Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with the Transexuals???

What's the deal with the Transexuals???

Has any other - self identifying Transvestites/crossdresser (though I hate the word "crossdresser" as to me it only implies "dress". and there is so much more to it for me at least) - but I digress....

Have you noticed transexuals (in my terms it's taking hormones) overly critical, judgmental, of you for not taking it to where they take it?

Often forcing hormones as the solution and trying nicely to say without the hormones "you'll never be a real woman" or understand women ....

Thoughts?
    Mandi Li

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh yeah quite a bit on some other sites.I tend to not reply to the hate.
    What they think is right for them may not be what I feel is right for me.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-25-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I normally take CD girls on HRT with a grain of salt. They can be unpredictable at best, and downright nasty at their worst. I wouldn't do hormones no matter what you promised me. I like my mature and adult state of mind. Okay, maybe not all that adult!

No TS gal has ever tried to talk me into it or put me down Hon. Some things I have been told from my TS sisters is that some felt they had no choice when they went through transition as they felt they were living a lie by not have their bodies match their feelings. Personally, I've never felt pressured one way or the other as I just enjoy being myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Mandi,

I believe it's quite the contrary... From what I've seen in this forum as well as others is that hormones are usually not recommended for TV/CD because it will make permanent changes. On top of that the health risks involved by taking them just to achieve cosmetic change of the body for when they dress or transform... Usually these posts originate by someone asking if others have been successful in hiding any growth contributed by the hormones or herbs in which the BIG question arises... WHY would you alter your body if you're only interested in part time usage of the new appendages?? Then naturally the 2nd question is how they are acquiring the hormones if they are taking them, thru the internet or under the care of a physician...

In short, I'm not sure where you're reading this "forcing" or hormones and though it is said there is a euphoric experience or peace of mind when taking the hormones, I believe no one and that includes GG's truly understands women...

Just my 2ยข

I've not seen that here. What I have seen are transsexual cautioning against the casual use of hormones in order to grow breasts or to partially feminize... HRT is taken quite seriously here and I am sure that if a transsexual was to see another transsexual saying anything of this nature.. They would quickly be admonished for doing so.
    Most of time those who are contemplating (TS and CD alike) are advised to seek out a qualified gender therapist before even thinking about HRT.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 06-25-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I've not seen that here. What I have seen are transsexual cautioning against the casual use of hormones in order to grow breasts or to partially feminize... HRT is taken quite seriously here and I am sure that if a transsexual was to see another transsexual saying anything of this nature.. They would quickly be admonished for doing so.

Oh! I have seen it and on this site. When I first joined here, I would visit and post in other places. I won't mention the body issues forum. They are hormone snobs. To them nothing else exist but to poison their bodies and risk lots of nasty things to achieve their ends. Offer an alternative holistic approach and you will get responses from polite disagreement to outright condescension. I have not made that mistake since.
    I do agree they do not recommend any casual use of hormones. But, they are of one mind in that is the only way you can feminize the male body. Although there is proof other ways exist.

BTW, I find it hilarious that we can talk about hormones but if you mention the forbidden h word... your post is deleted.

Annette
    Last edited by Annette Todd; 06-25-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added

There are many different opinions of what makes a real woman and that in itself would be an interesting debate.

When you meet one transsexual that is all you have met, one transsexual.

Many transsexuals when they are transitioning are in a fragile state plus they were already psychologically vulnerable from living a life out of extreme balance so any compassion and empathy you extend them I'm sure would be most appreciated or at the very least will make the burdens they carry less burdensome

Be thankful that you are not transsexual because many do not survive it.

Concerning peoples opinions remember that is all they are offering, opinions.

Find your own truth.

