Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to know if you are a transvestic fetishists?

Do you want to know if you are a transvestic fetishists?

Some of you may already know what this is while others may care less.. I have been seeing several new post on the main MTF forum with members suggesting ( it's their words not mine) they have no/zero " gender identities" .. They simply do not feel like a girl..

Transvestic fetishists explained :

Having thoughts of transiting your sex opposite of what you was born as in a past phase is not excluded.. It is a normal thought for some Cross-Dresser but for different reasons ..The reason why a transvestic fetishists person but not all under the T,G, umbrella would have such thoughts would simply be because a transvestic fetishists can suffer from Anatomic autogynephilia: (arousal to the fantasy of having a normative woman's body, or parts of one..) Transitioning is a temporary feeling and is never acted upon..

Being a transvestic fetishists DOES NOT make you a " Trans-Gender ".(because it is considered to be a paraphilia rather than gender identification).. Even though Transvestite or the meaning of one can be attributed to the T.G. umbrella by this definition only " the wearing of clothing or behaviour of the opposite sex from natural birth.." It doesn't just separate the two meanings because I have to assume wearing clothing is a behaviour?

As a transvestic fetishists you do not have a "Gender Identity Disorder" you just dress for the fetish purpose .. Transvestic fetishists can also go through similar phases that T.S.'s and T.G.s go through with their dressing progression but can not be mistaken for the same reasons..Unlike some T.G.'s and *all* T.S's ( some T.G.s do find sexual gratification in cross-dressing at times )"Sexual gratification" is the drive that makes the progression for transvestic fetishists ..We may assume that sexual gratification has left us but in studies it has been proven that in time, sexual gratification decreases and becomes an antidote to anxiety or depression or contributes to a sense of peace and calm.. But it is still there sometimes through small un-noticed forms of arousal ..

The above were things I have learned through a combination of different outlets through the internet below this I will share studies done by Dr. Blanchard in 1991 on how he defined a fetishism relating to cross-dressing.

Fetishism As in Blanchard (1991), a patient was classified
    as fetishistic if he responded positively to the single questionnaire item, ‘‘Do you think that certain inanimate objects
    (velvet, silk, leather, rubber, shoes, female underwear, etc.)
    have a stronger sexual attraction for you than for most other
    people?’’

Unless asked asked a civil question for concerned people about this subject I will not respond to any arguments about the subject.. I only posted this thread for hopes that maybe some will have a better understanding ..I DO NOT feel that because I have called attention to this subject that falling under this subject makes me or others who do, any better or worse in anyway..

Thank you for reading..
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 06-18-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I think this has been discussed before.
    To answer the question.....

I don't think so.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No this has not been discussed as long as I have been a member of this site.. But it has been argued as a false claim in other un related post..

I opened this thread for people who may have never tied their dressing to this such as myself to possibly get a better understanding of themselves.. This thread is an attempt for a real discussion not one for splitting hairs..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I have not re-read Blanchard lately but I do recall feeling a condescending judgement in his definition, as in "...merely a transvestic fetishist."
    To me it is hair splitting and not helpful, because I do not feel the same way all the time. Sometimes I feel entirely content as a cross-dressing man and have no interest in transitioning, other times I feel the way others here report as the wrong gender in the wrong body. These various states of being shift and change. So it's all whatever, whatever. I do know that my personality softens when I dress and this softening carries over when I am entirely guy and not dressing at all.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    That distinguishing question does not distinguish at all. "A stronger sexual attraction" doesn't mean much. If, for example, I had had a partner who sexually teased me using a feather, then I would have a stronger association between feathers and sexual attraction than "most other people", but that is a terribly long way from the standard of "fetish" which requires a strong association, especially one in which the item turns out to be necessary (or nearly so) for sexual performance. Furthermore, the question as phrased has no time connection -- so if I had made an association with (say) Bick Pens because the cute 2rd grade girl use to chew on them, and I did not get into crossdressing until I was (say) 16, then the question as phrased would flag me even though the Bick Pens association was quite unconnected.

I have no good information on how the "average person" feels about the sorts of items sold in "adult stores". If I were to guess that (say) 2/3 of adults wouldn't use such things and that 1/3 would, then should I say that the "average person" has no interest (since less than 50% do), or should I say that the "average person" is interested in 1/3 of an item (1 person in 3), or.. what?

