Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Bras So Dang Hard?!

Why Are Bras So Dang Hard?!

Ok, so am I the only one who has a problem taking OFF a bra?? When Im fooling around with my wife, Im a pro and can unlatch her bra with one hand and eyes closed. I dont even have to think about it!
    But! When I am trying to get my own dang bra unlatched, I cant do it with one hand or two! I end up taking the shoulder straps off and turning it around to unhook it. What the heck?!? When Im with my wife, Im a pro, and when Im by myself, Im a fumbler. Ugh!

You have to do it underhand when it's on your own back rather than the over handed oh! gee look hon your bra is undone (snicker) method. Kind of like giving a wedgie to yourself rather than someone else. God! That's a visual that will turn your brain to mush.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I slide them down a step out of them.

Put them on the opposite of that. Learned that from am old girlfriend. Kinda figured it was common because, as you say, the other way is such a pain.

Hahaha! I tried that and it still didnt work! >.< . I guess my method of strapping off and turning it around will have to suffice. I just feel so clumsy when its on me.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    It takes practice. I used to have to do the "hook it in front and spin it around" trick. Now, though, I can hook and unhook my bra in back directly. I wouldn't call it "easy," but I can do it. Just one of those skills that GGs have had way more training at that I have to master...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

There is another masculine trait you will have to forget.....
    Then practice on the new feminine trait.
    I can do a full longline bra up all the way.
    I am good at zipping up my own dress also.
    I can still get my wife's bra undone in a snip.
    Like riding a bike some skills you never lose.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    It's really quite easy. Women in the 50's were extraordinarily adept at the feat. There's just nothing sexier than seeing a woman hooking and later unhooking her bra behind her back. It's almost like a strip show. Conversely, watching a woman hooking up her bra in front and spinning it around is really quite a let down. I can hardly imagine how unsexy it would be to see your bride stepping out of her bra. I'd file for an annulment!

It only takes a little practice.

Taking a bra off without sliding it down and around is about the only thing my bod can still do.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    It takes practice. I used to have to do the "hook it in front and spin it around" trick. Now, though, I can hook and unhook my bra in back directly.
    A good friend of mine's daughter once asked me if I "Chicken Wing" or "Washing machine" to get my bra's on. Once she made the motions of putting a bra on using both of these methods we both just burst out laughing.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Hi,

Well i thought all this talk here was / is so funny. how would we say it a laugh a min' .

Well why dont you buy some clipped in front they work quite well . myself iv not worn any bras since may last year, because of a fall at that time, dont need them as it is,

...noeleena...

Practice practice practice. Oh well after all of that practice I still have to hook in front and spin to put mine on but then so does the wife. She can unhook with one hand tied behind her back and I have to spin to get mine off. One of lifes little mysteries but at the same time such a lovely little feminine touch to watch her do it. Of course I can do hers with one hand and a snap of the fingers. Don't even get me started on zipping up dresses.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I really think that the clothing designers should be made to wear the designs for a month before they
    start selling them. Some of the contortions that women have to go thru to just get dressed.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hook it in the front and turn it around. Reverse to unhook it. Why make things harder than they have to be?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I don't have a problem..... just reach around with both hands and unhook it... but then again im pretty flexible.... and can lace up my corset and tie a bow behind my back too....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Practice, practice, practice. I have been doing it since I was about 4 and I have no trouble whatsoever with a bra.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Practice makes perfect Eva. Its a lot of work being a girl. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Lol my wife "washing machines" () hers to put it on, and "chicken wings" it to take it off. I analyse her every time lol. I washing machine it for both ways. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing!

Practice, practice, practice, but I've still got some bras the hooks don't want to cooperate. Then I have to spin them around.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    I washing machine it both on & off, my wife chicken wings it, which I love watching her do!! She started at 14 and was limber as hell, and now she does it as a reflex. I'm learning in my 50's, NOT as flexible, but I am working on it!
    Just a run-of-the-mill underdressing CD

I don't know why but the first time I wore a bra I hooked it from the back. I always do. My wife was surprised the first time I dressed in front of her. She said most women she knows put their bras on wrong.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 07-11-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Washing machine on and chicken wings off - if I understand those correctly. I must try chicken wings on - always up for a challenge.

OK, for another "twist". How do you go putting on a strapless bra with the silicon to stop it coming down? I have to use the upside down inside out washing machine with a flip.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Turn it around putting it on chicken wing taking it off

Huh. I've never had a problem taking a bra off either myself or another person.

You could try front-closing bras if you want to make it easier.

This discussion reminds me of a piece in Playboy years ago ... it was called the Happy UnHooker ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    "Chicken wing" or "washing machine", that's hilarious. Love it. Hope I don't laugh the next time a lady "chicken wings" it in front of me!