My own opinion is it takes more than hormones to be a woman, much more.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    This thread has the potential to be a great thread for good dialog or can slip easily into a proverbial catfight. I think we meaning EVERYONE has to remember, that it's more about the TG spectrum and where you fall on it. I don't think it' snobishness, hormones or such, it's more about the experience of where we are at that moment in our lives. Everyone is on the same road, there are just many exits and rest spots along the way. We have to respect everyone's choices. I see a lot of good advice here, but also a lot of bad advice. Everyone has an opinion nd yes there are those who are passionate of their choices and passionate about promoting what has been healthy for them. Sometimes this site is like an incubator for those whose journey end in transition and they fde from active participation to go out and lead a more private life. it's interesting to note that more people who identify as CD leave and then return to this site, then those who identify as TS
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

This thread seemed to have started out in a rather inflammatory way. Like Kelly states, it can degrade or be an interesting dialog. I hope it proves to be the latter.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

TBPO I have never ( and I've been around a while) heard tell of any TS who has lauded the holistic approach to feminization nor have I seen any professionals ( besides the people who make the stuff) offer the holistic approach as a "safer" "working" alternative to hormone therapy. One would think that if the holistic approach was a viable alternative... People would be jumping on them. Nor have I seen any so called proof that holistic s do in fact work other than ( before the subject was banned) an individual or two saying that it worked for them.... None of whom were transsexual. If the holistic approach did work as you say wouldn't you think that more people would be aware of it? Wouldn't there be more said about it in the transsexual community?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 06-25-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by steftoday View Post
    This thread seemed to have started out in a rather inflammatory way. Like Kelly states, it can degrade or be an interesting dialog. I hope it proves to be the latter.
    nods in agreement, Its a good topic and one that can can be beneficial to the community as a whole , but only if we self police ourselves . Which I fully believe will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    TBPO I have never ( and I've been around a while) heard tell of any TS who has lauded the holistic approach to feminization nor have I seen any professionals ( besides the people who make the stuff) offer the holistic approach as a "safer" "working" alternative to hormone therapy. One would think that if the holistic approach was a viable alternative... People would be jumping on them. Nor have I seen any so called proof that holistic s do in fact work other than ( before the subject was banned) an individual or two saying that it worked for them.... None of whom were transsexual. If the holistic approach did work as you say wouldn't you think that more people would be aware of it? Wouldn't there be more said about it in the transsexual community?
    I'm not familiar to the meaning of 'holistic approach', are we talking about natural herbs and such ? I thought the basis of a lot of medicine is herbs ? (BTW, im not advocating , it's just an informational inquiry)
    Last edited by Sandra; 06-26-2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use the edit function
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Silver Member
    Not all transsexuals do this, thank goodness.

However, yes, in my many years in the transgender community I have had people tell me time and time again that I should try hormones, how much better off I would be on hormones, that I am really a TS and someday I will regret that I didn't start HRT when I was young etc. etc. etc. I always look at these people and think, would you recommend someone who does not have diabetes take insulin?

I have also, to a lesser extent, been told I should try dating men, someday I will inevitably desire to be with men, how much happier I would be if I dated a man etc. I look at them and think, would you tell a gay man that it is inevitable that someday he will want to be with a woman?

What they are really doing is reflecting their own regrets or desires onto me, or they just don't believe it is possible to be an occasional heterosexual TV for whatever reason.

I am transexual. I've known it all my life, but I waited a long time to really start to do anything about it. GD was rough on me in the last year. I wasn't able to function properly. I'm on HRT, for my own reasons. What led me here I would not wish on anybody, and what lays ahead may not be a picnic either. If dressing/presenting female keeps you happy, stay the hell away from hormones. You are just as much a woman, and just as valid, in our community, or any other, without them. For me they are the last resort.

You know what works better than herbs from a shady corner of the internet?
    Estrogen and an anti-androgen as prescribed by a physician after a diagnosis of GID.

It's not about putting someone down, but any drug is serious **** and should only be taken under supervision and only if it's needed.

Platinum Member
    I think it's very important to use common language to classify people. I would not begin by offering a definition of transsexuals only in terms of individuals taking hormones. That excludes a lot of people. In the several years I've been here I've seen many more cautions by tTS people against assuming that transition is easy than advocacy for HRT or any other step in that process.

