Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little Experiment with Hormones

A little Experiment with Hormones

I am taking Estradiol and Progesterone per day. I have had the same dosage for 2 years. My fem parts have stopped growing for some reason. What if I were to gradually lower that dose down to none for 1 or 2 months - And then start up again? Would that 'spark' or 'kick start' another growth spurt for my breasts and other areas(hips, butt)?

I started this question in another thread but I felt it deserves it's own thread so here it is.

Update: now I have decreased my E entirely since 2 days ago(6-21-13).
    I've Also stopped the progesterone. I'm still taking the Spiro though.

Now I will maintain this dosage for 1 or 2 months , then start up again (gradually!) E and P (the P, I can actually start again without the gradually increase).

I hope this works!
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-23-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Read the rules, dosages are not permitted for discussion
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

That sounds like a good question to ask your Doctor.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Aspiring Member
    Definitely not a dr here but I don't think stopping then restarting would kick start another growth spurt. I could be completely wrong but don't think genetics work that way. If they did why would TS girls require breast augmentations if they could just play around with hormone dosages?

I'm guessing taking a look at any women in your family would give you an idea how your hips and breasts would look when finished growing. Although, if your body is still producing testosterone they may still remain smaller than family members.

Having said all that, it's possible McDonalds could help with your hip growth.

ask your doctor!!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Aspiring Member
    Ya don't ask us or else you'll get silly guesses from unqualified people like myself. :P
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-23-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer_grl View Post
    If they did why would TS girls require breast augmentations if they could just play around with hormone dosages?
    Why indeed.

Every girl here who is actually transitioning and thus has been on significant hormone dosages for a couple of years has repeatedly said everybody reacts differently and some get very little physical change. But our actual real life experience as people who actually live the lives of transsexual women are apparently not sensational enough to get any traction around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

agreed, talk to a doctor. they can monitor you for adverse effects from the therapy as well. That said, from the few things here and there I have read, you may need a testosterone blocker (I may be completely wrong as well, I have not done much studying on HRT) Please don't start taking more things without first consulting a medical professional though. <3

Banned Read only
    The title alone sent up the red flags.
    "Experiment with Hormones"
    You don't Experiment with Hormones. ever.

It was just an idea! I didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers here! The only reason I started this experiment is because my Dr. doesn't know much, if anything at all about transitioning!! So that's why I seek help elsewhere, and if I can't ask you fine ladies who can I ask?.... Nobody!! Thanks for the replies ladies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalista Drake View Post
    The only reason I started this experiment is because my Dr. doesn't know much, if anything at all about transitioning!!
    And so you seek unqualified medical information on the [cyber]street that, at best, is ill advised and at worst might screw your body up and could even kill you instead of finding another doctor because . . . ?
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    One thing to keep in mind, eventually the changes slow down and level off. That point varies for each person/regime, but it occurs for sure. Along the way there are times when "growth" or "change" slow or stop for a bit (read months). Maybe you've hit that final point, or just a slow phase. I'd stick with your doctors advice. Same same for natal women by the by - puberty is not continuous change.

For me ? After 2.5 years of HRT I was not noticing any new changes. After GRS things changed a lot for a year, then stopped. YMMV
    Last edited by CharleneT; 06-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Silver Member
    Some have gone off for surgery or medical reasons and lost growth that took time to get back I don't think I have heard anyone say it helped them

If your doctor isn't all that familiar, ask for a referral for one that is. Don't play Dr. That's a kids game. As said prior, you could do more harm than good.

Bobbi

YMMV
    why don't you go to your Dr and ask for a different delivery method of the estrogen? If you're taking pills now try patches or injections. I agree with the other comments that stopping and then restarting doesn't sound like a good idea
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Hi,

Okay have you or did you have your blood tested before takeing any meds a base count really is a must, were you on other meds before you started, or during from when you started, id need to know dose rates to tell approx where you are stoping & starting will depend on some other factors such as do you have any health issues, or had before,

food & drink intake is a factor to be looked at & are you healthy .

if they are low dose rates yes you will have a lose of what you have gained say your 8 weeks depending on what gains you have or had , starting & stoping those meds will not compleatly be out of your body for some & the time ones been on some meds its 3 months before the body is at a level you could say theres no residue left, though there will remain a % that i cant tell & even a blood test wont allways show it conclusivly.,

if say at two years your breasts are a size b & that is quite normal for many men on HRT again depending on those fators iv said about at 11 weeks you would have a lose of about 1 / 2 the gain you had & going back on it would take about again depending on dose rate 8 months to be where you were before going off all meds,

Now if you have blood test every month one would have a better idear of what your body is doing , with out that, its a quess, & even a G P would say much the same.

the blood test, one the first month maybe another the 2nd month if theres any abnormalitys before one goes on HRT. then every 3 month for first year then evey 6 month 2nd year, after that depending on age every two year if older one should every year. .

have you before meds had a mamograme if not why not after meds a mamograme breast cancer, every two year if theres a greater risk in the women in your family then everry year,

sorry i cant help more with out all info ,just email me if you need more help.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 06-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks girls. I will wean myself back on the hormones tonight. I doubt being off them for a few days will make that big of a difference but, with all of your protesting, it's difficult not to take your advice and get back on the meds.

I have the definitive final answer..

maybe, maybe not.

Like others have said before me, you can only go so far before the hormones level off. There's a very steep curve of changes at the beginning of HRT but after about two years things tend to slow down and your body goes into a "maintenance" mode. You could try increasing the dosage of E but that's still not a guarantee. Others are correct in seeking more professional help, but barring that there is a wealth of information to be found on other websites and simple google search should give you more information than you need. I have several friends who have experienced what you describe, but over the years their bodies have continued to feminize in less obvious ways. Muscle tone for one is a fine example. Even the shape and size of your foot can change marginally over time so be patient and careful. Remember that you are playing with your body's chemistry and all though relatively safe, death from complications of HRT are not unheard of. Hope this helps.
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

Please Find Another Physician offic

I would suggest that you request that your doctor to refer you to a practicing endocrinologist who has direct experience with male-to-female HRT. It seems somewhat irregular for her/him not to have already done so, unless you live in a small town and the driving distances are prohibitive.

It seems curious that your doctor "doesn't know much." And you are letting this person tinker with your fundamental body chemistry? Heavens, get another doctor dear!

With love and respect, Ann
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

I thought all Hormones were Experimental in some way or another a crap shoot ?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I think you are thinking of self-administered hormones - they can be a major gamble especially if you don't order from a reputable pharmacy site.

Hormones prescribed and monitored under the guidance of an endo are not experimental neither should they be a gamble.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Thanks girls! Especially thanks to Plasibeau! You've been a big help, girl!

I've started back on my hormones. I will post my results, if any, after I'm up to my normal dosage.

O
    Kal
    Last edited by Kalista Drake; 06-25-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    I thought all Hormones were Experimental in some way or another a crap shoot ?
    They are somewhat. The manufacturers of these drugs give no info for the use by transexuals. They are used as such but the manufacturers do not give any testing info on it. The info they give is for use by women during menopause or some other reason. So yes they re a bit experimental.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

36 c cup nice waist, hips, butt, thighs, arms, skin face all girl has worked very well for me blockers and e. have no idea what you doctor has you at but three years plus has worked well for me and I have never done anything different then what my doctor put me on. I would never think of doing anything different then what he put me on. I am told my progress has been great and health is very good. srs in October so all has gone well but totally under doctors orders. lol great song was it not.

You're one of the lucky ones! How long have you been on HRT ? and how old are you?