Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Household Chores While CD'ing...

Washing the dishes and washing my female clothes. I love rinsing out my tights when I am dressed, it makes me feel so Womanly.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Ladies, thank you all for your responses. Reading through them, I'm not surprised that there seems to be quite a few of us that feel that although housework is a chore, doing so while crossdressing at least makes it less arduous.

I was particularly intriqued by those replies indicating a penchant for dressing appropriately for the aforementioned tasks: i.e., French Maid outfits ( I just have to get one... sooo sexy!), and maid's attire in general.

Additionally, although I typically wear my hair loose en femme, I tie it up in a high pony while washing dishes, sweeping, scrubbing, or vacuuming... keeps it out of my face and reduces the dampness from perspiration. Anyone else here adjust their hairstyle while doing housework?

Just curious... are there others that dress specifically for housecleaning? I have a really pretty lace-trimmed apron I purchased online from Roses and Teacups, with, of course, a red roses motif; ultra feminine!

Again, thanks so much for your thoughts... no wonder I spend so much time here!

Maid's uniforms? Nope, don't have any. Just wear what seems comfortable, usually a sleeveless blouse and shorts or a skirt, and a frilly apron. If I have long hair, I'll pin it back or maybe wear a short scarf. This thread reminds me of one of my fave Julie Andrews' songs ... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

After the last of our residents leave the home each morning, I do my nails and put something on. *giggles about all the new choices*. Since this has started, I seem to be helping more with some of the household chores. I don't know how much of it is the giggle I get just from being dressed and how much of it is my desire to ensure Julie continues to like having another girl around.

Hugs
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Yes I dress in my French Maids outfit, make-up, wig the whole nine yards and do the housework. If I am not in my outfit I just wear stockings and heels! Such fun for a rotten chore. LOL

I dislike most housework, but doing it while dressed distracts me and makes me dislike it a little less.

Still, I'm not volunteering to clean anyone's house even if I can wear the prettiest outfit while doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    This thread reminds me of one of my fave Julie Andrews' songs ... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."
    Claire, you're spot on. My inspiration for this thread stemmed entirely from the necessity of catching up on household chores, and how best to reduce the tedium attendant therein... thanks!

"Mary Poppins"... the first time I heard "A Spoonful Of Sugar"... I love Julie Andrews, too!

A "spoonful of sugar" is exactly what crossdressing is to me...that which enables me to swallow the unpleasant while appreciating the gift of how amazingly glorious I feel to be alive and dressing as I please...

Yes I agree Rebecca Lynne. Being mySELF while doing chores smoothes everything out. Even housework goes well. Like...it doesn't not really feel like 'work'. As a woman, I no longer feel that inner resistance. I just go thru the motions. Get what needs to be Done. Feel better for it too. I accomplish so much more, so much effortlessly. Implicit to it all is the saying how "a girls work is never done we just go on and on somehow deal with it". Amen

If I'm dressed absolutely nothing gets done, least of all housework. Might make myself some team sit down and read a book. Hahahaha...quite useless I am.
    Sonia now has a flickr stream...can she interest you to hop over and take a peek?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniacd/
    She's also on Facebook now...and she'd like very much to be your friend
    http://www.facebook.com/sonia.cd1

Ironing is a real chore for me, but I find I get more of it done, and better, in a skirt, top and ballet flats! Laundry generally I find quite enjoyable in drag .. I just wish our garden wasn't overlooked, I'd love to peg out washing on the line dressed .. I guess the neighbours think I'm pretty weird anyway for just hanging out ( Anne's and my ) skirts, tights and lingerie
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Banned Read only
    As a retiree with a still working wife, it is only proper that I do as many domestic chores as possible. My wife is a teacher. Except for the summer when she is off, I do the chores en femme. That includes laundry, changing the linens, ironing, vacuuming, cooking, baking, etc. I also have ample time to eat breakfast and lunch in our backyard. Of course, I am totally en femme a la June Cleaver; dress, slip, bra, panties, hosiery, heels, wig, etc.

There is no reason not to feel great while doing domestic chores.

