Thread: weight change and hrt

weight change and hrt

How would mtf hormones would work on a 24 year old male who weights about 150 pounds

Depends on your exercise level and eating habits. It can make you gain weight. I have been on HRT for a year. I started at 184 and Today I was 182. So for me no real effect.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Hi, stay active, eat well and you will be fine. It becomes easier to gain weight and much more difficult to loose weight once you've gained it after being on hrt for an extended amount of time.
    Good luck to you.

Consider that a female of comparable height and body type needs about 400 to 500 fewer calories per day to maintain body weight, and adjust your lifestyle accordingly. This approach is working for me.
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

I have been on hormones for nearly 5 months and I can't really say that I have gained any weight from them. If anything, I have lost some weight, but that may be due to my limiting my caloric intake at the suggestion of my surgeon. I am having FFS later this year and he suggested loosing some weight prior to the procedures.

I was about 165 when i started hormone treatment over 3 years ago today 144. I watch my intake and workout daily. Things have really shiffed around but i like my curves.

Banned Read only
    Keep in mind, we are all different and what we put into our bodies effects us each differently. That being said, the usual result from taking HRT is weight gain. As mentioned already, stay active, get plenty of exercise, and eat properly and you should not have a problem. To be sure, weight yourself on day one of HRT and keep a record about once a week.

Silver Member
    I was 40yrs old and 150lbs when I started hrt. 1 year later I weighed 185 and have been stuck there since.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by cd23 View Post
    How would mtf hormones would work on a 24 year old male who weights about 150 pounds
    Find another 24 year old male who weighs around 150 lbs and is taking hormones, ask him how it affects him, then forget it, it affects different people in different ways, that is the crap shoot of taking hormones which your body doesn't produce naturally.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Now that I have been on M2F HRT for about 20 months I notice I have much more of a devil of a time to lose weight. I am stuck at 218 lbs even though I walk 2-3 miles each morning while wrestling with a 65 lb. Great Pyrenees puppy (Boy do I get an upper body workout with her tugging on the leash!).

I used to be able to drop easily to 190 lbs. without any problems.

John (Johanna)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I sure hope it goes straight to my butt. I was out girl watching today and reminded myself about my lack of derriere.

You're 24. The odds are good.

I started at 42, and the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Bad tranny, I love that, can I quote you?

I have been on hormone therapy for 2 years and 10 months. I have lost 40 lb in weight.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Bad tranny, I love that, can I quote you?
    ...but of course
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I started HRT at 24 weighing 163 pounds @ 5'6". The day I started hormones was the day I started to diet ( watch what I ate) and exercise in earnest. Working out became like a second job, to the point where some of my friends said I was obcessed. I got to a point where my weight fluctuated between around 130-135. Some seven years later I am holding at around 125 give or take one or two pounds. I am still very active and I still watch my calorie intake.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Silver Member
    I haven't noticed any particular effect on my ability to gain or lose weight. I started losing weight about 9 months before starting HRT. It continued afterward on the same calorie restricted diet.
    Lea