Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Want To Be Noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I see the point of wanting to make people wonder about you and the reason you dress out of the norm for a guy.
    Thats just the way I choose to dress and if people wonder thats fine with me.
    I understand the need for some to go full out enfemme, its the way they prefer to present.Its all good.
    Most women don't seem to have a problem and will compliment you for thinking out of the box.
    Women are both the best responders and the worst. I figure I'm batting about 400 for women checking me out. Maybe 200 for women giving some form of disapproval. The remainder don't notice, don't care, or manage to show no outward sign of how they feel (those being the ones that I think set the example).

Men, on the other hand, not so good.

But I should point out, I don't care if they wonder about me. I just want them to accept or ignore, and keep their good manners out where everybody can see them.

Banned Read only
    TraciiG, your avatar says you are 60 and to get compliments like that from a 20 year old, I know that sent you over the top. Tonya you're gorgeous!!!

Noticed? Yes, just like anyone else that notices another. I went out for a walk along the Fort Myers beach tonight in a miniskirt and top and completely enjoyed myself. Now it was dusk but I was still out on the beach. On the way back to the motel I went through the drive-up and did get some strange stares but I really didn't care. I did have makeup on as well.

Silver Member
    Was thinking about it as I was talking to a neighbor. She has seen me in several variations of dressing. We've even been wearing matching tops while talking. The funny part is my boobs are bigger than hers and real. I'm sure she has noticed, but she never indicates it.

What caused me to think about it was I had on a really cute top and would have liked a compliment. Guess it really doesn't matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    So you go out, showing as much skin as I do in the picture below, and you attract the attention of men and women, some good comments and some not so good knowing you're not 100% passable. So what! I do it. I like to be noticed, and I enjoy every minute of it.

Very cute! I can see you catching an eye and turning heads, looking like the real deal for sure.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

My style is mixed dress - male shirt, womens jeans or shorts, pantyhose (sometimes) and mary janes or ballet flats. I'm not exactly seeking to be noticed, although I know that I am. I am being myself and showing that men can wear these clothes just as well as women. I just enjoy being me.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'd much rather be noticed than ignored, but not for my "mixdressing". I wish only to present well as a "classy old broad". If I get noticed for that and my outgoing personality, then how wonderful. I have no interest in confusing people or making a fool of myself.

I could really care less about getting noticed or not...I want/desire/dream of simply going out, wearing what I want to wear without worrying out harassment from supressed, narrow-minded homophobes...which is, imo, a huge difference from simply being noticed. As I've said plenty of times, I love female clothing, and doing what is considered female things...shaving my body, painting my toenails, stuff like that.

So, I guess I'm all over the place. Right now, definately consider myself androgynous, but there are some cases where I love the idea of going full throttle femme. My problem is...I would love to socialize dressed, but have nowhere outside of my home to go safely.

Yea, Deebra I feel that way. Being fairly new to this, when I go out underdressed, I want people to see my panty lines or the bra strap under my shirt. Its exciting. But at the same time, Im kinda scared if someone says anything or someone I know "discovers" me. Makes the heart race. Love it.

Long ago, when I would only ever go out in shorts and pantyhose or in female clothes that looked androgynous/male, I would want to hide from some people and I would try to draw others' attention to my clothes. These days, I go out as a guy in a skirt. I guess it is hard to judge if I am trying to draw attention. It has gotten to be more normal, so I act more normal. I mean that when I am in a skirt, I don't act too differently than I do when I am drab. People treat me much the same as well.

I often go out in "mixed mode" , wearing femme jeans, blouse, bra with forms( noticeable projection), girlie sandals( sometimes hose), and painted toenails. I get some confused looks but never any comments( at least not directly) and don't really care anyway because it is the way I want to present. I was shopping for some tops, the other day, and noticed the S/A looking at my chest. I smiled and said that I always wear my bra if I think I may try things on and she replied that she understood because I would not be able to see if something fit right without it. She was very helpful and totally accepting! I don't get a thrill out of shocking people though.

Monique

I got noticed today in all the Good Ways and none of the Bad Ways. An old guy flirted with me, another guy opened the door for me, I got checked out. Kinda cool.

Not anywhere near even trying to pass, I just tied my sarong as a short skirt (mid-thigh length) because it's so freaking hot right now. Tie-dye t-shirt (one of my favorite ones, actually). Stubble on my face, I mean, there's no mistaking me as a man but I got treated as a girl, very polite and respectfully so.

