Thread: limits on crossdressing

limits on crossdressing

What limits do you set on your cross dressing. I love crossdressing but ai also love being a guym I want to be able to set limits so that I can live a normal life. Iwant to be able to get a girlfriend and eventually a wife and family.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm limited by time (dominated by work, family, household duties), money and the fact my wife disapproves. I do most of my dressing when I'm out of town for work.

setting limits implies you feel you are doing something wrong. Try to accept who you are and what you are.
    You say you want a normal life. Don't we all want that?
    Perhaps in time you will find the family you dream of. But first try to understand you are not a bad person just because you want to dress as a woman.
    Sometimes no limits lets you explore who you are and what you could be. Finding yourself first is the best step towards happiness.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

My limit is when I go to bed------Oh, wait. I put on a nighty or PJ's
    joank
    Southern California

You do not need to set limits, just dress appropriately for the occasion and company you will keep.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I understand what you are saying. But I don't want to dress all the time. I like being a guy in guys clothes also

Hi Julia, welcome to the forum btw. You really should go to the introductions page and tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. In answer to your question, I'm at a stage in life at the other end of the spectrum from your age, so I don't have family, or marriage, or job facing me in my future. With that in mind I don't place any limits on my crossdressing as I identify more with my fem side than my male counterpart. However, when I was your age and had all of those things in my future I very much put limits on crossdressing so as not to jeopardize my future plans. All things worked out pretty well and now I can identify how I please. Hope this helps answer your question somewhat.lol
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Depends on what you mean by "normal" Hon. To most people a guy who wears women's clothes is anything but "normal".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    What limits do you set on your cross dressing. I love crossdressing but ai also love being a guym I want to be able to set limits so that I can live a normal life. Iwant to be able to get a girlfriend and eventually a wife and family.
    If you want to "live a normal life" just forget about crossdressing altogether. For most folks, crossdressing is not normal.

If you don't have anyone (wife, parents, roomate, etc.) looking over you, you can do what you please as long as it's legal and doesn't hurt anyone. Your "limits" can be whatever you want at the time and they can change. In otherwords, you have no limits.

The "wife and family" thing can be difficult to combine with crossdressing. You may find a girlfriend or even a wife who will accept your crossdressing, but it's difficult to combine crossdressing and children.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I am like Julie, i dress mostly when traveling out of town for work, which is 3 out of 4 weeks so i do get to dress often. My wifes approves of my dressing so i am lucky but we have kids at home so i dont dress at home much. (ok i do underdress at home LOL)

Other than those set by a wife or SO your choices are decided by your life style and what you are comfortable with. I'm very happy with the male side of my life and have no trouble expressing it.Yet, I'm just as happy with my female side and fully enjoy expressing it. It is my personal ying & yang.

My limits are imposed by my obligations to others. If I didn't have a family, a job, etc. I'd probably dress a lot more, maybe even most of the time. (On the other hand... if I actually had unlimited opportunity, I might get satiated and not want to do it so much... who knows?)

Miriam
    This a good topic to consider, Julia. As you've discovered already, the term 'limits' brings certain reactions. But I think most of us, at least of those who are part-timers, would agree that some balance is helpful. I'm primarily a guy and that's what my wife married, so I manage my time in gal mode accordingly. In my case that's one or two evenings a week, with a bit more for weekends when I go to support group.

I also keep parts of my body hair that are especially important to my wife's perceptions - especially the chest hair. This means that some clothing options won't work, but I think it's a reasonable trade-off.

Besides being important to my wife, it's also important to me that I maintain my guy side as a prominent part of my life. After all, I really enjoy being a guy too.

You can work out your own balance, but it's best to do so in consultation with your partner so you can ensure both of your needs are met.

Miriam

My only limit is for my wife, not me. If she wants me in boy mode, she has to tell me before I get all dressed up.

As young as you are, you might try going out in the most masculine non-kilt skirt you can find and see if a girl tries to pick you up. If someone does, that's a really good sign.

There are restrictions, and boundries, to watch for. If I went out much around this area, there would be tons of gossip, and maybe vandalism . There are a bunch of teens that live right next door, too. The pitchforks and torches maybe outside my door, if i was outed here, or to my hostile brother, and dad, and sister. Some of us live like secret agents!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But I don't want to dress all the time. I like being a guy in guys clothes also
    I know what you mean. I am a part time cd myself. I am a caregiver, so my dressing time is limited. I also am very happy dressed as a guy most of the time too!!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "normal" Hon. To most people a guy who wears women's clothes is anything but "normal".
    Damn! The lady beat me to the reply. We're all normal in our own way, you just have to find your own acceptable level.

Whilst the muggles may not see it this way. I see my dressing as more a gift than a curse. Consideration of your individuality is always good for a balanced approach but don't over think either

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Damn! The lady beat me to the reply. We're all normal in our own way, you just have to find your own acceptable level.

Whilst the muggles may not see it this way. I see my dressing as more a gift than a curse. Consideration of your individuality is always good for a balanced approach but don't over think either

Reb
    Pretty much Reb. Hey, I have a broomstick too but mine has "warp drive."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I am not sure limiting yourself of something you enjoy is the proper mind set? I think from reading the forum you will find that nearly all of us are unable to stop being who we are as CD'ers. As a result, maybe the best way to approach finding a girl friend or potential wife is to be sure she is ok with Julia going into the relationship.

It's pointless, dear. It would be like trying to set a number of times you are allowed to sneeze in a day. There are things you just can't control, CDing being one of them.