Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big brother really is watching me!

Big brother really is watching me!

I bought and paid for a connector for my MP4 player today and glanced at the email I got from PayPal confirming my payment.

But in the corner of the page there was ‘win hundreds of prizes’ box and pictures of some of the prizes. The main one? a lovely pair of heels to die for.

Big brother knows Suzy!

LMAO Suzy.
    Makes you think hey...
    Well, if you are on this site, then MANYYYY people know of you and what you do, lol

Balderdash Lexi, they are just collecting your metadata - nothing going on here folks, move along.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Correct Suzy, but it's actually big brother on the West Side of the Pond that's watching you, and me for that matter, so I guess it's time clear my cookies and delete my "history!"
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Banned Read only
    Everyone these days is watching the key strokes. I use a "gmail" account for receiving messages from forum members. This snooping machine reads them. I know it for sure. I received an email from a former marine on this site. The snooper ferreted out the word 'marine' and I received several ads for marine K-Bar knives. After strolling through the Roaman's site I received customized messages from them showing beautiful lingerie on the ad board on a children's game site.

Frankly, I'm too old to give a damn. I just make sure my cookies and history are deleted when I sign off.

They know who we all are my friend but don't consider us a threat, otherwise we wouldn't be here.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    They know who we all are my friend but don't consider us a threat, otherwise we wouldn't be here.
    Suzy doesn’t consider it a threat, she enjoys the attention.

Platinum Member
    by now, I am sure that google and eBay and Amazon have thoroughly documented your interests and mine. It's too late to put that cat back in the bag, so might as well enjoy it!

I here you! All the advertisements on my computer seem to be tied to my recent veiws or purchases. It's just data collection to better aim the ads to the right people. I must realy have them wondering since mine go from auto parts to shoes and sundresses.

Yup, all those those ads on the side of many web sites that show the dresses, shoes and skirts I was just looking at.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm watching you too Suzy! Ever look closely at that tiny black spot on your ceiling? It's probably just a spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    I'm watching you too Suzy! Ever look closely at that tiny black spot on your ceiling? It's probably just a spider.
    I wish you wouldn’t say that Lynn, I won’t sleep a wink tonight now.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Always love to tease you a little Suzy.

So, everyone thinking they are still in the closet... Think again... muhahahaha
    You might as well come out to your friends and family now. .

I am sure I sent you a warning a long time ago about exposing yourself like that.
    Silly Suzy...
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We just thought it was our little secret. I just hope all who are snooping are enjoying the ride as much as I am!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Life in the digital age. Every time I do some online shopping or window shopping the ads on my screen change to match my recent interest. It doesn't stop on the PC. Those super market cards result in targeted ads and coupons in my mail.

I use yahoo. If you look around you'll see a little thing called ad choices. Click on that and dink around for a while and you'll find you demographics profile. Me, I'm:

Age Range: 56 - 65

Like I care
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    by now, I am sure that google and eBay and Amazon have thoroughly documented your interests and mine. It's too late to put that cat back in the bag, so might as well enjoy it!
    I knew it!! That must be the reason I constantly have women's clothing adds and special pop ups all over my computer whenever I'm on line. Along with the constant flow of emails sent to my male side's email address for make up specials, buy 12 pairs of pantyhose get the 13th pair free etc. I don't even want to get into the preferences Ebay and Amazon have as soon as I log in. Good thing I got over my being paranoid about someone finding out I'm a cross dresser phase a very long time ago!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Yeah, Amazon looks like a women's clothing/photography/outdoorsman store. I have learned to filter out the little ads served up on websites but I bet I get a lot female clothing related ads in those too.

That's why I prefer to use duckduckgo as my primary search engine. They claim not to keep data, and I don't get ads about my recent searches. I'm still getting the occasional ad about WordPerfect, a site I visited several months ago.

Since my wife also uses the computer some, it wouldn't be any shock to anyone to find that searches have been done on women's clothing and auto parts, building materials, etc. Much of this is related to cookies stored on your computer (you can delete them).

Internet advertising is as close to free as it can get so if they send an ad to a hundres thousand people and get one sale, they are ahead of the game.

Bottom line - don't worry about it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Darn It! Now I can never run for public office. Oh well. Who would ever want to.

Anytime you search on google, yahoo or go to any website you are being watched as to what you are shopping for or just looking at. Here's an example, I had replace an ejector pump in my basement, so I went to Home Depot, Menards and Lowes websites looking at pumps. An hour later those advertisements on the side had rotating pumps. I think the term is called target marketing. I have a friend that does this type of work and I had never noticed until he said something about it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzy, The only way to get away from big brother is find yourself a island in the middle of the ocean.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!