Sejd
    I don't dress androgynous because my experience is that it is too confusing for other people and calls for awkward situations. I like to dress like a woman when I go out. I pass most of the time and if I don't, well then the people mostly take me for A TS and that's OK too. I feel more free when I don't attract attention. I dress modestly but very femme. That's the way I like it.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Actually, I don't really like too much attention myself. I've even got some really doudy stuff to purposely look like a middle aged office worker and for some reason, it's lack of sexuality seems more correct now that I'm older. Here's to dressing age appropriate I guess.

However, I still have a couple of mini-skirts (one in plaid) that make me look like a leggy teenager from the neck down that is.

I prefer to blend in rather than stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTee View Post
    I prefer to blend in rather than stick out.
    Can't think of a better way to say it.

I don't really want to be noticed. But as I practically never go out fully dressed as a woman anymore. That's hardly an issue. The very first time I went out was many years ago when I was young and attractive and convincing. I was with another CD and we got whistled at. To this day I'm not sure if the whistle was directed at the sexy girl or the trannie. Since then the times I went out fully dressed I didn't want noticing and really avoided contact with people. But there is one difference between a man and a woman. A man is almost invisible for the most part. Women are always looked at both by men and women. So effectively you will be noticed.

I do dress in women's clothes on a daily basis but ambiguous clothes. I'm dressed like that now. Everything I'm wearing right now is female. But the visible clothes could be either male or female unless you look closely. I don't want to be noticed like this, although I think my sister in law did because she has an identical top.

My own preference is that I wake up in the morning and dress as a woman and carry on my day perfectly normally and unremarked. That's my dream. On the other hand even women dress to be noticed. Going out or going to parties. Short skirts, high shoes, fake tan and lots of make up. I'd love to do that too.

I suppose it really depends. I wouldn't mind being noticed as long it didn't lead to any hostility from people. I can't cope with that.

Kandy barr you go girl i am the same way

Sometimes but not all the time, guess it's, want to get coming out over with, but at the same time I'm deathly afraid.

I much prefer to blend in. Dressing appropriately for occasion and age is half the fun. Certainly wouldn't want to go out dressed like a lady of ill repute and attract all the negative attention that entails.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Does a part of you want someone (mainly women) to notice/ question /wonder are they girl clothes he's wearing, is he dressed a little fem, is that the outline of a bra strap under his top? If this is you does it bring a little danger and excitement to going public. Does it give you that "high-five" feeling when you return to your car and have pulled it off?

... Isn't it also fun to take this next step in your cd journey?
    Deebra, I'd like to ask you a question if you don't mind. Assuming that the scenario you ask about applies to you (assuming that you would enjoy being noticed by women), may I ask why?

The reason I ask:
    Most of us want people to think well of us. So we'll tend to not do the things in public that we know are dissonant to many people, such as belching very loud, passing gas, picking our teeth or noses, etc (sorry for the graphics). So, assuming that most women would think, "Ewww - is that guy wearing a bra?", or "Good Lord ... look at that guy who is feminine clothing. *scratch head* I wonder if he's gay", instead of "Oh look - I'm excited because I wonder if that cute guy is wearing a bra", why would anyone hope to be discovered as being a man who wears feminine things?
    Reine

Deebra..... you are right on! I can never go out en femme but I love to push the envelope and feel the excitement of being as femme as I can. A few unbuttoned at shirt top with bra and/or cami barely visible, stocking/pantyhose with no socks visible in shoes, perfume, conservative jewelry, light lipstick. Oh my.... and to do so shopping for panties and bras or nighties. Yes, it does get exciting.

I want to be noticed, I very thin arched eyebrows, pierced ears with gold hoops, shaved all over, long arylic nails with light pink polish,painted toenails, ankle braclet, braclet and necklace. I wear very tight girls junior bootcut or skinney jeans, leggings, capris or short shorts, with girls sandals

so this thread is for adrenaline junkies?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I may have a bit of insight into if anyone is noticing and I have to say it is really unlikely that anyone is noticing if your jeans are girl jeans. Maybe there are a few extremely fashion aware women out there who might happen to also look at you that closely but it's unlikely to happen very often.

So that's probably good news for people who aren't wanting notice and less fun news for the trill of it all.
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy