Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do we go out in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    To Linda: That thought was crossing my mind as well, if she saw the real me... but I doubt it would make a difference. .. she used to work with dragqueeens / transvestites when she was young "hairdresser" and claim to know a lot of how they are and are treated and made fun of.
    I like my heels, but don't dress ****ty though, im equally happy with flats/sandals or even my 2" heels...
    She knows you dress so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Just be as conservative as possible the first time. If she doesn't have a fit when she sees you the first time, get her into the habit of seeing you dressed. You may be able to change her outlook.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

She has seen me dressed very lightly in public with obvious bcup breasts and light makup, but not to the point of wig and heels yet... whenever im at home, I wear female attire though.
    Its the whole package that I want to express, and im not happy with just wearing panties or so called underdressing only.

My wife and I used to go out quite a bit to the local Gender and Fetish clubs in our area and we always had a blast.

Honestly, it became common place for us to go and as time went on, going out was not such a big deal.

Unfortunately, all of our great night spots are long gone but I also don't feel the need to go out much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    She has seen me dressed very lightly in public with obvious bcup breasts and light makup, but not to the point of wig and heels yet... whenever im at home, I wear female attire though.
    Its the whole package that I want to express, and im not happy with just wearing panties or so called underdressing only.
    I don't think going out in public as half man, half woman is helping your cause. Dress as conservatively as you can (as a female), but with a wig and breasts and padded panties. Wear enough makeup to cover any beard shadow but don't overdo the eye makeup, cover your legs if they are not shaved, and lose the heels. Wear flats.

I think that's your best chance of getting her acceptance or at least tolerance. Once sge gets used to that look, you can ramp it up a bit if you want. Still, keep it looking like a normal woman for the time and place.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Tnx for that advice Linda, I think you are rite with that one.. 50/ 50 is not that great of an idea anymore, I think... I don't think people get the whole picture either, maby they think Im just different...

I go out because I love to be a woman. It is wonderful to hear "can I help you maam" or "you look so nice, I just love your dress'. Being seen, recognized, and treated in a softer manner as a woman is great. Wearing a skirt, top, pumps, with a foundation of girdle, bra, and pantyhose making a swishing sound along with the sound of your heels on the floor is all woman.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    So often, I feel that I should have been born female. To actually go out into the world where everything really takes place, and to do so "as" a female, is an incredible rush to me. And, of course, on some level (sorry for the redundancy there) it feel so right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Watson View Post
    I go out as a girl for the same reasons I'd go out as a guy (e.g. I need to buy something, just for fun, and so on). Further, I have additional motivation: e.g. it takes me ages to get dressed up, and someone better appreciate it!

- Becky
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    Having awakened the Amy-self within my soul, it's only natural that she'd want to go out. There are places to go, things to see, and shopping to be done! Oh, I used to be afraid, and think, "I'll never go out!" But, after a number of excursions out, some of which have been very female-affirming, I'm not afraid anymore. As I once pledged to my sister Anne months ago, Amy has walked the streets, head held high, and, deus volent, will continue to do so.

- Amy
    Marla, Becky and Amy pretty much sum it up for me. It's just feels right when I am in the "female world", and I love interacting with women. And yes, Amy, if (when) they see I'm a guy who looks probably OK as a woman, and they know what is involved, I appreciate it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I've been out several times in the past years. The first couple of ventures I avoided people, I went to a nearly abandoned park and took a few pictures when I determined that there was no one who could see me. My next adventures were semi public; I filled up the gas in my car late one night and another time I walked around downtown in early evening when there were very few people there. Eventually I started walking into the mall and realized that no one was paying any attention to me, from there it progressed to talking to sales people when they asked if they could help. That was the first time I KNOW that someone realized that I wasn't a GG, but by then I was ready to accept that it was going to happen eventually. After that interaction I realized that some people are going to accept you and some probably are not, but at least I can be who I am and be out there happy.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

We want to go out in public for the same reasons that anyone else wants to.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Some go out to flaunt it, some to test the waters to see if they are really passable, and others just want to be accepted for who they are. It's an individual thing as some of us who have a hard time being passable and would like to join the public don't want to be stared at and laughed as and I've seen this happen. Not to me but a few I've seen. My few outtings have been in evenings when things are quiet and do get noticed but nothing outreogeous has become of it. It also is a rush as when you're out as a man your whole life and have all these fem feelings, and then to be out as a woman it's quite exhilerating to be fully dressed hoping to be accepted by the public as a woman. That said being over 6' tall and looking decent when dressed I stlll stand out so have to be descrete as people can be cruel and that's not what I'm looking for. So, there is no law saying we can't dress the way we want to and go out in public so if you are so inclined, do it girls and have a good time.

Why do I go out in public? Have you ever broken a leg or twisted an ankle and been stuck in the house for weeks or even months? Do you remember looking through the windows at the people lucky enough to be outside going about their daily lives? Didn't you YEARN for that simple freedom? In the words of Hannibal Lector... 'What do we covet Clarice? We covet what we see every day'.