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    An interesting question along the same lines is: "How does one know he does or does not feel like a woman when he has not ever actually been a woman to know what being a woman actually feels like?"...

We who play out this gender bending thing we do often act on assumptions and also often adhere to the idea that "the grass is greener on the other side" when processing our goals in terms of gender presentation and identity. The truth is that often the assumptions we act upon are totally without basis in reality. It's no one's fault really, we just often do the best we can with the tools we have.
    Last edited by Erica2Sweet; 06-18-2013 at 08:42 AM.

I've always had a sexual response to lingerie and other fem items. But I've also wished I had been born female at times. We're all unique aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
    I have not re-read Blanchard lately but I do recall feeling a condescending judgement in his definition, as in "...merely a transvestic fetishist."
    The report was revised in 2008..Dr. Blanchard coined the Phrase the condition has become better known and has grown quite popular on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica2Sweet View Post
    An interesting question along the same lines is: "How does one know he does or does not feel like a woman when he has not ever actually been a woman to know what being a woman actually feels like?"... we just often do the best we can with the tools we have.
    I guess that would be a great question to ask a T.G. someone who feels they have a gender disorder or better yet a T.S. someone who feels they was born the wrong sex..How do they know?

Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you're riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. How many ways can the label argument be presented?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you're riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. How many ways can the label argument be presented?
    Cherokee tribal wisdom says" drums beating isn't always the beat of war"...

I think some people here are labelistic fetishists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella
    Not particularly. Labelism isn't my kink.

Banned Read only
    Some misconceptions in this thread:
    1. Transvestic fertishism in Blamchard's work is with regards to MtF TS, not CDs
    2. He posits that there is a difference between androphilic and gynephilic MtFs in terms of transvetic fetishism, although a recent NIH study found that both orientations had TF, but with different frequencies - TF is much more common in gynephilic MtFs
    3. TF isn't a 'get out of being trans' card
    4. TF gynephilic MtF TS are real TS, not dudes with some awful delusion.

Sorry if this ruffles feathers.

Best way to decide "i'm not trans" is to observe that you don't suffer debilitating gender dysphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Asche View Post

Not particularly. Labelism isn't my kink.
    Maybe and if so ..Be it.. But I am also a "realist"

I just happen to find real science fascinating I don't like hearing we are stuck with what we were dealt and if there was a slight chance for a cure,treatment or advancements in either ..I would love to know about it wouldn't you ? ..We don't have to settle ..

Quote Originally Posted by Asche View Post
    Best post EVER, Asche.

Lucy_Bella, there was a time when "real science" used aversion therapy, lobotomy, or castration as a treatment or cure for crossdressing. When "real science" really gets a handle on crossdressing, including that driven by fetishes, I might be interested. I don't need treatment or a cure. And settle for what?
    Finally, if you post something, you shouldn't be afraid to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy_Bella View Post
    But I am also a "realist"
    realist in quotes.

I just happen to find real science fascinating
    what makes it real science? Real science starts with a hypothesis...continues to theory...then works to proving that theory (since you cannot prove a negative, if the theory fails it would just go away). What you propose maybe a hypothesis, calling it a theory would be a stretch and how do you go about proving it?
    I don't like hearing we are stuck with what we were dealt and if there was a slight chance for a cure,treatment or advancements in either ..I would love to know about it wouldn't you ?
    Cure? Treatment? So you assume or postulate that transgenderism is an illness? How would you go about showing that?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

realist in quotes.

what makes it real science? Cure? Treatment? So you assume or postulate that transgenderism is an illness? How would you go about showing that?
    Yes! Because it isn't TransGender.. Its transvestic fetishists

http://www.minddisorders.com/Py-Z/Tr...br /> <br /> lhttp://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...2&cn=98&ad_2=1

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/li...tic-fetishism/

http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=39023
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 06-18-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Thank you Lorileah,

I did have a titter at that one!

Some people have a need to justify? or pigeon hole themselves. I can't and wouldn't offer to comment on what is probably worthy investigation, but I will not be reading it. Quite simply, this holds no significance in my life. I have no need to read into me any deeper than..............I am as I am.

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    @Lucy - are you saying that crossdressing is your preferred or exclusive method of achieving sexual gratification? Because the definitions you link state this.

