Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i Being too Critical?

I'd suggest that you might want to work on being less insecure, Bree.

Stop and think about what you did, it was quite judgmental, and you would be upset if people reacted like that to you. She/he was a stranger to you, you don't have to interact with them or befriend them, so their manner of dress was really none of your business. Live and let live.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

This is a really entertaining thread.

I reacted the same as Kali, the Goddess of Strangling People. I figured he was trying to be a transvestite from Transylvania. On a related note, I worked with a Physics professor who was from Transylvania, and he told me several times that he appreciated I always immediately referred to him as a vampire. It took me about a year and a half before I realized he was tired of being asked if he was a transvestite.

Now, assuming your original assumption was correct, that he was dressing purely for shock value, why does that matter? There's a punk couple that walks by the shop every now and then, and the man often wears a skirt. I want to run out and talk to them, but they always come by at a time when I can't. I think it's awesome they do that. And I realize that being a punk and dressing like a punk means doing it at some level for shock value, even when there are plenty of other reasons. Nothing wrong with that.

"And if I offended you? Oh I'm sorry, but maybe you need to be offended..." (I'll give a cookie to whoever quotes the next line from memory)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm SO SORRY if I embarrassed u, Sabrina! And, any others that may have seen me walking the block from my car to the T girl friendly club I attended last weekend. Yes, I was wearing lingerie. It was "lingerie nite". But, unknown to me, I was the only one wearing it!

Funny, tho. I am now pretty sure all the girls must have felt like I was tearing down their respectable image. Yet, many T girls I didn't know came over to tell me how much they liked my outfit! (In my avatar pic)

How do u explain that?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    No, you are not too critical. Would your reaction be any different if you saw a woman in the same outfit? Appropriate, is just that. Anyone dressed like a ***** is dressed inappropriately. Now, the added insult is that such attire simply feeds the stereotype that cross dressers are a joke.
    Nope, my reaction would have been the exact same.

Aspiring Member
    Be nice to people even if you dont understand them. I learn the most about myself from people i neither agree with nor understand.

-Donni-

Edited because i misread the OP, My apologies sabrina.
    Last edited by DonniDarkness; 07-07-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Mis read the OP, sorry sabrina

You misunderstand, i did not publicly redicule anyone --- i was in my car with my SO.