Hmmm,
    Well I can't offer my knowledge or experience on the subject here because my post would be deleted faster than you can say "banned subject". Anyone who
    cares to read what I cannot write here is welcome to send me a private message.
    While I agree that TSs have had very tough issues to deal with, they ought to realize that others can sympathize but a mile in their heels isn't a path we can relate to.

Annette

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    You know what works better than herbs from a shady corner of the internet?
    Estrogen and an anti-androgen as prescribed by a physician after a diagnosis of GID.

It's not about putting someone down, but any drug is serious **** and should only be taken under supervision and only if it's needed.
    Proved my point perfectly...
    Thanks

I am dragging my behind out of this thread before I get completely P Od.
    out!

Annette
    Last edited by Sandra; 06-26-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please use the edit/mulitquote function

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    ............ What they are really doing is reflecting their own regrets or desires onto me, or they just don't believe it is possible to be an occasional heterosexual TV for whatever reason.
    Very insightful, It reminds me of the hotel room silicone injections that people do and sometimes die from.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    I am transexual. I've known it all my life, but I waited a long time to really start to do anything about it. GD was rough on me in the last year. I wasn't able to function properly. I'm on HRT, for my own reasons. What led me here I would not wish on anybody, and what lays ahead may not be a picnic either. If dressing/presenting female keeps you happy, stay the hell away from hormones. You are just as much a woman, and just as valid, in our community, or any other, without them. For me they are the last resort.
    Just curious why would you say stay away from hormones ?

nods in agreement .
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    Proved my point perfectly...
    Thanks

I am dragging my behind out of this thread before I get completely P Od.
    out!

Annette
    Why?
    Hormones are serious **** and I'm only going to start talking to my doctor about them after a year of seeing a gender therapist.

Plus the fact that they can cause complications that can literally kill you.
    Hormones really are a non-issue, and it's partly taken because our brains aren't meant to run on testosterone and we feel like ****.

I don't understand. Are you getting PO'd because this forum will not allow talk on certain subjects, or because some transsexuals are giving advice that is supported by healthcare professionals? Or is it that you disagree with this advice?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Why?
    Hormones are serious **** and I'm only going to start talking to my doctor about them after a year of seeing a gender therapist.

Plus the fact that they can cause complications that can literally kill you.
    Hormones really are a non-issue, and it's partly taken because our brains aren't meant to run on testosterone and we feel like ****.
    I will agree with you there. That is why I think they are a bad idea. Additionally, Spiro is not meant for the purposes of anti androgen. To accomplish that feat with Spiro, the doses are nearly toxic levels. Added in the risks of cancer with hormones that have to be processed in the liver, Imo, is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    [COLOR=blue]

Just curious why would you say stay away from hormones ?
    If a person is perfectly happy with thier-presentation, lot in life, and mental state, why choose hormones? Hormones help fix defects, not help build a better crossdresser.
    If you aren't calling you therapist begging for your HRT recommendation letter, chances are good you don't need one.

Silver Member
    Have you noticed transexuals (in my terms it's taking hormones) overly critical, judgmental, of you for not taking it to where they take it?

Often forcing hormones as the solution and trying nicely to say without the hormones "you'll never be a real woman" or understand women ....
    Nope, never experienced or seen that here, or with other transsexuals that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I don't understand. Are you getting PO'd because this forum will not allow talk on certain subjects, or because some transsexuals are giving advice that is supported by healthcare professionals? Or is it that you disagree with this advice?
    No. It's the intolerant, holier than thou, close minded attitudes of some. Not pointing any fingers whowhatwhen. I generally value your contributions. I don't discount gid. But, we are not all on the same cruise ship and because we have different issues and views, neither should anyone be discounted as insignificant.

Speaking as one who lurks in shady corners.
    Last edited by Annette Todd; 06-25-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added comment

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nolafeet View Post

Thoughts?
    Oh gyod you think that is bad, you ought to read some of the threads in the TS sections. Some of them go and eat a bunch of pills or get surgeries and all the sudden they know it all. They don't often razz the CDs for not taking hrt but a few TS have the "trannier than thou" attitude towards each other.

Can't nobody tell anyone else how to live.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.