Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little farther out than I planned at this stage

A little farther out than I planned at this stage

I am quickly developing a routine with which I am quite comfortable. After the last of my residents leave, I do my nails and lip stick. Dress in either a piece of lingerie and then go about my business of the day until I have to go out or an hour before the first person arrives home.

This morning was no different. I put on my new garter and stockings. Put on my bra and did my nails. I tried to be slow and careful so they would be beautiful. I need lots of practice. After my nails were dry I donned my skirt and blouse, added some heels and started on my chores.

After finishing my chores I sit down at my computer. With my fingers resting on the keyboard I pause to admire my pretty nails. Suddenly from the back door I hear my sons voice. "Hi there! I forgot my iPad charger and need it for a meeting in a few minutes. He didn't bat an eye or act as if anything was amiss.

He was in a rush to get to his meeting so I couldn't talk to him about it. We raised him to be accepting and tolerant. He has many friends who are part of the lgbt community. I hope his tolerance and acceptance covers dad too. He is not only my son but my best friend. I will be devastated if it makes things weird between us. Or his wife decides I'm some sort of freak and she needs to protect my granddaughters from me.

In retrospect, when I got busted I felt a little embarrased but no shame. I held my head high and proud and acted as everything was as it should be.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

My son is also my best friend and he doesn’t know about Suzy so when I read this I came out in a cold sweat just reading it.
    Can you let us know how it turned out Princess [here or in a P.M.]

And its great that you “held your head high” we do nothing wrong!

Suzy

He probably I already knew or had figured it out a while back.

I don't/can't dress at home because if my son saw Miki he would literally freak, even though he is 46.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I am really embarrassed! It's been a long time since your mom and I have pretended we weren't freaks. /shrug. But when we started this new game I didn't expect consider the possibility of you popping in the back door like that.

We should probably talk when we can get a chance to be alone. I would be very sad if things got weird between us. I guess I don't need to mention your discretion is hoped for as well.

I sent this message to my son.

I got back this
    Dude idgaf what you do. Your my dad.

Why can't I quit crying
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

aw, don't cry! it sounds like he honestly doesn't see it as a big deal. especially if he has lbgt friends. don't make it out to be more than it is, if he acts differently towards you in the future, then ask him to talk. but as of now it sounds like he hasn't given it a second thought. maybe he even dresses up himself :]

Gold Member
    There is a slim chance that he was so focus on the task at hand, (Getting the charger)
    that he did not really focus on what you where wearing.
    If you where sitting at a desk, your legs and skirt might of been hidden to some degree.
    Wait until he comes to you, Do not approach the subject until he does.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    well, plan for a longer conversation. He's obviously going to have a question or two, but I expect it will go well.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    That is heartwarming to know your son has that attitude. However, I don't know your son, so I do not know if his idgaf was one of anger or not caring, or one of a loving son who understands and was just taking the shortest text he could think of. Your next conversation now needs to make sure it is not an anger response, distancing himself from the activity. I would bet he is the latter, and cares and understands and accepts. But you two need to discuss it.

Sometimes we get pulled out faster and further than we could ever imagine. Enjoy.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I don't really understand your message to your son...but I think the mistake in telling anyone is first feeling the need to 'tell' and second having too much negative emotion built up in it. Its kind of like looking guilty of something that is not a crime...what makes it wrong is feeling that it is wrong. So, park your fears, cheer up, act confident, get in to a good mood, laugh about you nails, slap your son on the back and say, 'hey dude, I know you already think I'm crazy, but this Halloween we're going to do drag... walk out of the room laughing and evil laugh...'. Personally, I think its better to just do it and somehow let your family see some of it in a fun way rather than try to explain how you feel unless you are looking for a lifestyle change.
    Chickie

