Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could turn the clock back....

Banned Read only

If you could turn the clock back....

Do you wish you had never begun dressing? I sometimes do.

I would just answer "Nope", but the forum won't allow such a short post so I had to add a bunch of unecessary words.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

that is a I would if I could but can't so I won't type question myself I have no regrets in my life I am what I am that is the way I was born Hugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

I would always have begun dressing. It's as much a part of me as anything else I do. In any case I mostly don't do regrets anymore. But if there's one regret though it's that I didn't take it seriously enough or dress often enough and that I tried to leave it behind while chasing a silly career choice.

If there's one good thing about getting older, it's that I can now have a more objective look at my younger self. Looking back I can now see most of my ambitions were an illusion and maybe even an attempt to hide my true self which is expressed when I dress up. Better late than never I suppose.

The only thing I would like to change is when I was born - I would sure have loved to have been able to dress, to the nines, when I was young enough to have a chance of looking really good.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Nope, There are certainly some things that I would change, if I could
    turn back time. But not dressing is certainly not on he list.
    I would have told my wife a lot sooner and been dressing the way I like a lot earlier in life.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Heck no! It would have been so boring going to all thoughts women's stores with my mother. I used to love the fantasy of it all. Now I can live it. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I doubt that I would change much unless i didn't have any commitments. Then perhaps I would seriously consider transitioning since I would be younger.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To turn the clock back thinking leads me to two extremes. The first being that I would never have gotten into it. The second is that I would have jumped into the deep end of the pool and as a young person I would have done all I could to go out and pass to the best of my ability. Lets face it, all of the beautiful clothes are designed for the young crowd. In our youth many of us would have had that right kind of beauty for these clothes. As we all age everything turns abit frumpish, or so it seems to many of us.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 09-02-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: grammer check
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Throughout my life, I feel like I have thought about my choices and most always made good decisions. I really don't regret anything I have done. However, I do regret a lot of things that I didn't do. If I could turn the clock back, I would have dressed more, starting going out at an earlier age, and dressed a lot more often!
    Stephanie

No, it's been fun, and I'm glad I didn't miss out. Maybe I missed out on other things, who knows?
    But your question (do you wish you had never begun...) makes me wonder - how many "crossdressers" never crossdressed for various reasons: religious prohibitions (real or perceived), family reactions, or internal conflict (I'm a man and can't do that even though I want to). I have no doubt that there are such men out there. How miserable could they be for not ever giving in to the desire?
    Turning the clock back is another matter. Yes, I would have probably done some things differently but it's a moot point.

I'm happy I started dressing, but think I should of started sooner. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    If I really could turn the clock back with the memory of the future, I would tweak everything. And, I would occasionally crossdress in drab men's clothes.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    No ,it's part of me. It's the part that has caused confusion , anger,being deceitful. But the part that has caused me to grow. To be understanding, emotional,more empathy to others. My only wish if I turned back time, would have been to be more open to my wife.

Heck no! I always wanted to be part of a despised and misunderstood minority. Who could give THAT up?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    No,

But I would love to set the clock back to the week I met a certain special someone, then I would hit the snooze button again and again and again and again and again ....................
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

No, I would still dress,it is a very big part of me and always has been. If I could turn the clock back on my age back to a 20 yr old in 2013 I would do things differently. I would not have stayed a closet dresser because I would have had this forum and the rest of the internet resources to build my confidence to go out. Growing up in the 60's and 70's none of this was around. Now we have this online support group.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why on earth would you want to give up dressing?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-02-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Yes and No. On the yes side, this is a part of me. At 60 today I remember the joy I felt dressing when I was around 12 and it all felt right for me and still does. On the no side it has caused me a lot of pain including extreme guilt, hiding it, and ultimately a nasty divorce with humiliating consequences. I know after a lot of therapy, whispers behind my back, and counseling to find acceptance, I'll never be the same as any ordinary male or female.

Transition has always crossed my mind. I know I still could but the baggage I still carry is overwhelming and I don't think I could handle it. It's hard enough to keep my blood pressure down. I know I'll spend the rest of my life just making the best of it.

