Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Wonderful E#xperience at the Optician

A Wonderful E#xperience at the Optician

I had an appointment at my eye doctor today, it was almost a year ago that I last had an eye exam. My June, 2012 went well, but I was told that I had slowly devoloping cataracts and likely in a years time I would need surgery. Well after todays exam that slowly devoloping are STILL slowly developing I will NOT need surgery in the near future. But was almost a good news was my reception by the all female, 4 in numbers staff. I was warmly greeted and praised for my choice of female eyewear and that my prestentation as a woman was "very good indeed" as one of the ladies said. Almost 5 hours after my fitting was finished I retuned home and the first thing that I did was check my e-mails & LOW & BEHOLD, what do I find ? It was an e-mail from the lady doc in charge the in which she again praised "my bold fashion statement". This e-mail thrilled me no end, A GREAT DAY for an OLD(er) lady.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 07-12-2013 at 01:25 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

It sounds like good news all around there Arlene.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Good for you you, Arlene! Glad your exam went well and that the girls loved your accessories/outfit. You are an inspiration to the rest of us "mature...err older" girls....

Marleena & donna,
    Thank you for your kind words. I wish that I was an inspiration, but I just live "day to day." When I pick up my new pair of frames I would love to wear shorts, I adore to show off my gams.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 07-11-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Hello Sweetie

First of all, I am so happy for you in that your eyesight is still in good order. Then, the interaction w/ the young ladies at the office(you're a slick one) and then on top of that, one of the cuties emails you........Hmmm. Maybe interested because of your boldness and being secure about yourself? You will be on cloud nine for a while I believe. Enjoy it sweetie, you deserve it.

Victoria,
    I am on cloud 9, when I pick up my new pair of glasses I hope to wear my short shorts. It was a great day. I love being "ArleneRaquel."

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Love the new glasses. They are sooooo cool...Ellie

Ellie darlin, You are amazing. Hugs & Kisses

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I have an appointment with the eye doctor in a few weeks, but to arrange for surgery on one of my eyes... the cataracts have developed to the point that I'm almost blind in that eye. I have slight cataracts developing in my other eye, but for now it's still in pretty good shape. So, actually I am really excited about my surgery...and the prospect of seeing clearly again. And although I do have glasses now, I've held off getting some new, feminine frames until I know what kind of (if any) glasses I'll need after the surgery. But, I did go out yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of incredible retro women's sun glasses. A way of treating myself in celebration of my upcoming surgery.

Sandieland,
    Best wishes for your upcoming surgery, you will be in my prayers & thoughts.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Arlene,
    Love being who you are and look after those eyes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverly,
    Thanks with hugs darlin.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Good results from the check up and glowing fashion reviews too! Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

Sandieland
    My Mums just had her right eye done and she says its is amazing. Im sure you'll be fine and you can ditch the glasses. Hope it all goes well..xxx Ellie

It's great when things go our way. Nobody working in a business that wants your business would ever say anything bad, but they could have just not mentioned it. It's great they complimented you and obviously, it made your day.

As for glasses, well one of these days' I'll get my prescription (bifocals) and send it off to one of the Internet eyeglass companies for some feminine frames. I'm not "out" so I'm not going to select them in person somewhere (glasses are much less expensive on the Internet and for occasional use, they should be fine).

I've tried feminine looking reading glasses, but first, they don't make really feminine ones, and second, needing bifocals, they just don't work very well for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

kim, and linda,
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. I needed to go to an eye doctor to have my cataracts checked, in the year plus since my last eye exam I haven't noticed any change in my vision, but I was told that by this time I would likely need surgery, but that turns out to be so. HURRAY ! I have used Zenni many times with excellent results.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Sandieland View Post
    I have an appointment with the eye doctor in a few weeks, but to arrange for surgery on one of my eyes... the cataracts have developed to the point that I'm almost blind in that eye. I have slight cataracts developing in my other eye, but for now it's still in pretty good shape. So, actually I am really excited about my surgery...and the prospect of seeing clearly again. And although I do have glasses now, I've held off getting some new, feminine frames until I know what kind of (if any) glasses I'll need after the surgery. But, I did go out yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of incredible retro women's sun glasses. A way of treating myself in celebration of my upcoming surgery.
    I have had one eye done and it was great. The other eye is my master eye and needs surgery too. I will be celebrating when the other eye is done! Mine cataracts were caused by my meds.

My wife had accommodating lenses done in both eyes; she went from 20/950 in each eye to 20/25. She no longer wears glasses (after wearing them for 40 years) and constantly teases me about my need for them

I've bought many pairs of feminine frames from http://www.zennioptical.com/; inexpensive even for my progressive lens bifocals. They also have a feature where you can upload a face photo and see what the frames will look like on your face.

That's good news Arlene. Are we gonna see some pics when they arrive?

Gold Member
    Good for you Arlene. Sounded like a wonderfully uplifting experience!! So, when do we see what glasses you chose?????

Miranda, & Alexis
    The glasses should ar5ive in about ten days, in so far as pictures I need an in house guest help me taking the pictures and downloading(?) them to the site. If I get help the pictures will be here as fast as1-2-3.
    Thank darlins-Love & Hugs !

Kali-Zenni is tops, I have manny frames that were purchased from their site.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 07-12-2013 at 03:20 PM.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Great news Arlene about your eyes, and how fun to get new headlights for that classy chassis!

Jamie

Jamie,
    You are a treasure. MUAH !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Sadieland and others needing cataract surgery. I had one eye done a year ago and can say that it only takes about 5 minutes for the dr to do the surgery and it a new lens is implanted and in my case, the new lens made that eye almost 20/20. The only hassle is taking the drops in eye to prevent infection that you have to put in eyes for a few weeks before and after the surgery.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments, both for me and for Arlene. This is what I love about this site... you gals are so cool!