Thread: Online Gaming Community

Online Gaming Community

Sorry if this is in the wrong place please move if it is.

I belong to a relatively new online gaming community. we operate in Wow and Neverwinter currently. They know I am transgender and don't care. I have spoken with them and and offering any of you the opportunity to join us and be yourself online with no worries about being judged, or harassed. If you are interested pls send me a private message for more info and details.

Aspiring Member
    Do they have a group for FFXIV: ARR?

-Donni-

Maybe I'm inexperienced with online gaming, but if it's online, can't you just tick the [x] FEMALE box to be female? Or is your character also transgendered?

I used to play Cantr II. At the time it was an online text-based role-playing game (and I presume it still is). There are no goals in this game, no way to "win"; the aim is to play your character consistently. I played a seamstress called Charlotte, who was very friendly and charitable. She made clothes for the entire town. She got married and had a lovely husband, but there was trouble when she discovered she couldn't have children.

- Becky
    "It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. " - Bon Jovi

If you are referring to the MMRPG community that is something that has been going on now for over a decade. People taking on avatars other than their "real" gender and playing as that character. It is common and it has little to do with what we do here. AS a CD it is nice to be free to have such an avatar without any sort of bias. And of course some people take on avatars of various sorts of aliens and monsters too. Its all part of the game play. So having a cross gender character is just not something that is a big deal. No I do not play such games but my son does.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

It may not be a problem for a casual gamer but when you get into the endgame aspects that ofter require voice chat of some kind you cant hide. Mostly I am referring to playing with a group of people who know who you are and dont care...where you can be yourself, talk about something girly and not get mocked, let your hair down. Not trying to bamboozle anyone or do anything underhanded...I found a great group of people and wanted to share.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    You mean this isn't a game already? Sure seems like pure fantasy to me!

Um, did they have to know you're a CD? You don't have to pass at all even when you're using teamspeak. It's an RPG. Do you likewise have to pass as a level 78 Dwarf Cleric, or do they let you slide on that one?

Personally, I'm one of the Evil Triumvirs over at Armagetron Advanced, and we have one player who is out and TG, and me, of course. But on the game grid, everybody's a light cycle, and nobody ever questions whether or not there might be a person in a room actually wearing a light cycle costume.

I play WoW and Secondlife. I've played WoW for years and have multiple characters in a few realms.

Just forget I posted this I seem to have offended people by offering a place where a TG could be accepted as a TG and not have to pretend to be playing a female toon in guild because "who wants to look at a man's ass all day" Mods please do me a favor and lock this thread.

I think the concept is good if nothing else for the ability to talk to others of the same mentality. Gameplay wise, there isnt a whole lot different than regular play. I played wow for 7 years before i quit. I still have my horde toons on gilneas server. I have 9 level 85s all deathwing geared. I havent played since the latest xpac though. If i had more freedom to just simply talk the way i wanted around the family, id totally join your group. If nothing else, just to get on TS/vent to talk. Sadly though, i cant