Now if I were a 12 year old today, knowing what I know today, I'd be adamant kicking and screaming all the way to get puberty blockers, get through school, and the transition with the hope of leading a normal female life without dealing with the poisonous T in my body and the ravages it takes for those who transition later.

Somehow it wasn't easy to bare my soul with this post but thanks to this community, I feel better having let my feelings out.

Cheryl

EDIT--- Yes, sometimes I wish I didn't. No, this is part of me.
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 09-02-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Opposite of what the OP asked.

I was once in consultation with a psychiatrist for depression and we discussed my earliest memory of cross dressing. I was dressed by my sisters. He told me he thought that was abuse. I disagreed and thought his analysis wrong. I am now completely at ease with my cross dressing. What I regret is not being able to understand all of the implications of my cross dressing and sexual desires at an early age. Given the knowledge that I have today I would have done things quite differently.
    I envy the new generation their access to the internet and all of the information that brings. It is huge, and for many of the more mature cross dressers on this site, it would have had a major influence if it had been available to them. Yes, I know the internet can be a double edged sword, but knowing that you are not alone would have been a wonderful benefit.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    If you could turn the clock back.... Do you wish you had never begun dressing?
    Actually, no. If I could turn the clock back I would have embraced this sooner.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Fortunately for me, there has been few consequences outside of spending some time and money. I am glad I was able to experience it as such. A couple of months ago, I have decided for a variety of reasons that it was time to get out of Dodge and quit dressing. I have been doing this for over 5 years now and if never starting would have made not engaging in the behavior for the rest of my life easier, then yes I do regret that I ever started.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Interesting question that has been asked before and answered in so many different ways. My answer to the direct question is, No. Now that answer is based on my experience dressing from start until now. Since I am one of those very late starters who went from zero to 60 in just a few months, I have never questioned myself as to why I am doing this. In saying questioning myself I mean that I never hesitated to embrace something that gave and still gives me so much enjoyment.

Now, starting late has these advantages; being mature and experienced in life and able to hopefully not belabor or worry over sometimes very complicated issues and scenarios, realizing that the end is one hell of a lot closer than one would like and therefore it is better to make hay while one can still breath and walk, being single and not having the SO reveal and reaction issues to deal with, having the internet, this wonderful site, changing laws and regulations giving so many more minorities, and crossdressing is one of those minorities, more legal protection and helping to further educate the general public that we are humans too, and being fortunate enough to live in a very tolerating, accepting and accommodating place.

So, for me there are some pros and cons in turning back the clock for me. The cons could be serious depending how I could manage dressing younger in life without all the positives that I mentioned above. Would I be frustrated being married and needing to share this with a wife, what about dealing with the kids, no internet, no safe zone to go out and laws to protect me when I did? Would I add to my woes if I had started this younger and then progressed past where I am today to maybe realize that I am closer to or actually am a transsexual with a need to transition with all of its own pros and cons? Would I even be able to embrace who I am at a younger age.

I obviously like the pros of starting younger a lot more. Younger looks, skin and body, less aches and pains, more energy, though my current energy level sometimes even tires out the youngsters, more time to enjoy what I so enjoy now, if transition would be in the future, more chance for the hormones to work and potentially have better results,, and so on.

All that being said and being the practical and pragmatic person that I am, I got what I got and am making the best of it.

Silver Member
    Life is what it is. But If I could turn back the clock in regards to crossdressing: I would have dressed sooner, more frequently, enjoyed it more, not cared as much about what other people think, experimented with different looks more, pierced my ears, grew my hair, had more fun. I would have travelled to more places dressed, met more people dressed, communicated better dressed. I would have tried to live life fuller as a crossdresser.

I wish i had not been born with a mental/emotional illness, and nervous disorder, and maybe had been born with normal maleness. My life has been a life of mental and emotional tortue issues, and crossdressing has made it even more torturous. It is a forbidden pleasure, but like any other, comes with a price, and kicker. I wish i had been born with a mentally and emotionally mature , true father, also.