Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, later today, first steps into the world!

So, later today, first steps into the world!

I'm nervous already! Going to a support group this evening for the first time, not quite sure what to expect! Been emailing one of the organisers though who seems nice and answered all my questions. There's somewhere to get changed so don't have to worry about leaving the house in girl mode. There's a 'no admirers' policy too which I think is a good thing.

Actually went and bought a new outfit too, as the dress code is casual so thought my usual look of a pencil dress and heels might be a bit much. Got a nice skater dress in a sale. Score!

I've never met any other CDs in the flesh before though, hopefully I'll make some new friends. What was it like the first time you met others?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Relax, they're all pretty much just like you. With a few twists I must admit. Most support groups no longer practice cannibalism so you should be fine. Have a good time girl.

Good luck Khaleesi. But I know from your amazing photos that you'll be just fine. Roughly whereabouts in the UK are you?

I'm in the East Midlands. Yourself?

I'm glad cannibalism is no longer on the menu, as there's not too much meat on me!

That sounds like a lot of fun, have a great time and tell us how the evening turned out!
    Stephanie

Platinum Member
    Hi Khaleesi, Relax you will be among like minded friends.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    ?.....Most support groups no longer practice cannibalism so you should be fine. Have a good time girl.
    Uh.....umm..yeah, that's right, no cannibalism.

Getting out into the real world (in a safe place) was one of the most liberating experiences. I hope you find the companionship and the answers you seek from this group. Have a great time outside!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Hey Khaleesi be sure to report back... cannibalism or not! East Mids? I am up in North Yorks, but have some friends in the Nottingham area... not CD though! And if things get tough, call on your dragons!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I hope you're able to relax and have fun Khaleesi! That first night out while meeting others is an experience you'll never forget. It's amazing how much sharing one interest can lead to some great friendships.

-Bree

Good for you, I hope you have a great time. It's good to reach out and be in touch with the community. Let us know how it goes.

Nerves kicking in though! I've got too many friends to report back to on how it went to back out now though.
    Just about to tidy my makeup bag and get my stuff together. Is it bad I'm thinking of taking a backup outfit?

At the meetings I used to go to, there was always a get together snack after the meeting.Everyone was invited to bring something to munch on. Man, those gals could eat, that's for sure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aaah! I'll see if there is snackage, I'll get into 50s housewife mode and bake a cake next time!

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! You'll have about ten minutes of it and then feel complete. Some girls can be a bit over the top.

Erin
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-- Albert Einstein

I was nervous and excited! I am sure that you will find all kinds of girls there, like in any group. Just act "lady-like" and you
    will be fine.

Enjoy!
    Hugs, Carole

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Khaleesi,

Just take a deep breath and relax. You have already had several of your questions answered so there are no surprises. Everything is basically laid out for you: 1. Having a place to get dressed. 2. Being that it is a support group meeting of other CDs no one is going to judge you. 3. Plus having the no admirers policy insures that it is private. So what is there to do? Just have a wonderful time!

The first time I ever met other CDs was in a public place. I had to get dressed before going and then drive to the location. You can imagine thinking that everyone is looking at just you. Luckily everything went well and we were just a bunch of girls having a good time out in public. It is natural to be a little nervous with something you haven't done before. Take it one step at a time. You will be fine!

Just join in and I am sure you will have fun and make new friends

Hugs,
    Michelle

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I was nervous my first time but you will be fine.Made some great friends there too.

Just got back!
    I enjoyed it, though doing my makeup in the disabled toilet using the baby changing station as a shelf was a weird start. Walking into a room dressed as Isabella for the first time was an interesting experience, but got some nice compliments so I soon settled down.
    Everyone was nice, interesting to see the range of people there and their reasons for dressing as well. Looking forward to going back!

I love seeing another cd'er getting her wings!...I hope you enjoy!

We all have to fly out of the nest sometime.
    Good luck for the future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Way to go!
    Glad it was a positive first step..
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Best wishes sweetie, I will be cheering you on.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Actually took my first steps into the world alone last night, had a quick walk round the block in the evening! Didn't see anyone, but was still fun just to be out in the open air!

Also walking in a pencil skirt was much harder than it is outside the house!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Isabella,

Glad to hear it went well for you. I've got to miss my group meet tonight, family BBQ and all that today.
    It's a great feeling isn't it just getting out and about dressed pretty?

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk