Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I found my SO in my dress...

I found my SO in my dress...

I am not handling this very well.

I came back home unannounced and he was in my dress. I dont have anything against folks who choose to crossdress-I think many of the pictures here are actually quite adorable and sweet even...

But I have severe trust issues due to having a fairly chaotic childhood and being around male predators and I am left wondering what else I dont know...the first thing he said when I saw him in my dress was a lie about it bringing me close to him......how many other lies can he tell?

It also places a very strange, stress inducing dynamic on the relationship via shifts in sexual dynamics. I am by nature a fairly feminine women, but have learned to be strong willed, obstinate, tenacious and fight to do the very best for my children as a single mom. In some ways this almost gives me a masculine air, with folks even saying I am dominant and bullheaded at times. However I dont enjoy this role-it is simply what i was forced to become in order to survive. I already quell much of my emotional responses in order to control the world around me and find security, but it is emotionally exhausting.

Thus what I would seek in a relationship is someone stronger than me, who could allow me to relax and be more emotional and feminine in contrast to their more masculine persona. Admitting to my own kink, I could easily fall into the role of a sub with the right partner, just to be able to let someone else take control for awhile.

In this relationship, I was already strained as my partner is very clingy and emotional and very feminine in his affection, so I already feel as though I must be the strong one. He tends to be passive and nonactive, so I end up having to be the active driving force much of the time to get things done in our lives. Even his mannerisms are feminine to the point of others having made fun of him as being gay in the past.

In addition he suffers from psychological impotence, something I knew about from very early on in our relationship, so I have tried to be extremely supportive and accepting about...even though at times I feel like he is more attracted to me as a comfort object than a real person-I already felt a bit like I was mother figure or stuffed cuddle bear or blanket he clings to for comfort. My apologies for the graphicness, but often he maintains an erection while rubbing up against me, but loses it when he penetrates me...leaving me feel as though I am unattractive.

I do love him, but this really kind of pushed the strange dynamics over the top...it really grosses me out that he was wearing my dress and likely masterbating on it...it's mine, not his, and it isnt me, its just an object, but is an object I would wear later not knowing what he had done....

I would think he might be gay but he is a bit homophobic to be honest...

This has just messed with my head a great deal...I asked him very early on if he had odd fetishes or other things that would help him past his impotence and he could have shared this then...I would have thought it odd, but it may not have been a deal breaker...

I am moving out now as I need time alone to try and figure this out...

Do these feelings of yuckiness and betrayal ever pass?

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    Let us help. But warning you are getting the CD side in this forum. You will get support and you will get some who will be more supportive of your SO
    I dont have anything against folks who choose to crossdress-I think many of the pictures here are actually quite adorable and sweet even...
    Ah...no one ever called my photos sweet before thanks
    I am left wondering what else I dont know...the first thing he said when I saw him in my dress was a lie about it bringing me close to him......how many other lies can he tell?
    Many here will understand your issue. The GGs especially. It hurts (I know trust me) when you start thinking about all the rest you may not know, what other secrets will you find. Even if there are none, the seed is planted and you have to tend that. Many here will not see your fear. They will tell you it is nothing to be concerned about. That it isn't about "you". But it is, it is about YOUR relationship. He has violated a trust (I call it equity) in your relationship. It takes time to work through that and understand why he did that. He may not even know (thus the lame "I was getting closer to you" line...really? You want closer, try taking care of the kids all day, getting the house ready and dinner and then having someone come home and want ...uh more.....then he would feel "close" Sorry, had to rant on that statement, one of the most lame excuses I think I have seen here).

It also places a very strange, stress inducing dynamic on the relationship via shifts in sexual dynamics.
    You have hit a key there. It changes the "dynamics". Relationships have dynamics, they have patterns. When a partner changes those it upsets the whole balance. It messes up the world you thought existed.

Thus what I would seek in a relationship is someone stronger than me, who could allow me to relax and be more emotional and feminine in contrast to their more masculine persona.
    understood. BUT you have to realize that he can have the same desire and perspective. In an ideal relationship you would beable to nurture each other in this manner. (see he gets a little support here)
    Admitting to my own kink, I could easily fall into the role of a sub with the right partner, just to be able to let someone else take control for awhile.
    We should talk I think you may have the wrong idea on that. Subs are often the ones IN control. There is also a difference between being submissive sexually and being subservient, but that is not for here.

In this relationship, I was already strained as my partner is very clingy and emotional and very feminine in his affection, so I already feel as though I must be the strong one.
    You tried to fill a gender role as you thought it should be. Again, in an ideal situation you would have shared that. He placed his desires above yours and you played along, You don't HAVE to be the strong one...You should be equal (pattern here). What you describe following is basically showing a person who has issues of their own. He needs to work on these as you work on what you know now.
    I do love him,
    That is what I like to hear. So many here say their spouse doesn't love them because of the gender issues. But it isn't love that goes away. It is the foundation of that love when this type of thing is kept secret. And you can make someone love you less if you are not honest and upfront with them.
    it really grosses me out that he was wearing my dress and likely masterbating on it...it's mine, not his, and it isnt me, its just an object, but is an object I would wear later not knowing what he had done....
    You need to discuss this with him and you are absolutely correct

I would think he might be gay but he is a bit homophobic to be honest...
    Let me give you some comfort MOST CDs are not gay.

This has just messed with my head a great deal...I asked him very early on if he had odd fetishes or other things that would help him past his impotence and he could have shared this then...I would have thought it odd, but it may not have been a deal breaker...
    You are new here but you will find if you read a bit, your feelings are not unusual and there are several of us here to espouse exactly what you are saying...tell early...let your partner choose if they want to pursue it.

I am moving out now as I need time alone to try and figure this out...
    and if I can say one thing here, stay with US. Get 10 posts join the FAB forum. Talk to us,. Let "us" help where we can. Yes take some space if that is what you need., but don't give up ...yet

Yes they will, they will be replaced by confusion, feeling responsible, anger, and then hopefully resolution.

Anyway, you started on the right path here. You have opened up and you will get some good and maybe not so good advice.It will be a roller coaster but get the 10 posts, join the FAB forum and loved ones areas. You have a lot of compassion here waiting and a lot of people who are willing to help
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-01-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: syntax and spelling errors
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think maybe the two of you should talk and determine if he knows who he is, what his feelings are and what he really wants. Only by truly knowing himself can those questions be answered. It sounds to me like you know who you are Hon and what you want. Seems to me the next move is up to him. Good luck.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I can appreciate the sick feeling you have, if you still have it after talking about it and your partner leaves you with low expectations, you are probably not suited anyway.
    Think what brought you together in the first place, your partner has a soft and caring side for sure and maybe you are looking for a more aggressive he man that has less thought for the female side of a partnership.

It is a decision you will have to make, remembering that the grass is not always greener on the other side and what can someone else provide in your relationship that your present relationship lacks.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Otter, firstly, welcome. If I may make a suggestion, get ten posts in, and apply for membership in the FAB (Female At Birth) Forum. I've never viewed it, as I'm a crossdressing male precluded from doing so... but I understand it to be a safe haven for those women whose lives have been dramatically altered by a CD'ing partner.

Secondly, pay close attention to Lorileah's reply. She's a moderator here, and has lots of good advice.

Realize...your SO is a crossdresser. TBS, I'm sure you've reached the same conclusion. The question now is, where do you go from here?

Based on your sole post as of today, I can absolutely ascertain that you're an eloquent and intelligent woman. Your writing speaks for itself. You'll need to marshal all of your resources in order to reach some sort of understanding as to what effect his crossdressing has on your relationship.

Lastly... wearing your dress without your permission is just wrong. He has a lot to learn.

Speaking from the perspective of a CDer who has been in your spouse's position:

I also wore my wife's clothes a few times without her permission. I felt quite a lot of guilt and shame for doing so but something irresistible drove me to do it. I was always very careful that I did not damage them in any way and put them back exactly the way I found them. It is very unlikely that your SO was doing anything that would have soiled or otherwise harmed your dress. That dress was likely tried on by others before you bought it, yet you likely haven't given that the slightest thought. The fact that others have worn the dress isn't really the issue, it's your boyfriend's wearing a dress that is the real concern.

After we had "the talk," my wife gave me permission to wear her things any time I wish. She also has the run of my closet. We do occasionally wear each other's things but usually we stick to items that we selected for ourselves. So, one possible solution to your immediate issue is to take your boyfriend shopping.

Going beyond this, you seem to want a dominant partner while your boyfriend is more submissive. You have trust issues and your boyfriend has trustworthiness issues. You aren't happy with his sexual performance. This does not sound like a very good match. If you haven't yet invested much in the relationship it might be better for both of you to move on before it causes both of you more pain.

