Thread: I had my first mani/pedi

I had my first mani/pedi

I just need to share what a wonderful experience I had yesterday. I had a mani/pedi for the first time. I was in drab but underdressed. I went to your typical strip center nail salon and they had a Monday special (only $30). Anyway they took me right back without hesitation and say me in the massage chair as I soaked my feet. There were a few gg's in there who really didn't seem to pay me much attention. I approached it with the same confidence I do either panty or female clothes shopping or going out pretty. I really think attitude is everything in so many situations. The girl asked if I wanted a clear coat and I asked if she had any natural looking tones. The first one she put in showed up very white so she removed it and used a slightly darker color. After a base coat, two color coats and a top coat my nails are very shiny. Then it was on to the manicure where she soaked an massaged my hands then trimmed my cuticles, filed and buffed. She put the same polish on my fingernails. Then on to the dryer for ten minutes. It was such a relaxing experience and for me a feminizing one (although I know some men get these done as well). If you ever have the opportunity I recommend getting one. Next up is going en femme. Can't wait!!!!!
    xoxo,
    Alisa

Definitely on our to do list.

I think your right. Attitude is the key. Act confident and even if you don't pass people will treat you as they should. If your not confident, fake it! Hold your head high and pretend your confident. Do that enough and you will be. *whisper*. I will be faking it for quite awhile I'm sure!

Hugs
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Woman do not pay attention to other people in the Salon ,, They are there to relax an have THERE TIME ,,, Not someone elses time ,, So you are free to enjoy your time too ,, So go an enjoy it ,, You paid for it ,,,

So far I have had three pedicures the first drab the last two enfemme and enjoyed the experiences. I haven't advanced to manicures yet but that may very well be the next step. My first visit I told myself was because I've always had trouble keeping my toenails clipped properly, but after that visit there was no stopping. That's when I decided to try a different place out of town next time, dressed. Pleasant staff, invigorating experience and no obvious particular notice taken by anyone else.

Having one done now. Nice and relaxing. I'll be getting a dark blue on the little piggies.

Had my first pro pedi a week ago Saturday. The tech asked what color I wanted. I told her clear or French. She said she was kidding and men didn't need to paint their toe nails because they wouldn't remove it and it was bad for the nails. Both my daughters only remove their polish to change color and design. As great as my feet felt I will go some place different next time. A nurse who used to work at the same hospital as me was sitting in the next chair and she said she didn't see anything wrong with men painting their nails. She was trying to talk her husband into getting one. Billie Jean

Good for you Alisa, I do my own and as such do not attend parlors, so I haven't had the experience.
    Maybe I should one day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been getting mani/pedis for about 10 years now - I used to get a color called "Baby Pink" on my hands, but have lately been lazy and just gone with clear or nothing, but my toes have ALWAYS been either a deep burgundy red (Sally Hansen Wine Not") or a bright scarlet. I admit I removed the color for a week back in 2007 when I went on a "Tiger Cruise" with my son - that's something the Navy does where sailors can invite family members to join them when their ship returns to home port from a deployment. I didn't want to embarrass my son in front of his shipmates so I left the color at home! Anyway, the nail techs always compliment me on the condition of my toes, and I've never had a problem with my toe nails so I don't know why people say that having them covered with polish is bad.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I have had mani/pedi so many times it has become old hat so to speak. I really enjoy the pedi if they have a massage chair. I always check out the colors and get a color that makes me feel happy. I love to have little flowers on my big toes, they are so girly.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Definintely one of the best parts of being a crossdresser. Though I did get smart enough to bring a book when I go.....the dryer isn't always the quickest part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    A nurse who used to work at the same hospital as me was sitting in the next chair and she said she didn't see anything wrong with men painting their nails. She was trying to talk her husband into getting one. Billie Jean
    There have been many, many times where my wife and I are getting a pedi (with color) and there's another woman in the chair next to us. Almost without fail, she would lean over and "whisper" to my wife (loud enough for me to hear), "How did you get him to do that? I've been trying to get my husband in here for years."

I have been thinking about doing this as well. I have sat with my wife while she gets hers done and even seen some men come get there nails done. It's on my list now.

Thank you for posting!

Hugs!

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...