Thread: Rack Room Shoes - Port Charlotte

Rack Room Shoes - Port Charlotte

Well Rack Room Shoes in Port Charlotte has lost me as a potential customer, walked in there yesterday in guy mode looking to buy some shoes. So I went to the Woman's Section and started to browse and an older gentleman (I'm assuming he was the Manager) asked me if he could help me and I told him I was just looking.

Then there was a slight pause and he said "You know those are women's shoes right?"
    I told him yes.. then left a few mins later. All CD/TG issues aside here is a little tip, amusing your customer is too stupid to know what they are doing is an insult. Time to brush up on your customer relations I think.

Now Payless Shoes in the Mall handled it so much better, I was asked by the young woman there if I needed any help... twice during the 20 mins I was there (one time I was actually trying on a shoe ) Granted she may have been a little concerned about my presence in the Woman's Shoe aisle, which is why she kept checking on me... but she didn't let it show.

Hi Kristy
    Don't blame you for not returning to shop there, a bad SA can ruin the mood. I've always found pay less very tg friendly also, too bad they don't carry more shoes in my sz. At least you didn't let one bad SA keep you from going to another store.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Attitudes by SA's puts a big spin on customer satisfaction for me.
    A good interaction and I will buy, buy, buy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty View Post
    Well Rack Room Shoes in Port Charlotte has lost me as a potential customer, walked in there yesterday in guy mode looking to buy some shoes. So I went to the Woman's Section and started to browse and an older gentleman (I'm assuming he was the Manager) asked me if he could help me and I told him I was just looking.

Then there was a slight pause and he said "You know those are women's shoes right?"
    I told him yes.. then left a few mins later. All CD/TG issues aside here is a little tip, amusing your customer is too stupid to know what they are doing is an insult. Time to brush up on your customer relations I think.
    He may have thought you were a pervert or something. I'm sure they get all kinds in there.

I don't shop en femme (yet) but I am upfront when I am in drab and I just tell the SA I am looking for Miki.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I go (in drab) with my Daughter to Payless and if I see shoes I like I will try them on. In fact we went on Monday and my Daughter found a pair of shoes that she liked. I was looking for a new pair of sandals but couldn’t find anything in my size. I did find a pair of flats that I thought might be keepers but after a few minutes walking around in them the one on my left foot started to cut into the top of my big toe. The SA’s are always very friendly and have offered to order a shoe in my size on several occasions. Unfortunately Payless just doesn’t have much of a selection in my size.
    Babs

I've had so many different experiences that I think it is more a matter of the store and clerk than the overall franchise. I was in a Wal-Mart in SW Fl doing a shop for home stuff and decided to pick up a sport bra, some daily undies and an inexpensive nightgown. At checkout, the young clerk smiled and said "you'll love the nightgown and look good in it too!". I grinned and thanked her and she smiled mindly as I left. But I've been stalked as well so I agree - never shop there again!
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Go to a DSW...Much better selection[of much better shoes] and they love us![or has been my experiences!]
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Trust Me they have seen it all 1000s times over ,, I talk to ALL the Ladys at all the shoe stores an they ALL say the same thing ,,,,,,, Plenty of MEN come in an buy Woman's Shoes all the time ,, They Love us an don't care who buys what as long as your buying !! So listen up ,, Go where ever you can find your size ,, The styles are hard to find let alone finding the right size ,,So don't let some FOOL mess you up ,,, Just charge in there an get what you want ,, He will figure it out next time an I would make him go back an forth looking for what I am wanting an then he will steere clear next time .

It may not be all Rack Room's, at least I hope not. Probably just an odd employee.
    I go to payless often, and really have no problems. DSW does have much nicer shoes.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    ...... Unfortunately Payless just doesn’t have much of a selection in my size.
    You may or may not know this but payless has a website where you can see what shoes they have in your size. You can then check to see if a particular style and size is in stock in your local store.

You can have shoes sent to your local store at no charge and when you get there, if you don't like them or they don't fit, you don't have to buy them.

