Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transgender App

Transgender App

Hello everyone, currently I'm interning at a mobile application development company and this time around I have the freedom to create whatever type of app I want. I was thinking of making something geared towards the Transgender community. Please send me some ideas on what you would like to see! I really would like to do something nice for my sisters. It would be extra nice if it could help those outside of this website as well (people who haven't had the benefit of joining this site yet!) PLEASE SEND ME IDEAS!

Just for some more info:

• I am allowed to create a team of 5 out of the department
    • Starting Monday July 15, 2013 we will have until August 2, 2013 (2 weeks) to complete our task
    • I've been chosen to supervise the production of this app so I have creative control over over the project
    App Write Up is due Friday July 12,2013

I'll be checking this thread constantly until then and let everyone know what type of app we'll be creating!

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR THOUGHTS EVERYONE! THANKS!

Hi Allison - how about an app that will let us know, when we're thinking of going to X city, what venues, clubs, restaurants, etc, are known to be TG-friendly (and which are not, so we can avoid supporting them)?

Mmm, yeah, an app to let us know what shops/restaurants etc are TG friendly, and worldwide please!!!!!! It must be easy for anybody to register/rate a new location, and include a 5 star rating...

An option to leave reviews would be nice too, of course Android compatible.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-10-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours

Clothing size converter - both international and M2F and F2M?
    love

Cat

Don't know if it exists already. A database for pictures of the clothes we own. Metadata includes type (top, dress, jewelry, shoes, tights, skirt, etc), main color, and a list of the other clothes already in the database that it goes with. With a display screen, so you can view an outfit. A random selector that stars with nothing more than a request to 'show me an outfit' plus a browser that allows you to select an item to start with (a skirt, for example) and then you say 'show me an outfit that goes with this skirt'. The outfit display would be in order from top to bottom, and you can change each item individually by browsing, or randomly by telling the app 'I like the rest of the outfit, but show me a different pair of shoes'.

Deedee

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    How about a makeover app, I know they exist on the web but it would be cool to have and everyone could use it. I like the others too, just trying to think of something different.
    Good Luck and keep us posted.

How about a face similarity app so we can best compare our faces with those of celebrities or models so that we may emulate the facial looks that best suit us. I have often searched the net but not found anything remotely like that, except makeover sites that do not really achieve this. Obviously it would require a large database of known faces. Just a thought, but it would be awesome !

Im really enjoying these suggestions and believe me you're getting my little gears turning--KEEP EM COMIN!!!

Along with friendly places, perhaps a listing of entertainment at these places? T-girl nights, karaoke, etc.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

How about an app that lets you see others in the area and communicate with them. NOT in a dating scene/format, but in a networking format. Like, i would love to know who else locally in my area is transgendered and what their interests/hobbies are. It would be a great way to socialize and set up events or get togethers. The main thing to focus on though would be a format that didnt allow for it to evolve into a dating site. Like for gettogethers, maybe only allow public locations for meeting places and yoi could incorporate the LGBT friendly stores/restaurants and rate them etc. That way it not only lets you know what places are safe, but also unites the community. Just a thought. It might just cause more people to come out of the closet knowing that they have some easy to find support.

Call it Translocation Network
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 07-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Something that organized my girl-night photos, T-friends, where we hang out (sort of like a private Instagram) would be cool. Many of us don't get to dress up and go out more than a few times per month, so those opportunities to be ourselves and the memories we create are special.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

This app would need a button to take you to your phone book or the like quickly also in case you were using the App at the wrong time and place and someone you don't want to know your business walks up to you.

I would love to see a GOOD app that allows users to input where to find gender-neutral ("family") restrooms in all sorts of places. Ideally, it would even enable diagrams or descriptions for large venues such as airports. There was one called TranSquat but it was so buggy it was useless. These can literally be lifesavers. I'm in that awkward in-between-looking phase and it makes a huge difference for me to be able to find one of those instead of having to decide which gendered room is safer.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post
    This app would need a button to take you to your phone book or the like quickly also in case you were using the App at the wrong time and place and someone you don't want to know your business walks up to you.
    Oh, I'd just hit the "Home" button right quick, Genny.

Allison, is this app going to be iOS, Android, or both? I'm hoping for iOS...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Allison, if you propose an app that has a lot of appeal GGs, rather than just CDs, I think you will be more likely to get approval. After all, your company wants to make money.

Deedee

Allison,

I agree finding trans friendly places in cities you are not familar with would be handy.
    SOunds like a great idea do keep us posted on the process
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

How about one for make up,, for first timers ,, some thing like you can take a pic of your face and it will give ideas on what to start with. How to do eyes, checks, and lips all based on skin, size and shape of your face.
    Some thing like that would be cool for wigs too lol !!! I guess I'm asking to much lol . Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Jan Michell Collins; 07-11-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: forgot to put something in

All most forgot to ad skin color I think that's the most important part .

Allison

I think the suggestions for a TG friendly list would be the best from a marketing view. You would need some sort of crawler to find the list and how to monetize is up to you but there could be two revenue streams - app sales and list inclusion.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    A list of makeover services would be terrific and I agree with the idea of leaving comments! TG friendly cruises/tours would be great too. Thanks!

I love Deedee's outfit selector. A database and photos of your wardrobe and suggestions for what goes with what, (and what hairdo or color). Also it should include an age (tenny bopper to dowager--accept or choose one for today). And select venue--rock concert? Opera? Shopping? Wedding? And automatic weather of course. Hot? Cool? Rain? Snow? Too windy for long hair? Terrain for shoes--no heels on grass or gravel. You would need a personal score as to hell-walking ability--I mean heel-walking ability, (and perhaps a high heel stamina score--2 hours, 6 hours?)

And be sure to include a "funkiness factor" The number or art studios, galleries and museums divided by the miles from the phones location.

And...include the "swish factor"...the number of gay bars listed in the phone book divided by the square root of the time required to arrive at said bars from the phone's current location.

And the ap should include a conservative/liberal factor. Say San Francisco would have a much higher score than San Diego. New York higher than Birmingham.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 07-11-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add

Silver Member
    There is already a mobile-friendly version of safe2pee.org for finding safe restrooms. They actually had an app in beta if I remember right, but it was never finished.
    http://safe2pee.org/new/mobile/

Actually, an app that would allow users to download their database and view it locally (in case their site goes down, or one is in an area without cell coverage or whatever) would be handy.

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Some social networking capability - if you follow a friends facebook, or tumblr page, for instance - just notifications, etc.
    I would suggest a settings option to have a different name and icon badge for the app - so you can carry your phone around, and the app appears to be something different, and has a sign in screen. No chance of getting caught.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

Miki's idea is wonderful. Suppose you chose a skirt and a pair of cute shoes. And then specified an event and the app discovered the weather and funky or conservative style trends of the zip code you are in. Say a wedding in Austin...the app would choose big hair, an artsy sense of style and no pantyhose, (too hot).
    And...THEN...Kohl's would suggest a top to go with the skirt plus some accessories such as earrings, purse, red nails, bangles and necklace. And...naturally...quote the price and show the location of the nearest Kohl's store to have the top and so forth in your size. They would pay a revenue stream for the privilege, of course. Perfect for women, too.