Sorry if this feels harsh, but the fact is that a lot of people say that they love their SOs, and over half of marriages end in divorce. Don't make the mistake of being in love with being in love.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi, Otter, welcome to the forum. I hope you can find some peace here.

Regarding the line of 'it brings you closer to him' - my mom has passed, but when I put on a really classy outfit, and nice heels, somehow I feel very close to my mom. It's not the same, I know, but maybe it does help him.

But he needs to know - when we get around to writing the CD Rulebook, one of the rules on the first page will be "Don't wear her stuff without her permission!!!"

I hope you can relearn to trust him again. Take some small risks with him - risks you can afford to lose - and if he does the right things, it might help you feel safe taking some bigger risks.

I don't know how this fits in, but I'll bet he would be thrilled if you said you wanted to go shopping with him - although sometimes that scares us CDs, too...

Good luck!

Deedee

Banned Read only
    ... I am left wondering what else I dont know...the first thing he said when I saw him in my dress was a lie about it bringing me close to him......how many other lies can he tell?
    Otter, I think you are actually handling it well. Rather than head for the hills, you came here. That's pretty good. Of course, the cross dresser to female ratio is heavily slanted in the CD favor, you will get a variety of inputs. I think your reaction that I quoted is exactly what many women feel. He really blew it by making up a story. Maybe he thinks he's fast on his feet. Embarrassment can cause stupidity. At this point, all you can do is have a sit down and talk if you are up for it. You owe him nothing but one conversation can't hurt.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 07-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Run, quickly. I see no basis upon which to build a loving relationship. You have a vision of what makes a strong, supportive, mutual relationship and "this ain't it".

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Otter. i am so sorry you had to be introduced to us like this, but it is what it is. I hope you will continue to educate yourself about crossdressing, and what it is and isn't. Dear, you need to take all the time you need to pull your thoughts together on this. Please don't cut him off from you during this period, as he is definitely feeling very bad about this, I would hope. He does need to learn how to express himself, and probably begin to come to terms with himself and begin to accept it. Wearing your clothes does not bring you two closer. A mutual understanding and acceptance of who/what he is, and your willingness to accept his activities is what will bring you two closer.

But, not everyone can get closer with this, and you should not feel guilty if you just cannot accept this behavior. It likely will not go away. You need not accept his wearing of your clothes though, put your foot down on that. But if you are willing, you might inquire if he needs a new outfit.

You are a strong person and he has used up all his trust, or equity, in your relationship. It is up to him to begin to restore this, not yours. He needs to be a responsible partner now. Some can never quite get there. I wish you two the best.

Please hang around and get your posts up and join FAB. The GG here a wonderful diverse group who will help immensely with discussion.

Oh, and by the way Lori, Otter was most definitely talking about my picture.......lol

Babara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

GG/SO of a CD
    Welcome dear!

Maybe some feminine perspective will help you. I too had a couple similar reactions and situations to this. First and foremost, get 10 posts on the forum. Then you can message people in private and we can talk in more detail. Some of the graphic sex stuff is not allowed within the forum, so I feel like sex might not be adequately reached for you outside of forums as much.

I am still in the storm of dealing with this. There is a post written by a GG (genetic girl) who used to post here often and I feel that this describes how it feels pretty well. Mind you. You are in the denial/anger phase it sound like.

Wearing your clothes is NOT okay. But CDing for them starts young most of the time. Most CDers have a story of stealing, sisters, aunts or mothers clothes/shoes/panties as a little kid. They started this by "borrowing" clothes, and they do it because the level of acceptance of them having their own is "taboo". Its uncomfortable and you want to know EVERYTHING they have worn and for what purpose. My advice, now that you know is to drop it. Establish that borrowing your clothes from here on out is unacceptable. Maybe you go but some together, or he buys something alone. But he needs his own stuff. Your knee jerk reaction to him stealing your clothes, might change in the future, but not for now. But Remember, knowing more about what clothing items he masturbated in will not give you peace. It might just freak you out so much more. First thing I did was take Luca shopping and buy some panties on his own.

His first response was also, something along the lines of.... Well they were yours and I wanted to be closer to you. We have discussed this a thousand times. He feels bad for lying, but it was what immediately came out. I called him on that in the moment and then we had a good discussion about panties and what they meant to him. When they hide something for this long, its hard to be forthright when asked a direct question. In his mind he is in panic mode and saying whatever he thinks will hurt you the least/ also not divulge his secret he has hidden for years.

