Thread: Mess in a dress, **** in a frock or flirt in a skirt

Mess in a dress, **** in a frock or flirt in a skirt

My wife calls me all of these.
    Anyway, she can call me what she likes after this weekend. My wifes favourite store Noni B is closing down so she wanted to get some good bargains. (One advantage of being a CD is I have no problem going to clothes shops.) Anyway, she picked out some clothes then asked me whether Eloise would like this black lace skirt? What do you think I said? Then I picked up a nice pink jacket but it was $65, so I put it back. I came away with that black skirt, a plum business (knee length) skirt and a beautiful silk top. My wife spent nearly $400. When we got home and unpacked everything she asked me where the pink jacket was. I told her I put it back. She asked why and I said it was $65 and she said so!. Anyway we went back yesterday expecting them to be gone and to my suprise there was two left in size 12- perfect. So I got my pink jacket, which almost perfectly matches my pink skirt.
    My son is supposed to be going out drinking with his mates this weekend so we may have the house to ourselves. Eloise may be able to try all her new clothes on. Roll on the weekend.

I'm not sure I like your wife's "pet names" for Eloise, but hey, if it works for you then so be it!

Congrats on the haul! And special congrats on the pink jacket! "Pink is more than a color, it is an attitude!"

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sounds like one of the great shopping trips I have had with my SO when fashion bug was closing we went and spent a load of money too. I went back for a dress two days later but unfortunately it was gone. She said "you know if you see something you want , your have to get it right then or it's gone" lol

I am glad that you and your SO had a great time and even better that the pink jacket was still there when you went back now all we need are some pictures of this pink outfit
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I wish I could get both my sons out of the house so I could dress up for my wife. They'll be back in school soon enough Sounds like a good time. Have fun!

I've noticed that Noni B were closing.. Never even given it much thought to have a look actually, Older ladies type of store isn't it? I personally prefer City Chic or Crossroads.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    I've noticed that Noni B were closing.. Never even given it much thought to have a look actually, Older ladies type of store isn't it? I personally prefer City Chic or Crossroads.
    usually older stuff (i am getting old) but my wife likes it. If my sone goes out at the weekend Ill take a photo.

Sejd
    What a great story Eloise. I go shopping with my wife also and she lets me try out in the dressing room with her. It's totally awesome. She doesn't do well with me being Sejd in Public with her and I do respect that, but she is OK about me being out and Sejd when I am by myself. Sounds like you have a great wife as well. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sejd View Post
    What a great story Eloise. I go shopping with my wife also and she lets me try out in the dressing room with her. It's totally awesome. She doesn't do well with me being Sejd in Public with her and I do respect that, but she is OK about me being out and Sejd when I am by myself. Sounds like you have a great wife as well. :0)
    Sejd, I would love to try things on in store, but we have found a way. My SO is size 14 same as my upper size (dresses,blouses,bra's etc) so she tries them on for me. But I am a size 10 waist and she is a 14, so she measures the skirt across the diameter of the waist band and if its close to 39cm we know itll fit.

Way to go, Eloise!
    I've recently had the privilege of my SO buying me clothes: blows my mind.
    Size 12 - lucky girl
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

It is good when you can agree on how much you can spend in excess.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel_rachel View Post
    Nice to have an Aussie theme

Sorry to hear that the Noni B store is closing. Thankfully my local seems to be going strong. The SAs are among my favourite people. They have some great things such as the cardi and top in my avatar. Some of my favourite tops are from Crossroads. Katies also has some good reasonably priced tops and skirts.

Still hard to beat US prices though unless the $A keeps on its slide but the real life shopping experience is hard to beat.

i find Target (pink skirt in avatar) and jacqui E (lace top in avatar) to be great. The quality is ok and as its just for me and no one else why spend a fortune.

I like Target and jacqui E good too.
    Have got some great s/hand stuff of eBay for next to nothing, too!
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be