Any store will have its good and bad employees and of course they have no control over other customers. I wouldn't stop shopping at a particular store because of one unpleasant experience unless it was a major one. And of course, if there is a major unpleasant experience you can always take it up with management. I have found that an e-mail to upper management detailing a problem with a retail store usually brings an appology, a promise of action, and often a discount or gift certificate. Most of these places want your business.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Here's a thought. When asked if you knew you were looking at women's shoes, you had answered with a hearty "you bet I do" your confidence would have assured the gentleman that you knew exactly what you were doing. It would have been even better if you had asked him for help finding the perfect high heel pump for yourself. What's the worst that could happen? He may think you're gay, or even worse, a crossdresser! So what? Are you going to ask him out for a date? Our own fear is what makes shopping for women's clothing so difficult and scary!

Payless has been good to me over the years. In fact, when the store manager approached me since I was in the size 12-13 aisle for women. I said . "I am a crossdresser and I am looking for a pair of shoes." She was very nice and let me go about my business. Payless is one of the few stores that has size 12-13. All the rest mentioned do not have those sizes.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

I had a wonderful afternoon shopping today...hit Payless, two Goodwill outlet stores, and a little consignment shop called Fifi's Corner which carries very nice brand name clothing on consignment (Ann Taylor, e.g.). While I picked up some nice stuff, what was so nice was that all of the help and customers were very pleasant as we went through the racks of clothes, lingerie and shoes. I think it is simply a matter of attitude - I walked in wearing a polo shirt, twill pants and a baseball cap and started looking at skirts and particularly slips. Fifi's was wonderful as there were three other older women in the store (and it is a smallish store) and one with her husband. I started looking at skirts and dresses and I took the initiative to ask for assistance with a concern I had about the cut of a particular dress. I told the clerk it was for me and I was concerned that it would need to be let out to fit...she was so nice and I actually tried the garment on (and it would have to be let out to fit right). Meantime, the other ladies were off looking at their own stuff and fellow hardly noticed I was there. All in all a pretty normal experience.
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

I have had good experience at Payless too. I recall going to try on my first pair of stilleto heel boots, and the SA came to help me, and when we found a pair that felt good, she asked if I wanted to wear them out. She put my regular shoes in a bag and I did wear them out of the mall.

Shoe Carnival and DSW ahve been good too.

Maija

I don't really care for the selection at our local Rack Room anyway. The quality of their shoes and those at Payless are comparable, yet Payless is less expensive and they are always running a special of some kind, AND they are TG friendly.

Rack Room Shoes sucks, I've only been there once and they followed me from behind while I was shopping. But it depends on what employees you get at a particular store.

Rack Room Shoes

I've never been to Rack Room Shoes but the Nordstrom Rack stores have a terrific a selection in all sizes and are very accommodating. As previously stated DSW is good too in the cute shoe area.

I've had good experiences at off broadway as well as DSW. Also, believe it or not, Burlington Coat Factory is worth a look. I've also found some really cute dresses there seriously marked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina133 View Post
    I've had good experiences at off broadway as well as DSW. Also, believe it or not, Burlington Coat Factory is worth a look. I've also found some really cute dresses there seriously marked down.
    The Burlington Coat Factories in our area have very little in the shoe department in sizes about 9, but I have bought clothes there. Probably the best deal I found there is the navy blue suede leather skirt I got for $7! It's REAL suede leather with a satin lining and about 18" short. I had to have the zipper replaced a few years ago but it still fits and looks great!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Platinum Member
    Hi Kirsty, I've always been treated great at Payless, One time a couple years ago I got a pair of black Loafers for Mr. drab &
    a pair of stilettos for Orchid the SA girl said this is the first time that I've ever saw you buy men's shoes
    and I said one pair for day and a pair for evening I never did tell her which was which we both had a good laugh.

Sing up for the Payless rewards and get 20% to 30% coupons on line and in the mail yesterday I got a pair of 4"
    sandals on clearance $12.99 -20% + tx $10.52 They were regular $24.99 .
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 07-15-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think it's time that I start thinking up some lines to respond to stupid comments like this, like

Oh really. I thought high heel pumps were for both men and women.

Thanks a lot. I guess that means I need to add two sizes to find my correct size.

Vat! Dis iss truth. 'merica menn don't vere heels. Danka, Danka much.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.