I too am a very strong woman. I am a go getter and an independent woman. I am well educated, well spoken and bullheaded at times. I too find masculine men very attractive and want a dominant man. I spend my whole day being the one in control. When I get home I like for that to stop. This was not exactly the case with my SO either. He has always been more feminine, always more soft-spoken.

Its hard but this kind of thing is a lot easier to figure out TOGETHER. Addressing what your needs are before moving on is important. You both need to be able to meet each others needs physically and emotionally without completely compromising parts of yourself. I think this might be hard to figure out apart. But if you have that opportunity, I think that you cannot be 100% into any relationship until you are 100% content on how you feel about yourself. This alone time can help you establish what your limits are, what you expect out of a relationship and how to move on from this. But if you intend on staying a couple, you will never know what your boundaries and limits really are until you come home from work and he is sitting there dressed up. He is happy as a clam, but without proper communication before this moment you could come in and have the same reaction.

Good luck. This forum is very helpful. It has helped me wonders and I stick around for good conversation, making good friends, and to help other girls who are in the same spots I am in or have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by jayme357 View Post
    Run, quickly. I see no basis upon which to build a loving relationship. You have a vision of what makes a strong, supportive, mutual relationship and "this ain't it".
    QFT.

Although I do agree with these other posters that you should get your 10 posts and talk to the GGs, PM people, etc. But if this is your first time encountering the world of crossdressers, there's a few things you ought to be absolutely certain you're aware of:

* It's not always a sexual thing. He may have never masturbated in your clothes, don't let the stereotypes scare you into believing that.

* It's not always a submissive thing. I'd use myself as an example. I can get downright dominant when I'm dressed up. I'm already somewhat headstrong and independent when not dressed up, and it only gets worse when I dress. To me, feeling feminine isn't about submitting or being subservient. I don't think those are inherently female traits (in fact, it took me years of fighting the sexism I was raised with before I could finally see the feminine part of me and not feel repulsed by it purely on the basis that I can't be submissive and/or subservient)

* You're obviously aware that being a crossdresser doesn't mean a person is gay. For me, it's quite the opposite. I'm a tad bi when in boy mode, but once I get dressed up, I only want to be with a woman, and my wife really appreciates that.

* The stereotypes that are there are true for a small portion of the CD population. Just look at craigslist personals to see that. The world of crossdressers is vast and diverse and you will find things present that will boggle you, tickle you, and make you proud to be a woman, but only if you keep your mind open.

* It's entirely possible that the reason the more submissive dynamic is in your relationship is because he's been suppressing and hiding the crossdressing. When it comes out into the open and he has room to explore his feminine side, your relationship will change, and there is a chance it will move in the direction you want it to go.

As far as your relationship is concerned, do keep in mind that society in general is downright emotionally abusive to crossdressers, so he will respond like a victim until he learns to become a survivor and fight back. I'm thinking maybe it would be good for both of you to read up on abuse in general, and emotional abuse in particular. You've both suffered it, based on your post, and whatever happens next in your relationship, you will both be better prepared to deal with it and your lives (should you split up) if you take some time now to learn about it. A therapist wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Anyway, there will be more lies, more than likely, and it will be because he is defensive and feels somewhat trapped in a corner. These lies are relatively easy to forgive when you understand that you are also somewhat responsible (whether unintentional or not) for him being in this situation. Since you described him as homophobic, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he really hates that he's a crossdresser and has serious issues over it.

For you, you are in the 5 stages of grief because the person he was no longer exists and you do have to grieve it somewhat. Lorileah already described those stages to you, but you're welcome to do more research.