Glad you asked. The only way housework gets done around here is when I dress up. My male side is politically correct and doesn't regard household chores as women's work but he never mops the floors. My fem side fulfills herself as a homemaker and I get tired of cleaning up after him ... he doesn't even leave the toilet seat down .. I'd divorce "him" if I could ...
    Last edited by Cheryl123; 06-26-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling

I often wind up doing housework while dressed. Not as an "activity" that I seek out and enjoy, but almost by definition when I'm dressed its "free time" and I take advantage of the free time by being productive.

My only complaint is that a) if I'm dressed up it feels distinctly odd to do the dishes in a party dress, and b) my breast forms shift uncomfortably when I'm bending over a lot picking things up. Need to wear the tight bra in those cases...

Gold Member
    I have a real nice French Maids outfit. I would never to house work while wearing it,
    I do not want to get it dirty.
    However, a skirt and top with bra and forms works well for me.
    Rader

Tried this the other day in my quest to know what a girl feels like...nice quiet day, no one home and not much else to do. Got dressed, did dishes, vacuumed, cleaned a bathroom, then out to the garage in an old t-shirt and shorts to fix/wash some motorcycles. It was a really cool feeling and Molly, you are right, breasts are hard to keep track of. So G/F is taking me shopping for some sports bras.

Quote Originally Posted by mollycd99 View Post
    My only complaint is that... b) my breast forms shift uncomfortably when I'm bending over a lot picking things up. Need to wear the tight bra in those cases...
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline80 View Post
    ...Molly, you are right, breasts are hard to keep track of. So G/F is taking me shopping for some sports bras.
    LOL! Molly, Madaline, and all the rest of you "domestic goddesses" seeking to keep the "girls" in place (under any circumstances): I highly recommend pocketed brassieres. I've got four: one of each in white, black, beige and pink; if you'd like to know where I got mine, send me a PM, and I'll be happy to share my source with you. She's also my "go to" girl for forms... and a member here. I'm sure you'll be pleased with her merchandise... top quality and affordable, as well!

And speaking of pleased... I really appreciate all of your responses to this thread. I'm having a great time reading them, and thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this topic!

When I get home from work I shower off the guy and go all girl. So all housework, etc. is done enfemme. Sometimes it's the "Donna Reed" thing, dress, hose, heels, etc. Other times it may be capris and a cami, but always forms, makeup and wig.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I don't dress in a maid's outfit to do household chores, nor do I dress up as a woman to do them. I don't dress as a male to do them either, I just do them wearing whatever I have on at the time, providing it's appropriate.

Equating hosework to women or dressing like a is pretty sexist.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I love doing any kind of work while dressed or partially dressed.
    Most memorable time was changing the oil in the car wearing a set of Dolleys.
    Couldn't keep them from bumping the under chassis and getting dirty!
    Susann_Gardener

I always do household chores while dressed enfemme. I would never consider doing them any other way.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Equating hosework to women or dressing like a is pretty sexist.
    Yeah, but for me that's not the point. Doing a tedious task while cross-dressed takes my mind off the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    I always do household chores while dressed enfemme. I would never consider doing them any other way.
    Arlene, seems we're definitely on the same page. Were I to leave the housework to my "guy side", I doubt it would ever get done. I suppose that has a lot to do with
    my upbringing; Mom kept the house neat and tidy, and Dad worked to pay the bills.

I find myself filling both roles. As Leah Lynn pointed out, "shower off the guy". I apply make-up, dress femme, and complete the transformation from breadwinner to homemaker.

I wouldn't want it any other way. I relish the option of changing clothes, and my responsibilities, simultaneously... I may not be capable of multi-tasking (OMG, maybe I'm not as much a woman as I thought!), but I can certainly focus on accomplishing the tasks at hand; i.e., a clean and orderly living environment.

Then again... just wanting an inviting and pleasant living space in which to feel comfortable... that's a woman's thing, right?

OK, I'm relieved... lots of women I know can't multi-task either, yet it doesn't interfere with their ability to get the job done. We like pleasant and comfortable living quarters.

So I'm reclaiming my "woman" card. It feels right!

Thank you RebeccaLynne,
    I do evertyhing enfemme and I love living the way that I do. Hugs & Best Wishes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have often done some household chores dressed. Things like dishes, laundry, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, and bedding to name a few. There are certain things I won't do dressed like cleaning the bathroom (especially the toilet) washing windows and painting.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Yep only way to work!! lol Comfy sundress and flats and getter done! lol