Thread: Recognized in public!

Recognized in public!

Mimi and were out shopping on Wednesday. We had a successful trip to DSW where I bought a couple of pairs of athletic shoes from the clearance racks and Mimi found some warm fuzzy boots. On the way home we decided to stop off for dinner at a Denny's that was on our way.

As the hostess was leading us to our table we walked by some customers who were just getting up to leave. One of them, an older lady, reached out and grabbed my arm as I passed by, pulling me to a stop. She said "Hi Eryn!"

I looked at her in confusion. I'm horrible in recognizing faces. She said "Don't you remember, we sat across from each other playing Trivia at Prohibition Burger?" Finally it dawned on me that it was a friend of Persephone's who I had met that one time! We exchanged pleasantries and went on our way.

So, I can check another milestone off my list. My femme self has been recognized during a chance encounter in public with a friend who doesn't know my male self!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

That's great Eryn! It had to be so uplifting! I'm just starting to take my female self out regularly - I can only hope for the same results.

Nicole

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wow thats pretty cool Eryn.

You go girl.

Eryn,
    A pleasant encounter.
    You must have a whole garage full of mile stones by now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Making a positive name for ourselves is always encouraging Hon. Good for you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That's kind of cool.

that's great

Platinum Member
    Hi Eryn, That was awesome , That's when you know that you are OUT THERE.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That lady rode with me to our monthly Women's Congregation services today and one of the first things she told me about was how she had run into you at Denny's!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Eryn ... fun encounter. I get "Michelle" from time to time. My fear in looking at your thread was that your male self was recognised when dressed as your femme self. That would be of concern for me. I practice not responding to my male name when femme.

Thank the stars she said Eryn!

If the lady had said your male name, in a split second every hair on your body would have been standing straight up.

Way to go eryn.

YMMV
    That is really cool! Hope you had a great time!
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Pretty awesome!!!

That sounds fun xD Congratulations on the milestone too

That sounds like so much fun to have your female self recognized!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That is way cool BEYOND way cool, Eryn!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Small world; that is absolutely awesome!