Welcome otter

But I have severe trust issues due to having a fairly chaotic childhood and being around male predators
    I can't guarantee that your SO is not a predator, but it is EXTREMELY unlikely given the dynamics of cross-dressing and gender.

and I am left wondering what else I dont know...
    ...ask him! You'll need to have this conversation sooner than later.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Otter,
    I would agree with much that has already been said. His lie is most likely not meant to be a lie. He probably feels guilty about wanting to wear feminine things and when you caught him he was probably in a panic. That extreme emotion tends to shut down the thinking brain. He said the first thing that came to mind hoping it would be something that you would forgive him for. It's kind of like catching a child doing something they shouldn't be. The responses can be pretty cheesy. As a child, were you never caught doing something out of bounds? Maybe you can remember that feeling and the urge to tell a tall tale can be overwhelming rather than owning up to the truth.
    I rarely post anymore but I felt compelled to answer yours. What concerns me more and I think you as well is his "psychological impotence" as you put it. It is obvious to me that he is strongly attracted to you. Reading between the lines I suspect there is some abuse in his past that scarred him deeply. He may not be able to remember that because those are the types of things that get so deeply repressed that the memories are hidden so completely he is not able to recall them. Or, it may be he is just too ashamed of those things in his past to have told you.
    Communication is the key to the direction of your futures. I understand you wanting to isolate and insulate yourself, but that is not going to resolve anything. I urge you to have a come to Jesus meeting with him. If you can't talk you may as well throw in the towel now.

I am also a cd but I hope you don't feel I am any less sincere or more biased.

I wish you well dear one!

Annette

Silver Member
    Otter - Sorry to read your post. Seems like there are a lot of red flags for you. In addition to an honesty issue, you identified these mannerisms and behaviors that you don't like:
    -he is very clingy, emotional and very feminine
    - he has feminine mannerisms that others make fun of
    - he displays psychological impotence
    - he has sexual issues
    - he forces you to be a mother figure
    - he makes you feel unattractive

Those are pretty heavy - beyond crossdressing. You say you really love him. I think you have to ask yourself if you really do and if you are really in a healthy relationship. It is good that you are taking some time to evaluate your discovery and your relationship. Get some help, talk to a therapist. Do what is best for you as well as for him. Good luck.

Hi Otter,
    I think you have already gotten a lot of good advice. But the best in all this is for you to talk with him Be honest, open, share feelings, and encourage him to do the same. I expect (and hope) he loves you as much as you love him. He may have kept this from you because he felt some embarrassment. My best wishes, good luck and please keep us posted.
    Stephanie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome Otter I think you made a wise move coming here for support and information.
    Get ten posts in and join the female at birth section (FAB) those ladies can help you out.
    Again most CD's are heterosexual and being a CD does not mean they are sexual predators or perverts.What you read other places online I can see why people think that but it isn't true.
    We are normal everyday people just like you.

Amazing Member
    In addition he suffers from psychological impotence, something I knew about from very early on in our relationship, so I have tried to be extremely supportive and accepting about...even though at times I feel like he is more attracted to me as a comfort object than a real person-I already felt a bit like I was mother figure or stuffed cuddle bear or blanket he clings to for comfort. My apologies for the graphicness, but often he maintains an erection while rubbing up against me, but loses it when he penetrates me...leaving me feel as though I am unattractive.
    This could mean a lot of things, or nothing in particular, but combined with a lot of the other things, I doubt that his being a CD is a stable state, but instead it may just be a stage on the way to being transsexual, eventually leading to living as a woman, more and more, and then sex change surgery. That of course is only my guess. If you ask him, he may not be capable of giving you the real answer, since he may be unaware he is heading all the way, if he is.

Hugs, from a transsexual who started as a CD and with role reversal fantasies.
    Sincerely, Beth
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 07-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Gold Member
    Welcome Otter;
    All the great advice here i am afraid might not be seen.
    By now she would have at least one commit.
    I hope she returns, It would do her well to read what some
    have posted here.
    Rader

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Otter - Sorry to read your post. Seems like there are a lot of red flags for you. In addition to an honesty issue, you identified these mannerisms and behaviors that you don't like:
    -he is very clingy, emotional and very feminine
    - he has feminine mannerisms that others make fun of
    - he displays psychological impotence
    - he has sexual issues
    - he forces you to be a mother figure
    - he makes you feel unattractive

Those are pretty heavy - beyond crossdressing. You say you really love him. I think you have to ask yourself if you really do and if you are really in a healthy relationship...
    EXACTLY what I was thinking after I read the OP a couple times through.

Otter, you mentioned that you love him but there's nothing at all in your post regarding any qualities he possesses that lead to your feeling that way toward him. Upon reading your OP, he seems to be completely the opposite of what you say you want in a man.

Greenie's post is chock full of good advise for wading in and starting to repair some of what you feel is not right in your relationship, but one has to ask right from the start: Is he who you want in terms of a life partner?