BTW, real science doesn't give a crap about cross dressing. It barely cares about transsexualism. It'll be a while before they figure out CD - probably that will be an afterthought.

What say you about Blanchard's transvestic fetishists who later become TS. This is what his theories cover? Would you not say that they are transgender? If not why not. If so, why wouldn't the transvestic fetishist be so in the first place?

BTW, what bothers you so much about the label "transgender"? Do you find it offensive or something? The name doesn't really change what something is...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    @Lucy - are you saying that crossdressing is your preferred or exclusive method of achieving sexual gratification? Because the definitions you link state this.
    No I am not saying that..I am saying it can happen in some people ..

BTW, real science doesn't give a crap about cross dressing. It barely cares about transsexualism. It'll be a while before they figure out CD - probably that will be an afterthought.
    I think they do..Two patients with paraphilias (one each with sexual masochism and transvestic fetishism) and depression were successfully treated with fluoxetine hydrochloride in a dose of '40 mg/d. Depression 1:50–52 (1993). © 1993 Wiley-Liss, Inc... I think if confussion would get out of the way there may be hope for some..

What say you about Blanchard's transvestic fetishists who later become TS. This is what his theories cover? Would you not say that they are transgender? If not why not. If so, why wouldn't the transvestic fetishist be so in the first place?
    I would never state that Dr Blanchards studies of T.S. would consider them T.G. although some T.S. go through a T.G. phase before transitioning there could have been flaws ( there was imo ) in the study.. Because being a T.S. in not a gender disorder" It's being born the wrong sex.. Very few transvestic fetishists ever go through a transition and those who do may have suffer from a form of extreme autogynephilia..

BTW, what bothers you so much about the label "transgender"? Do you find it offensive or something? The name doesn't really change what something is...
    Nothing at all bothers me about the word..It just doesn't define me it defines people with GID..
    Last edited by Lucy_Bella; 06-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.

I don't understand the problem. Is is that you resent being associated with the "transgender umbrella?" If that's the problem then the solution is easy. Ignore it. The so called transgender umbrella is a political construct for activism based on the idea that we all have some sort of common cause. If you don't feel a part of it then... do nothing.

Is it that you resent that people on the internet don't respect the fact that your gender identity is male and that you are only turned on by wearing the clothes you associate with women or femininity? The solution is simple here, too. Keep calm, carry on. People on the internet disappear when you turn the computer off.

Is the problem that you're internally conflicted because your "fetish" doesn't jibe with you so called gender identity- an ego dystonic transvestic fetishist? There are two solutions for this: accept yourself as you are or change to what you want to be. I think the first solution is the easier one.

All sexual arousal is fetishistic. We are socialized to find certain things arousing but sometimes, to use a scientific term, "shit happens" and things go a little off the rails. This imprinting seems to happen when we are very young and doesn't appear to be easily altered later in life. So you might as well accept it as long as you aren't hurting anybody. Don't worry, be happy.

No,
    Molly

My discussion was not to offend those who have posted here... It was in fact an effort that EVERYONE should at least look into for why I have stated many times before.

The APA ( american psychiatric association) has adopted T.F. as a dis-order ..They have with a swipe removed it from being a G.I.D. ( meaning a Gender Identity Disorder) That immensely changes the game for G.I.D. people on how they are treated.. This is a fact and it is currently happening ..

So for the sake of argument I do not understand why the T.G. community would want such a LABEL that has been grouped with harmful behaviors such as pedophilia?

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/being-tr...#ixzz2WbibkKJ4 under their umbrella.. Why would you have a disorder

I have no desire to have another label applied to me. I am I, and I am happy with being I.

Deedee

I'm a transvestic fetishist and I'm proud...ish. Sorry to see you've been given a bit of a grilling by some members over this post.
    C

Michel Foucault wrote extensively on the unconscious control mechanisms utilized by the power/institutional matrix, especially psychiatry and any related paradigms. I tend to agree with Lorileah on this one, but an interesting question to ask might be:

does the label help me live a more full life?

Labels and definitions may be ultimately arbitrary, but if one can find a usefulness to a label than go for it.

Most often, labels are used to control other people by attempting to co-opt their entire being into a small, tiny box
    Last edited by Taylor Ray; 06-18-2013 at 08:48 PM.