Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have to give up CDing in the summer?

Do you have to give up CDing in the summer?

My wife is a school teacher and doesn't know about my CDing. (at least she doesn't admit she knows) This is basically her last week of work so for the next 2 months I prob. won't get to dress and if I do it will only be a few times at most. I may plan a day or 2 away where I can dress though. The great news is that our son will be starting full day preschool in the fall so I'll have WAY more time to dress than the 2 hours I get a few times/week. I really can't wait.

Platinum Member
    Hi Gina, That's not a problem for me but it sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No Gina, it doesn't change for me, but I'm at different stage in life than you, and different circumstances. I pretty much am able to live as Kandy 24/7, but I've paid my dues and put in my time when dressing wasn't as easy to do, so hang in there, your time will come. From what I can tell from your avatar you are very pretty, so patience my dear.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Sorry to hear this, I won't be giving it up this summer I'm going to ramp it up instead and have smooth legs, manicures, pedicures and short dresses all summer long!

Quote Originally Posted by GinaM View Post
    My wife is a school teacher and doesn't know about my CDing. (at least she doesn't admit she knows) This is basically her last week of work so for the next 2 months I prob. won't get to dress and if I do it will only be a few times at most. ....................
    If you're hiding your dressing from your wife, you will eventually get caught and that's no fun. Try to find a way to tell her that you enjoy dressing as a female from time to time. If you bring it up the right way, there's a good chance she will accept or at least tolerate it as long as it's not around the children.

Otherwise, consider this - You're sitting here in the middle of June wishing the summer was over so you can dress.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Gina, I have a slightly similar situation, my wife is a school teacher but she knows about my CDing. The only thing is that I will not go en femme in front of my kids so while they are out of school, Sheila stays in the closet unless I have a triess meeting or the kids go away to summer camp for the week. I feel you pain because I love to show of my legs, especially in the summer when I can wax/shave them smooth

i don't have to give it up, but i change it a little. unfortunately I don't feel comfortable shaving my legs in summer, as I feel weird and would get questions about it when I wear shorts out and about as a boy. Spring and Fall are my favorites, warm enough for dresses and skirts in girl mode and cool enough for pants in boy mode to help hide my shaved legs ^-^

although i suppose i could use the runners/swimmers excuse and say it makes me faster

For the most part due to my kids all being home all day long for the summer, it pretty much stops everything short of underpants, since they are lovey huggy kids. They would feel a bra strap and be like WTF.
    My wife however is now home also for the summer and doesn't really approve of the fully dressing which also puts me in a bind, otherwise known as grumpy man until summer ends.

Before I came out to her I used to be very cautious in the summer but never "gave it up".
    Now it's just summer and I get to wear my cute shorts and sandals more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Take up fishing, go on fishing trips. A few years back I traveled to a little fishing town in California alone to fish. Got a nice little motel room and brought along a few feminine things to wear around the room. I actually went fishing though so I was tired and beat at the end of the day. Still, it was nice to slip into some pantyhose and heels, and wolf down the pizza or burgers I brought back to the room.

I always give up CDing for the summer. It gets too warm here and I can't shave my body and surf. All my friends would give me grief. Lisa season ends when we get out of wetsuits and begins when we don them again for the late fall.

Hiding it from your wife is very dangerous, but you've already been told that. Having her in the loop would solve your dilemma, though!

Summer is my favorite time to dress, what with all those cute dresses, Capris, skirts, pretty tops, etc. My toes can show and all the colors are so pretty!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Won't put a crimp in my style at all I love the summer.

Summer cramps my style a little. The kids stay up later so I have to wait later and then just get less sleep if I want to enjoy it longer. I have some family matters that need more attention right now but when that is over I will be treating Kathy to some outings.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I would work on easing the spouse into the secret world. It's so sad to me to see people here write about "can't wait til the family goes away," or the wife goes out of town, kids back to school, etc. If there's anything we do that's make us look perverse it's when we would rather deny our own families in order to dress up. Sorry if that sounds harsh or like a rant. I've lost a child and a grandchild I raised as my own and those loses have taught me that family should always, always come first. Never wish them away. Ever.

Sometimes it is difficult weighing family values and crossdressing together.
    Some balance has to be achieved.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Balance is the key to life.
    Family is important but your own life is important too.

I don't really give it up, but my desire to dress up is very very small, virtually nonexistent. Golf takes over for me. Plus, my tan lines are horrible for summer clothes.

Dressing in the summer is cooler and more relaxed (pants are too warm in the summer)

NY dressing schedule definitely changes in the summer. Being a college student I have to go home in the summer and then I work so i dont really have time. Also I live with my mother and she would never understand even if I tried to explain to her. Though personally I prefer to dress in the colder months. I love fall and winter fashion <3

I have been cross dressing for fifty years, going out in public for the last thirty and I haven't yet stopped because of the season.
    However, I used to be a seasonal leg shaver. In previous years I only shaved them in the cooler/colder months because when in dude mode, I would wear long pants, and in the summer left them hairy to wear shorts. This meant that in the summer to go out I would have to wear pants or tights (very hot!).
    But this year is something new. I have kept my legs shaved for the summer for the first time. I have two sons, who don't know that I CD, who still live at home, and so far they haven't noticed.
    Stephanie

I can relate and besides I prefer winter fashions over summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    I can relate and besides I prefer winter fashions over summer.
    +1 I have found the same thing...

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Not any more :0 I've discovered new life in texas... i.e... going places at night with good air conditioning lol. Seriously, we go from our air conditioned cars, homes, offices off to clubs, shopping or whatever. Now I don't go out in the sunshine where the heat hits 100+, but I wouldn't do that in guy mode either lol.

Bethany
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Those of you fearing shaving your legs. Most will not notice and those that do respond that is more hygenicand you feel cooler. It really is a non issue. Your fear and self consciousness is the biggest obstacle.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W