Thread: keeping strong

keeping strong

Hi everyone,
    Been awhile since I last visited and I was jus wanting to share my upate.
    I have finally gotten the ok to start my hrt and now I'm waiting on my endrchronologist to ok the blood work and write the perscrition. I am very relived and excited that this is finally happing. It been a life time of struggels and deffenitly have had some Excruciating moments just to get to this point, yet in my heart I know this is the right path for me. I've known I was female from early child hood, its just taken years for self acceptence and strength to face and love myself enough to not let the world decide who I am for me. My wife is becoming a little more receptive to my choices and my needs of this nature. This hasn't been easy for her yet she still stands by me (at least for now!) And im so thankfull and love her for it. My brother has also excepted me (Which was a huge fear for me that he wouldn't) and calls me by my perferd name, even my dr.'s, staff, and a few friends except me as i am. I know my journy will still have some rough moments, yet i am greatfull to have the strenght to continue and a place to go to like here for knowledge and friendship so thank you!
    Thank you for letting me share my Story
    Jessica<3

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Jessica, i am so happy that you are able to move forward, and have such a positive outlook, and support from your loved ones. You are a lucky girl. Remain positive, and always look forward.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I love your attitude. I'm six weeks on HRT. My wife is still wobbling back and forth from complete acceptance, to thinking I'm nuts. I just take an average over a few days, and say she's OK with it. good luck.

Congratulations on your progress and self-acceptance Jessica. That is one of the hardest steps for me so far is the self-acceptance and love. Way to go!
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Banned Read only
    Good for you! Now, fasten that seatbelt tightly. You are in for one heck of a ride.

Yes! Ditto! Congratulations! It's going to be a wonderful experience for you! any questions or concerns you can post them here. There is a lot of collective knowledge in these forums! I've been here a short time now and I can already tell that these ladies know what they're talking (writing) about!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Wanted to thank you ladies so much for your encouragment ")
    omg...i just got a phone call frm my therapist, even though i have his consent, they want me to see another therapist for a seconed opinon..I know its not uncommen for this but geeezzz!! Ohwell not giving up yet!!
    Jessica<3

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Second opinions protect the patient as much as the practitioner. I'm sure you will fly through the new appointment and will come out wondering what you were worried about.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

thanks for sharing your story!

I am very happy and excited for you and I wish you all the best!