Thread: hrs

hrs

HI girls just got back from the VA and I have been going dress as Cindy. my DR knows that I trangenders. And I have ask for and got a little help on Thespis. But I went to have a talk . about HRT so what do I need to study up on to take the next step. what do I need to know so I get the best help for me. love Cindy

Well normally, your Dr. prescribes hormones for you. Now, you may need a Psychiatric referral sent from your Psyc. dr.
    to your MD who will then prescribe the hormones for you. (S)He will generally, start you at a low dosage of Estrogen and some Spironolactone which is a Testosterone blocker. And then your MD will probably have your blood checked every so often just to make sure that the pills are helping you.

I hope that helps.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    There are some girls here who have gone through the VA, so maybe they can clue you in on the procedures you need to be aware of. They nay have their own way of advancing through the process.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I know two Bay Area girls going to the VA for transitioning and they are very pleased with the VA's gender awareness and willingness to treat in an excellent fashion.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

thanks girls yes I will b going through VA and my dr is good and did tell me the VA has a good program