Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested!

Arrested!

Ok, so, I got arrested while dressed up. I wrote it up on my blog.

http://www.davefancella.com/blog/arr...nsvestite.html

Since this happened a few weeks ago, I've been going out dressed however I want, but still without the fake boobs. Why not? What's the worst that could happen?

Wow kool story! I'm happy everything worked out. I couldn't imagine going through that while dressed I would die!
    He wishes he was her.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    OMG Leona! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

From the event I was at about transgender safety and civil rights, I know that if I were arrested as Amy, I would be treated reasonably fairly by Denver PD. Still, I think I'd be mortified!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Well, I'm still mad about getting thrown in the suicide tank "for protection". If the charges hadn't dropped and I had been moved to the general population, it *may* have become an issue, but it may not either.

I just finished reading your blog. Quite the experience really.

I tend to mistrust the police. I'm so glad this went well for you. I would offer kudos to the police but it seems odd to commend someone merely for treating another being with dignity. I'm glad you reported it. Credit where credit is due. We hear such horror stories.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

wow Leona, that's one for the books. So glad everything worked out, it easily could have had a different ending. You write very well btw, kept me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Platinum Member
    Hi Leona, Where else could you go and have that much fun??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow that was a 20 hours to remember!!!

I read this and your blog
    What were you arrested for.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Leona, Where else could you go and have that much fun??
    Heh, I like your attitude.

Kandy: Thanks! I feel so out of practice right now, though. :/

Megan: The charges are a private matter, that's why they're not mentioned in the article.

Yeah the pokie sux for sure, better jail than prison though, the d*** doctor woulda removed your polish if you got to that point though. Out here in Chicago (26th and Cal) you have to be gang affiliated or repeat violent offender to get thrown in div C, (general pop) I visited there a couple times, once on assaulting an officer and they still threw me in div B (drunk tank)

I used to have all kind of anger management issues, that coupled with being proficient in a couple forms of martial arts, i thought I was an invincible bad ass, but there's always someone badder. 30 days in jail awaiting trial, a couple minor fights here and there, then getting a huge ass kicking by a gang of LK's, 90 days of SWAP, and having to sell most of my possesions to pay restitution, really taught me a lesson. I hope this does the same to you. It's too easy to let your emotions get the best of you and cause you to react poorly. Don't know if you have yet, but long term jail and prison of any sort suck.

Have you thought about working on NOT getting arrested! It makes life so much more convenient.

I was arrested at 20 while in the Navy for Drunk and Disorderly and Drinking as a Minor. I stopped drinking after that and I haven't had to worry about being arrested for being drunk anymore.

Try it, and you may not have to relate your arrest history to us again!

Oh, I am glad you were treated with some amount of respect - given your situation.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Have you thought about working on NOT getting arrested! It makes life so much more convenient.
    When you combine the phrase "domestic squabble" and "charges dropped", both of which appear in that article, it means that until I tell you what actually happened, you should probably avoid getting judgmental about it.

Banned Read only
    On the rare occasion when I do venture out en femme, I make sure I have not a sip of alcohol in me. I check my headlights, taillights and brake lights. I carry a change of male clothing in the car. Why? It isn't so much worrying about the police stopping me. It's because I may not want to be taken 'downtown' to meet some unenlightened members of society.

If you remember no other event in your life that one is engraved on your brain.
    Lucky for you.
    No fighting now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Leona,

In your article you said that you were sitting in a courtroom handcuffed to two other prisoners and the magistrate is telling you how to proceed, yet you are so blasé about the process that you "dozed off several times listening to the judge go through his spiel." Later you state "Having done this before, I knew what scene would greet me when I left the jail. "

My thought about this is that you need to learn not to do whatever "domestic squabbling" you did that you don't want to talk about. Getting put in jail repeatedly is not a normal life activity and does not help the image of the TG community at all. The next "squabble" you engage in may end with more severe consequences and none of us wants to see CDing connected with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Leona,

In your article you said that you were sitting in a courtroom handcuffed to two other prisoners and the magistrate is telling you how to proceed, yet you are so blasé about the process that you "dozed off several times listening to the judge go through his spiel." Later you state "Having done this before, I knew what scene would greet me when I left the jail. "

My thought about this is that you need to learn not to do whatever "domestic squabbling" you did that you don't want to talk about. Getting put in jail repeatedly is not a normal life activity and does not help the image of the TG community at all. The next "squabble" you engage in may end with more severe consequences and none of us wants to see CDing connected with that.
    Perhaps I should reread it, because the first two times I was arrested weren't domestic things. One was when I was 21 over drugs, and the other was a DWI a few years ago. I've made the appropriate changes to my life to avoid those two issues coming up again.

To be honest, I spoke with a friend of mine about this particular incident that happens to work with domestic violence victims. Upon hearing my story, she told me I was a victim of domestic violence. So, take that for what it's worth, I'm obviously not interested in lectures over getting arrested in the first place. Like I said, it's a private matter, but if I have to state some facts so that the more judgmental will back off and not do the things that re-victimize me, then there it is.

Tread lightly when domestic violence is involved and you know very little about what happened. Try to stick to the story that IS told. You know, manners and all. And consider that I may very well have posted here with the expectation that my privacy in the matter would be respected, considering what community is here.
    Last edited by Leona; 06-24-2013 at 01:34 AM.

I'm obviously not interested in lectures over getting arrested in the first place.
    Then I suggest you not post about your 'heroic' adventures with your local police department.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Thank you for sharing. That's great to know if I ever get arrested while dressed. You have a great attitude and perspective.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Oh wow what a read -- glad your all right..............................Debr

Quote Originally Posted by mikiSJ View Post
    Then I suggest you not post about your 'heroic' adventures with your local police department.
    Perhaps you should quote the entire paragraph to at least show you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leona
    To be honest, I spoke with a friend of mine about this particular incident that happens to work with domestic violence victims. Upon hearing my story, she told me I was a victim of domestic violence. So, take that for what it's worth, I'm obviously not interested in lectures over getting arrested in the first place. Like I said, it's a private matter, but if I have to state some facts so that the more judgmental will back off and not do the things that re-victimize me, then there it is.
    Thinking this is the wrong place for me now.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    For what its worth, I was surprised by the somewhat judgmental responses too. I found them off the mark, somewhat rude, and I'm glad you posted your story. Glad everything worked out too.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    You may be onto something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen_K View Post
    For what its worth, I was surprised by the somewhat judgmental responses too. I found them off the mark, somewhat rude, and I'm glad you posted your story.
    Really ? I don't see it that way at all. Do you or your friends get arrested repeatedly for various offences ? Mine don't, nor do I.

Leona, thanks for sharing.

As a lawyer, I always try to remember that we are all innocent, unless and until proven guilty. And, here it sounds like the charges were dropped, so no judgment here.

Best,
    Cate

Lady's lady's lady's. Didn't yo mama's tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
    After all she did charges were dropped( innocent people especially males in domestic violence do wind up in jail).
    I do understand getting arrested isnt a proper subject to discuss on this forum. We just don't need to attack someone who I am sure wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. We need each others support. Come on, can't we all just be lady's.

Tina