Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing as a substitute

Crossdressing as a substitute

Do any of you feel like crossdressing may be a substitute for intamacy with a female? I feel like mine may be

Platinum Member
    No. It need not be. If you're young and inexperienced with relationships, my advice is always the same - get out and meet people. Go without expectations or imposing pressure on yourself. Once in a while you'll be attracted to someone, there might seem to be a spark and you'll be disappointed. That happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back out there.

Used to be for me, back when I was much younger. These days, it is in some ways a substitute for beer and rum.

Deedee

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Crossdressing is an excellent substitute for an unsatisfactory relationship with a woman, and so many of them are exactly that! I'd much rather be alone and free than live with someone and have to answer to her. Who was it who said "I'm not getting married again, I'm just going to find an ugly woman I don't like and buy her a house"?

Yes, I believe that's part of it for me.

Banned Read only
    No. Not in any way, shape, nor form, at least for me.

Not for me I have a very understanding SO.

I thought this was the case since I was single most of my life. But the crossdressing urges never decreased in any way since i'm together with my girlfriend. So In my case, nope it is not a substitute.

In the past when I was dating someone I would still crossdress, also right now I would prefer single since I am happy/content with the single life, about the only thing is that I think about sometimes is right now I don't have to good of a support system, anything can happen, its like the time when I fell on ice and dislocated my shoulder and that was very hard, I even had a stick shift truck which even made it much more harder, I was driving stick shift with one hand(lol)
    Overall if I ever did meet a partner I would either see myself with a genetic woman or someone else who is into crossdressing.

I know this is going to be very different than most others. My whole life, so it seems, my desire or need, whatever you want to call it, is at it's highest when I'm in a committed relationship and living with a woman. Example: I was in a seven year long relationship with my last love. It ended last November. Since that time I have not dressed completely...And even that is very infrequent. So no, it's not a substitute for a relationship. A good loving relationship seems to fuel the desire to dress. I'm fortunate in that every single woman that has been a part of my life has known, accepted and to various degrees, enjoyed my cross dressing.
    I have never heard of anyone else that is effected the same way I am with the lack of a loving partner.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I thought it might be so for me, in the interval after my first wife left. No longer having female companionship in my life, I thought I might wind up cultivating that side of myself as compensation. Then Sabrina and I fell for each other, and that changed everything. With my opening up to her last October, everything changed again, and I firmly believe it's not only improved my life in general, but improved my development as a woman.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

So apparently at age 7 I wasn't getting any? lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

For me, it's not a substitute, but when my wife and I are going through a "dry spell", I do have the urge to crossdress more and it does relax me.

I'm already in a relationship but on the side, crossdressing is like a sexual and intimate activity. I'm able to satisfy my sex life through crossdressing when I was single and now that I'm in a relationship. I do dress up, enjoy, go out, and have intimacy.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

not for me. I am currently in a very satisfying relationship with a GG and I still dress.

No... for me I realised a while back that this is just who I am.... but I still love women! Just that these days dressing is a substitute for sex LOL! hehe
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Gee, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that wasn't getting any back when I was 6, funny though, when I did start getting plenty, I still wanted to dress as much if not more!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Yes, it's been recently identified as autogenaphylia. Look it up. Some think it's junk science because it overlooks FtM crossdressing, but I personally find it to be absolutely true. I crossdressed first at about 5 years old but when I got into puberty I found that I could be the girl I always wanted to be with. In my late 30's I learned that I was in fact Klinefelter's mosaic and that explained a lot for me since I actually had two different sets of chromosomes in my body, one with an extra (X) female chromosome. I've been in a 10 year relationship with my girlfriend but I've still found the need to be intimate with myself, I know, FUBAR. You are not alone in your desires.

No, and my BF would be somewhat upset if it was!

On the other hand, everybody is different so it is possible in your case.

I think when I was young it may have been. I always used to love to look at my mothers fashion magazines. When I first started to snoop into her lingerie drawer and try things on, I tried to emulate the poses I had seen in the magazines. I think in many ways it made me feel closer and more intimate with women by wearing what they wore. That soon passed and I began to enjoy it for my own sake.

I can't see anything substituting substitute for intimacy with a female. But I do use it as a supplement and enhancement. But everyone of us have our on rational for what we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Not at all, very happily married thanks.

Hannah x

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So apparently at age 7 I wasn't getting any? lol
    Well said Karen.

no not at all, if anything it spices up our marriage..

there is a big difference between gender issues and sexuality. Even if some people combine the two.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant