Thread: Wife gave away some of my clothes! But it is a good thing.

Wife gave away some of my clothes! But it is a good thing.

Two days ago my wife was talking about a friend that has been out of work for some time. Her friend has finally gotten a job and starts next Monday. My wife was talking with her friend and found out that she was limited on business type clothing to wear to work and was concerned that she didnt have any money to get a better set of clothes to wear to her new job. My wife told her that she would see what we could do for her. Our daughter gave us 6 pair of shoes as she wears the same size. My wife was going to go shopping when I told her to just wait a day before she went shopping. I went down stairs to my Renee closet and went though my things and decided to give up 3 of my dresses, 2 skirts, 6 blouses, a jacket, and some jewelery. My wife was really surprised when I brought them upstairs and wanted to be sure that I was willing to give the clothes away. She said that she hadn't meant for me to be the clothing supplier, but came over and gave me a big hug. I feel good that we have the opportunity to help others in time of need, just wish we could really tell my wife's friend where the clothes came from haha.... I just talked to my wife and she said that her friend was thrilled and tears came to her eyes as she tried on each outfit. She said that each outfit looked wonderful and fit nicely. Then she added that I had such great taste in clothes. I think that I see a shopping trip in my future. lol. It always feels wonderful to help out others in need even when they dont know that it was you that helped them.

Rather than take my business suitable clothing to Goodwill or whatever, I donate it to a charity that helps poor people find work and prepares them for the working world.

It's great that you were able to help someone.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    It always feels wonderful to help out others in need even when they dont know that it was you that helped them.
    Back in the 12th Century a brilliant Jewish scholar and physician wrote a Code of Jewish Law that identified eight degrees of charity. Here are the "Top 3":

3. When the donor is aware of the recipient's identity, but the recipient is unaware of the source.

2. When the donor and recipient are unknown to each other.

1. The highest form of charity is to help sustain a person before they become impoverished by offering a substantial gift in a dignified manner, or by extending a suitable loan, or by helping them find employment or establish themselves in business so as to make it unnecessary for them to become dependent on others.

You scored very high!

For an entire list click here.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    That was very kind of you and I'm sure a greatly appreciated gesture. So, you're wife's friend knew those were your clothes...and that you are a CDr? That's cool too!

No Kim, My wife's friend does not know that I am a crossdresser. I just wish that we could tell her.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did a fine thing Renee its always good to help when you can.

Platinum Member
    Hi Renee ,That's is really giving from the heart, That will come back to you many fold!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's a wonderful gift Renee, especially from a girl who, if you're anything like me, loves her clothes. Yes, I see a shopping spree in your future.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Renee, that was a wonderful and unselfish thing you did! Maybe one day your wife's friend will know that it was Renee that gave her the clothes.

Meantime, you can go shopping and buy even better clothes!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Thank you for sharing this story. Have fun shopping!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Paying it forward is good karma for you

I think that should give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
    A very nice gesture.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Renee,
    That was a great thing to do. God will bless you.

Hugs
    Jolene

Yes Kandy, I also love my clothes, but who could hold on to something that another person could use more than you. Amy, I look forward to a time when we dont have to keep our secret and can just be one of the girls when we want to. Jolene, God has blessed me so many times and will continue to do so. Not because of the things that I decide to do, but because that is what he does.

Gold Member
    That was a wonderful thing to do Renee.

Thank you Renee for your post, It brought a smile to my face too.

That was very nice of you Renee It always nice to know that some people still do care about others in this messed up world.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I think that's a great thing you did Renee. I'd like to thin I'd do the same thing if presented with the same circumstances. No wait! I know I'd do it too. It feels good to help. And I'm sure extra special when it comes from your feminine things.

Gold Member
    You get a 5 star certificate of job well done.
    That was very nice of you.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    That was agreat act of kindness to help someone in a time of need good for you have a big and good heart