Thread: Lost wig on roller coaster

Lost wig on roller coaster

My Son and Daughter treated me to Six Flags Over Texas for "Father's Day." I had a lot of fun with my grandson on the River Raft ride. We got soaking wet! My daughter's fiance and I rode the Bat-Man Roller Coaster. He was concerned about my wig falling off. I told him not to worry. It didn't. However, when my daughter and I rode the Titan Roller Coaster it was a different story. There was more momentum! I felt the wig fly off of my head during one of the inverted twists in the track. The one just before you shoot downward into a tunnel that appears so small that you can't help but feel the need to duck down for fear of hitting you head! When I realized what had happened I stopped screaming and started laughing. My daughter laughed too!
    When the ride was finally finished I told one of the operators "If you find something that looks like a dead raccoon... it's just my wig."
    Don't it just figure?
    I joked to everyone that maybe the wig found it's way down to some bald guy that happened to be standing in line for the ride. "It's a miracle! I have hair!!" I could see him saying. A miracle indeed!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

That is better than losing your forms. hehe

Annette

That's just too funny. I am sorry for the loss of your hair. A group of us were discussing going the Six Flags in August and the subject of hair loss due to negative Gs was brought up.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Sounds like you had a good time despite losing your hair. I would probably have worn a scarf over my head for that ride.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Three words - adhesive wig tape
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Very funny story, Dawn! I dress and go to Disneyland at Halloween. It never occurred to me to have Sherry get on a ride there, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For once, a funny CD story. Best. wishes. And thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    or wig clips
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My wife lost her hair to chemotherapy and wore wigs. So when we took a vacation trip to Universal studios in Florida a year ago and went on the Mummy Rollercoaster in the dark, yep, she lost her wig. We went to the photo counter to see if we could figure out when the wig flew off and found that it had happened before the photo was taken. That image was priceless. We went back the next morning and the crew had found her wig so we could continue the vacation without having to buy a new wig for her.

I use at least 10 bobby pins to hold my wigs on and you could nearly lift me off the ground by that wig if I got them set just right.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

They should have magnets in those things...
    Chickie

OMG! You had way more scene of humor about it than I would have! I would have been devastatingly humiliated, Taht's the biggest thing I couldn't handle loosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    Two words - STAPLE GUN.
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    OMG! You had way more scene of humor about it than I would have! I would have been devastatingly humiliated, Taht's the biggest thing I couldn't handle loosing.
    It's "Just a wig". Doesn't mean a thing. I've got plenty more where that came from although I will tell you this "I can't wait til my hair grows back to a length that I feel comfortable with so I don't have to bother with them anymore!" I guess I'm just being vain. I liked my real hair. But I cut it off for a good reason. In support of my daughter's fight with cancer.

glad you were able to take the wig's loss in stride =) on another note best wishes to your daughter and that is so great that you cut your hair in support of her i'm sure that meant a lot to her!! hope it grows back fast though

You need one of these for those occasions:

HUWChinStrap.jpg

And the cool thing is that everyone just thinks they are iPod headphone wires!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

OMG Erin! That's too funny. What if you don't have an iPod? I don't have a wig either but that's beside the point.

Annette

Nobody cares, they just see the white cords and think "headphones!"

I'd hate to ride a rollercoaster dressed. The thought of untangling the wig scares me!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    LOL now that is a funny story!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Hi DawnMarie, I'm sure glad that I wasn't drinking anything while reading your story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Oh my gods!!! Dawn you handled that so well! I've also ridden the Titan, alas in boy mode, and it was all I could do not to get sick lol. Glad you made light of things and had lots of fun!!!
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

When riding rollercoasters, I don't even go for low cut and a cleavage, this can come undone in the first release.
    Just tie everything down and you eventually learn what works and what doesn't.
    You just have to replace what you lost last time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You are great.