Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Is it smart to create a Facebook page with your fem side?

Depends on how worried you are about being outted. I made one, but none of my friends are friends with both accounts, I don't use it that much either. Then again, I don't know if it's smart to make a facebook either way!

I have a separate facebook account for Ceri. It has all the privacy settings set to high, so only friends can find me. There is no link between it and my male page. As Angel said, it depends on how worried you are on being outed. I chat with girls from here all the time on facebook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

It's kind of "touchy-feely" sometimes. I had one but dropped it because I had picked up a stalker of sorts who wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Just be careful Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Facebook account uses my name given at birth by my parents name. I like my real name. It was a gift from my parents. Why would I wanna change it just to fit in a round hole rather than a square one?The only place that I use the dawnmarrie handle is here. Ya'll gave me that name. A long time ago. My facebook acct is just about the same as my yahoo acct, except you take off the @yahoo.com and add the @facebook.com.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Facebook uses cookies on your computer to track what you do, even when you are not logged in to Facebook. I don't have any idea how they relate information, but they have recommended people for friends to me that I just barely knew in high school, and they show me adds that clearly indicate that they have knowledge of me that I have NEVER put in Facebook. If you have 2 Facebook accounts and you use the same computer to access both of them, you should use a different browser for each account, and NEVER log in to Facebook with your accounts on the separate browsers. Even then, my guess is that Facebook will shortly figure out that both accounts are the same person. If you use two different computers, both through the same internet connection in your home, same thing.

So I'm saying that if you don't want to be outed, do not open a Facebook account for your fem side. This is only my opinion - I'm not an expert.

Deedee

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Facebook does not care about the privacy of it's users,

There are myriad examples of their carelessness in this regard. It's usually in the name of targeting your marketing prefs, but can also be used against a person in court as the information you post there can be subpoenaed. Sounds like a long shot, but many people are surprised when they find out just how much information they collect on their users. Mark Z. may not look like Orwell's 'Big Brother' character, but what he has accomplished would make the fictional dictator green with envy. Many people like their service, but in my opinion a person should be careful about providing this information to anyone. Even what people mark as private or features they disable on their page (maps/tags in photos/facial recognition features) are all dutifully collected and cataloged in the top-secret hollowed out volcano/island fortress that facebook calls home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Facebook

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575...ust-get-worse/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/tech/s...k-home-privacy

http://www.jlellis.net/blog/facebook...w-to-fix-them/

I could post links like that all day. Facebook is about making money by collecting your information, and they are not above sharing it with marketers and government agencies who might ask for it in pursuing a case/lead. To the OP, I would say having a Facebook account for either side is risky.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Is it smart? No. But we do it anyways

If you use cookie blockers then the cross-contamination doesn't happen. Someone who Doesn't Know was "suggested" to me, but I quickly realized it was because they were a friend of someone who is a friend of both sides.

no one ever accused me of being smart. I have proven that over and over again. But I have a Facebook account and I have many friends that used to be here who are no longer here and that is a good thing (trust me when I first joined we had a kick ass group of people on here). I also have very much the same information on my male and female accounts including education and hometown. I have friends who know both sides of me.

And everyone who believes that just because you don't have a FB account (or any other account anywhere) you are not being monitored are delusional. I read there are 5 cameras for every person in the world, so trust me they people you don't want to know where you are...they know.

What interests me is when they suggest I date a "real" man who is older and wants a "real" woman. Guess they don't know as much as we think
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't "out" on Facebook - that's what this forum is for.
    - Phoebe Brenne

So I shall stay on this one. Maybe be strong enough to "out"

I've got a girl and a guy Facebook.....and a lot more stuff going on with Kristina FB!
    Noone who's friends with me on one, is friends on the other.
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 05-14-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have both guy and girl accounts on FB.
    I use a separate browser for each.
    A few friends on both but I did block my boy account from my girl account.That way if I respond to a friend that is on both it doesn't show on the girl side.

I can't cross over an start all over again ,, I still don't know the RULES here ,,lol,,,

Ask the Mods !!! I gotta stay !!

I also have two Facebook accounts. I've never had a friend suggestion from one bleed into the other in any way. Not yet anyway. I'm a just another face in the crowd, another number among millions. There would be much easier ways to out me if some one truly wanted too.

Aspiring Member
    I briefly created a FB account with a picture of me but decided to cancel it. I had a few GG friends from my regular account become my friends on it. Then I realized that the right side ticker could reveal me if there was any conversation. So I suspended the account. The GG's I talk with already know me and my birth name and gender, and who I really am.

Cheryl

If I was doing that I would not have links to anywhere else.
    Even a seperate google email account.
    Use a computer that is not used for your male side at all.
    Cookies and other invasive information can link you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's nothing 'smart' about facebook. If you feel that strangers will enjoy pictures of your breakfast, or that facebook makes you 'published', go ahead.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Rogina has one,and Roger has one.There are no friends in common and Rogina's is active,Roger's isn't. I am not really that worried about "cross pollination".

Gold Member
    I have two. My recommendations? Setup her account with tough security settings. You can always relax them later. But only my friends can do anything which keeps it very manageable. Also, log in to the accounts using separate browsers. As an extra measure, login to her account in the browser's privacy mode so no extra data gets saved locally.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I don't have a Facebook page either way. I like my privacy and if someone wants to know something about me, they can ask or better yet, actually talk to me. conversation is a dying art.

I've got one for each side of me, though so many of my colleagues and friends are friends on both pages I should really just combine them! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Artistheart View Post
    Is it smart to create a Facebook page with your fem side?
    Simply put - No!

That is, unless you are out to the world as a crossdresser, in which case, your "real" facebook page would already have your "fem" side.

Once you put something on the Internet, it never goes away and you lose control of it. You have relative safety here, but even that is not 100% secure. Thar's why most of us do not use our "real" names and most of us don't post pictures that clearly show our faces unless we're really "dolled up".

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    ........... conversation is a dying art.
    You got that right. My wife has a friend who will text her with a question. My wife will text back, then the friend texts back with another question. I'm constantly asking my wife why she doesn't just call the friend and talk to her.
    Last edited by linda allen; 06-24-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Linda: Instead of asking your wife why she doesn't just call her friend, text your wife that question instead

I have a Facebook page with my fem side and I have not had any problem. There is not any relation with my male page: place of birth (no place of birth in my fem profile), college (I only went one month to the college in my fem profile, in a diferent country), friends, there is not location in my fem pictures ... I have used both pages with the same browser in the same computer for years and none of my profiles have received a recomendation of the other as a friend. My fem page is private at the highest level and only friends can see anything more that my picture in the profile. And I think nobody will recognize that girl as the boy I´m.