One of the messages I received from your quote was that we mostly judge ourselves and the guilt associated with crossdressing is a powerful judge! I realized this the other day when I stopped by a Payless to look at shoes (yikes my 13W's) and I was a bit embarrassed when the clerk came by to ask if I needed assistance. I was in man garb, but trying on wedges and heels. Despite my embarrassment, she could not have been nicer and said I must have trouble finding shoes to fit and that she would help me (though she thought I should wear flats because of my height). I was the one feeling uncomfortable because of my feelings of guilt and embarrassment. You felt the same way in encountering your son (a far worse sin!), but he didn't seem to carry your same level of concern. Proving again that the fear, guilt and embarrassment is internal. Your son will probably have more comments on your activities over time, but his initial reaction was positive, so you have a good platform for discussion. The burden was more yours than his and don't we all bear that burden from time to time - good for you and good luck as you pursue the further discussion!
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

When we discussed the possibility of discovery, this is exactly what we thought would be his response. When confronted with the reality of being discovered caused all the much less likely but much more horrific consequences seemed much more possible.

I feel bad for doubting him. I suspect we will have a few conversations ahead of us.
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My interpretation was, "No matter what you do, you will still be my dad to me". More like a comma between the parts than a period.

I would like to think you are still his dad no matter what.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We just got off the phone. Everything is fine! *crying again*.

He: I have known you and mom lived an alternative lifestyle for years so its not really that big of a surprise
    Me: we'll it had to be a little surprising.
    He: ok maybe THAT was a surprise but none of that really matters. I love you Dad!
    On to other matters of the day.

I suppose I should initiate a conversation with my daughter before I'm starting another similar thread
    ~Marlo Thomas~

As a grandfather myself, I find your story touching and heartwarming. You are very blessed to have an understanding son. Cherish it, and good luck.

Miriam
    I loved reading this thread, and the progression from fear to comfort. Thank you so much for sharing.

As my son turned 21 this week I thought once more about sharing this side of our lives with him. He has also done well at learning the lessons of openness, so I hope for a similar reaction. Your story increases my hope even more.

Thank you.

Miriam

Very nice I raised my kids to be the same way. They support and do not bat an eye over Sherlyn.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Postsecret this past Sunday (Father's Day) ---

Glutten for punishment CHEVELLE's Avatar
    I'm afraid to tell my children. maybe one day
    • [SIZE="7"][/SIZE]

13 times and its been lucky for me...AFTER ALL THE THINGS YOU STILL WANT ME TO BE....... 13 ways to see the devil in my eyes because I stood here 13 times and i'm still alive.
    But my dreams they aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be. I have hours only lonely. my love is vengeance that's never free

My son and his family stayed here last night. There was no discussion about my cross dressing. Neither was there the slightest bit of discomfort seen anywhere. The fact is when we discussed what if I got caught, this is the exactly how we thought he would respond. I feel badly for doubting him and I couldn't be more proud.

I believe I should speak to my daughter before it's her turn to show up unexpectedly. The challenge here is when we played what if about her, we more expect a poor reaction. She could surprise me. The fear will probably cause us to avoid this discussion until necessary. I always have had a gift for denial.

Thank you for your kind words during this time that to me felt like the end of the world but in reality was just another day.

Hugs
    Rita
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark View Post
    Postsecret this past Sunday (Father's Day) ---
    I love this! Did this happen to you?
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I had the conversation with my married adult son nd his wife about a year ago - they have no problems with my dressing (my daughter and her husband already knew).

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post
    I got back this
    Dude idgaf what you do. Your my dad.

Why can't I quit crying
    Because you have just experienced "unconditional love". BTW......you're not a freak and I just love your pretty pink toenails

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Grandpa View Post
    ........ Dude idgaf what you do. Your my dad.
    I would be more upset that my son talked to me like that (OK, he didn't talk, he attempted to send a message) than I would be by him seeing me dressed. I would never have dreamed of addressing my father as "dude". Nor would I have used the words that your son apparently was using an abreviation for.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Princess I like you am out to no one but my wife. I have the same fear if my kids knew about my dressing. I almost got busted my my son once it wasn't a good feeling. Good luck wiht your son and his wife hun.
    Angie