Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out at Work (Police Department) and Getting Close to Full Time

Wow, Steph. I am in awe of your braveness. I would almost be proud to receive a ticket from you... almost. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    Thank you Melissa. Coming from you that means a lot!
    LOL

Why? cuz I'm a mouthy hag? :-)

What you're doing in your real life is a heck of a lot tougher than dealing with the likes of me on the faceless internet. We are the same; Just two late in life TransitionerS who are doing the best we can. Except I didn't have the guts to do it like you, I had to move to what I perceived to be a more accepting area first. You on the other hand are giving the T-finger to ARIZONA.

Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

You are an incredibly rare person steph!
    A fine and rare person.
    Nice to meet you!
    Do not judge someone by what they wear . There's a person inside there!

Congratulations,Steph, and thanks for sharing this story. That took a lot of courage, especially in your line of work. 11 months? After a lifetime--that's just a blink of an eye, and dealing with the public every day, presenting at work would just make things more difficult. You have plenty to do as it is,and good luck to you, and your wife--I do hope the story keeps getting better!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rileyaz View Post
    Steph,
    Might I suggest that instead of having a "Man" clothes burning party, you donate your clothes to some of the FTMs that might need them. Just my thoughts.
    ::Flowers:: nice thought
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Hi Steph,
    Wow, that's quite a story and you now seem to be on your way after some rough stuff. I have a very very close friend who is very similar to what you're going through with the work situation. She basically is living as a woman full time now, except for work. For her, as I'm sure for you, it's very tough presenting as a male now but the money is good so she's still doing it. Also, like you she plans on ending it in November when she turns 48 so the clock is ticking down for sure. I wish you lots of luck with your journey!

I have a meeting with the chief next Monday morning so I will update on how it goes.

YMMV
    Good luck! Hope the meeting goes well
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Congratulations Steph I'm in awe and wish you the best.I went full time in august and have experience a lot of good and bad but in the end loosing my marriage was the toughest. I know that was hard on her too! Wish you both the best and an easier transition going foward. The amount of changes are mind boggling. Just when you think you are thru another pops up. lol

Untitled
    Thread closed pending response from OP
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another