If it were me in your situation, I'd likely try and answer that question first, before worrying about any of the crossdressing-related stuff that you wrote about.

Banned Read only
    Nope, and they never will until you change your state of mind. But, since you are dominant as you say, then this will be very difficult for you. I suspect that this man is a boyfriend. Imagine, if he was your husband, then what? I understand some folks have had trauma's in their past and sometimes things cause us too become fluid more so to one essence than another, just like in your case. You accept it in your case but, decline it in his case. Double Standards? This may not be a relationship for you if you are struggling w/ it already. Based on your story, you may be better off alone instead of bringing more emotional nightmares upon yourself w/ this of your boyfriend. Clear your head and take time to think about this before moving forward. I wish you the Best.

Welcome to the forum, Otter.

I came back home unannounced and he was in my dress. I dont have anything against folks who choose to crossdress-I think many of the pictures here are actually quite adorable and sweet even...
    The TaDa method is not the ideal method of disclosure. I'm sorry it happened to you.

...But I have severe trust issues due to having a fairly chaotic childhood and being around male predators and I am left wondering what else I dont know...the first thing he said when I saw him in my dress was a lie about it bringing me close to him......how many other lies can he tell?
    I have PTSD from a lifetime of bullying and have some trust issues as a result. Dressing is an escape for me. My psychiatrist tells me trust is a big issue for people with abuse in their history, especially in childhood.

I respectfully disagree with your statement in bold being a lie. This is what I would tell a GF if she decorated my face or nails, or asked me to wear some ladies' clothing. I saw a piece in a magazine marketed to women about a husband packing his dressing gown when she went on a business trip so she could wrap him around herself. I found this touching; please allow us the same pleasure.

You can ignore this if you want, but I get the feeling you're still quite affected by your childhood. It doesn't have to be this way, even if it is troubled as yours was. His psychological impotence often indicates an underlying mental health issue. I'm wondering if both of you would benefit from some individual and joint counselling with a licensed mental health professional(s). Your family doctor is an excellent person to obtain a referral from. This will not be easy for you. I've been through it and it is difficult but worthwhile.

You are handling this better than a lot of people. There are quite a few ladies that would just head for the hills and not bother to investigate. By coming here and asking questions and investigating as you see fit, you have shown a lot more strength than you give yourself credit for. Your husband will thank you for this. There are a few idiots among us, but most of us would give anything for a tolerant or accepting spouse.

Some couples incorporate crossdressing into their relationship. In others, the lady doesn't want to see it or know about it. We call this Don't Ask, Don't Tell. In still others, the relationship fails with crossdressing used as a convenient scapegoat, but in reality, there are usually other underlying issues at play. I'm afraid your relationship is not an exception from this rule of thumb.

To put it bluntly, breaking down the societal conditioning, stereotypes and stigma associated with male-to-female crossdressing is a large part of acceptance. Crossdressing, in and of itself, is extremely harmless. It's how it's dealt with that causes conflicts.

You don't have to accept the crossdressing. It is not for everyone. Greenie posted the Now I Like It Now I Don't thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...It-Now-I-Don-t) which may help you deal with this.

And lastly, get yourself qualified for admission to the genetic ladies' forum. I'm told there is plenty of support there both from accepting and non-accepting ladies. It would also help if your husband opened an account here. We'll make it very plain wearing your clothes without your permission is verboten.
    Last edited by giuseppina; 07-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    ...I respectfully disagree with your statement in bold being a lie. This is what I would tell a GF if she decorated my face or nails, or asked me to wear some ladies' clothing. I saw a piece in a magazine marketed to women about a husband packing his dressing gown when she went on a business trip so she could wrap him around herself. I found this touching; please allow us the same pleasure....
    WTF? The woman walked in on her man in a dress! That's not bonding. It's being busted and he lied, without question. This woman is not ask him to wear it. By the way, was that magazine from the 1800's? A dressing gown? Really? No, men do not do that. Come on.

Jenniferathome: When my then-fiance (now wife) had a period of physical separation, she nabbed one of my dirty t-shirts and put it on a pillow so she could cuddle with something that smelled like me.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-04-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Reference to deleted post removed

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    No, men do not do that. Come on.
    Jennifer, if a woman wears a shirt just to smell the cologne of her man, then why would it be different for a man to wear a piece of clothing to remind him of his woman? I would if I were away as I am now, Though her perfumes give me allergies sometimes.