on the blog, I could somehow relate but I wasn't sure why. Perhaps it is the feeling that you are showing more than you think you should. But even that seems like an inadequate description... after all, you are clad only in a babydoll PJ set and you are worried about showing too much? I'd think that merely crossdressing itself would be plenty to feel vulnerable about. But it is a different feeling, at least to me, when the hemline gets higher & higher and more & more of my legs are showing.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Though thinking again, a couple of times when I went to the main LGBT<etc> club, and had a couple of guys (not many, LOL) express interest in me... that left me feeling vulnerable somehow.
    Assuming that you weren't looking for their interest, that would seem more like the kind of vulnerability one would feel being in the middle of s snowball fight with your hands full. Maybe it's not so much related to the clothes as it is to the dressing itself... no matter what you wear as a CD, you are opening yourself up to possible ridicule, rejection, etc. That could make one feel vulnerable for sure. Still, I don't know...

Lacy PJs
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 06-18-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Merged - Please use the multi quote button

I'm vulnerable in a take charge kind of way if that makes any sense.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Now you know how a GG feels.
    In summer I have always worn shorty PJs as in your Avatar.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, I suppose vulnerable is a way to describe it. "Accessable" could be used as well

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Vulnerable? Just the once.

When I was followed, then approached after midnite at the far end of a deserted parking building by a guy nearly twice me size and half my age. He wanted a BJ and I'm straight. THAT was my only vulnerable when dressed feeling!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post

In summer I have always worn shorty PJs as in your Avatar.
    Neat! Where do you find them? It's been a long time since I've seen this style. Most are open-front, "fly away" with very thin straps & g-strings. I'm not opposed to those but that's not what I'm looking for. What I like, I can only find in vintage patterns today...

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Vulnerable? Just the once.

When I was followed, then approached after midnite at the far end of a deserted parking building by a guy nearly twice me size and half my age. He wanted a BJ and I'm straight. THAT was my only vulnerable when dressed feeling!
    So what happened? LOL
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg