Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch out for those Walmart managers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watch out for those Walmart managers!

Ok, I went to a local Walmart today in drab to shop for a little bit of everything. As I was checking out tops, bras, panties, etc. I noticed a guy in a white shirt and tie standing a few aisles down. He wasn't looking at anything and there were no other shoppers around. He was just standing there. You could see I was actually shopping as I had a basket full of stuff at that point. Well, after about 10 more minutes I knew by then that he was following me...and that he was a manager. I cannot tell you how this made me feel. Like I was being looked at as some kind of pervert. I wanted to confront him but, instead, I quickly left to check out before I had gotten all I wanted. I just wanted out of there! Should I have confronted him? Should I have dumped all my stuff and left? I get looked at from time to time and I really don't care, but this particular time I felt humiliated. Advice girls?

I would have asked if I could help him. Put him on the spot.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Maybe he was one of us ? Maybe he wanted to see what you were buying an get some fashion advice from you an you Slipped out without even saying a word !! How RUDE ,,,lol,,,

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I would have run towards him yelling "We have a CODE BLUE in Housewares!"

Since we've opened that Pandora's Box, google "Fun Things to Do in Wal Mart." Many of them would be perfect responses to your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Same here but I'm gg and I am creeped out by guys following me around so in the open store loud and clear "hey there can I help you ? You seem to be following me!
    Do not judge someone by what they wear . There's a person inside there!

My approach is to just try and ignore anyone like that. They're not worth my time.

Not only should you have confronted him, I think you should file a complaint with corporate. He's supposed to be the one you talk to if you have a problem with an employee. He was out of order following you around like some common criminal, especially if you had done nothing more suspicious than shopping for a pair of panties. I personally have a really low tolerance of shenanigans like that when shopping. If I haven't asked for your help you have no business hovering whilst I shop.
    My love is god; let's go get a slushie . . .

I would have asked him why he was following me or at the very least put in a protest with corporate. You are a customer and are buying. I'm beginning to get a little tired of walmart and I find myself trying to avoid shopping there and deal with the local stores whenever financially possible.

I have to go back to the same store later to return some items that didn't fit. I'm going to shop some more and if this happens again I am definitely going to confront him.

Banned Read only
    When you notice this type of behavior simply walk up to him and before he realizes what is going on, grab him by the balls and squeeze while asking him what his problem is.

Now mind you, this will probally get you banned from walmart for life. It may even result in jail time. But.... you will never have that feeling of being looked at as some kind of pervert ever again at walmart.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    When you notice this type of behavior simply walk up to him and before he realizes what is going on, grab him by the balls and squeeze while asking him what his problem is.
    I seriously doubt you would have done this had you been in op's position.

You really could have played this one to the hilt. After making sure you could identify him you should have beat feet to the customer service counter and asked them to page the manager because you have been made to feel VERY uncomfortable by a STALKER!
    How is anyone to know that you weren't looking for items for the S.O.? No law against shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    You really could have played this one to the hilt. After making sure you could identify him you should have beat feet to the customer service counter and asked them to page the manager because you have been made to feel VERY uncomfortable by a STALKER! ..........
    Yes, this person was stalking you. You have no way of knowing he was a manager unless he was wearing a sign. I would have confronted him and asked him what his problem was.
    Instead of confronting him, you could have called the police.

This sort of behavior is not uncommon but it's usually in the small "Mom and Pop" stores. I had a black male co-worker years ago and he told me that every time he went in a Korean owned store, the owner would follow him around. I gave him the same advice I posted here; confront the person and demand to know why you're being followed.

Several people have posted that the guy was "just doing his job". Well, is his job to harass customers and make them feel uncomfortable? Do stores feel that everyone who enters is a thief or criminal? The've already put radio tags on all the merchendise so you can't leave the store without an alarm sounding (we, the customers pay for this BTW).

For a time, some of the stores had a person stationed at the door and after you stood in line at the register to pay for your purchases, they made you stand in another line while they rooted through your bags and checked everything against your reciept! I was often tempted to not wait in the second line, to just bypass that person and walk out the door, but never did. What could they do, arrest me? They seem to have stopped doing that in my area.

All of this is just another good reason to shop on the Internet and stay away from local businesses.
    Last edited by linda allen; 07-13-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

That happened to me once when I first started going out en femme, i.e. my presentation was not the most refined! We went into Niemen Marcus to go to a small restaurant over looking Union Square in downtown San Francisco. We walked into the store and then began the slow escalator rides from floor to floor to get to the restaurant. While going up, I noticed a man in a suit always one floor below us. I knew he was store security. When we got to the restaurant it was unfortunately closed so we did the reverse trip with the same man tailing us. After a while he disappeared to my relief. If that happened today, I would have asked him where the pantie department was. He was only doing his job, but I would have preferred that he was doing it elsewhere.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been watched in drab in the ladies dept at WalMart by security or a manager maybe who he was for sure I don't know but an employee none the less.
    Had a cart with some auto and grocery items at the time.
    I had selected two tops and had them in my cart and saw him watching me.I asked if there was a problem to which he said no. I asked you should have seen in the grocery section there was an older lady stealing canned goods I guess you missed that watching me.Have a nice day and continued shopping as he walked away.

I think you should just walk up to him and politely ask if there
    Is something you can do to help him. Put the ball in his court. Then
    If he gives you a reason, then go to customer service and file an
    In store complaint and get the contact info to file a complaint with
    Corporate, preferably with the manager standing there. That should
    Cool his attitude.

Similar thing happened to me last year at CVS. I was buying eyeshadow that had the buy one get one half off deal. I noticed a man dressed in black confronting a man who was carrying boxes of goods near the entrance presumbably waiting for the best time to make a run. I don't know for sure. As he was confronted by the man who is either a security or cop who had a badge, I was watching them as the confrontation went on and then the man dropped the items and left. I thought it was over, but it was not.

The security approached me and said he had to talk to me, he told me that I had 3 guys watching me on camera and that I looked suspicious. I was scared and pulled out my CVS car and told him that I am a customer and he said if I needed any help he would get an associate for me and then shook my hand. I was scared, bitter, and angry. I bought my make up and left. I saw him at the cashier but he did not acknowledge me. I called the store number on the receipt to complain about the incident which they seemingly ignore.

If this ever happens again, I will use more words in the store and on the phone and speak to the store manager as well as file a complaint with corporate.

I've revisited the store twice since the incident and I returned proudly en femme. You should try the same when returning.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

they may have had problems with people stealing merchandise in the past. He was prolly trying to catch you stealing or something. or maybee he is a crossdresser to and couldnt bring up the courage to talk to you. As long as your not breaking the law then there is nothing to worry about. but that is easier done than said. when i go shopping i become a ball of nerves.

About 1-2 years ago my (then) Bf and I went to Key West, Florida, and among the places that we visited was a female clothing store, mainly casual stuff. I was enfemme and we were following around the store by one of the attendents. in KEY WEST OMG! My BF drove the both of us down to Florida and Atlanta was a pleasant surprise.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandieland View Post
    Ok, I went to a local Walmart today in drab to shop for a little bit of everything. As I was checking out tops, bras, panties, etc. I noticed a guy in a white shirt and tie standing a few aisles down. He wasn't looking at anything and there were no other shoppers around. He was just standing there. You could see I was actually shopping as I had a basket full of stuff at that point. Well, after about 10 more minutes I knew by then that he was following me...and that he was a manager. I cannot tell you how this made me feel. Like I was being looked at as some kind of pervert. I wanted to confront him but, instead, I quickly left to check out before I had gotten all I wanted. I just wanted out of there! Should I have confronted him? Should I have dumped all my stuff and left? I get looked at from time to time and I really don't care, but this particular time I felt humiliated. Advice girls?
    it's all in your head.

Tried to respond but the stupid 30 min timeout kicked in so I lost it all. But Plasibeau pretty much said the same thing.

Banned Read only
    ..."standing a few aisles down".

How many aisles or feet is a few aisles down? And how do you KNOW for a fact that he was a manager? Were you close enough to read his badge? Sounds like IF you are looking around to see if anyone is watching YOU... it's no wonder someone wearing anything might be watching you.

I know when I am shopping in any store regardless of mode, I am NOT looking around to see if anyone is watching me...

Happened to me last year. I still remember his face because he followed me out the door. As I mature, things that once affected me start to no longer matter. Maybe he is just a human being doing his job and is too young to understand crossdressing. Just smile and say hi. The smallness is in his corner, not mine.

The only thing I can say after seeing the wide range of replies to my post is "wow, this must have hit a nerve". Thanks for the responses, even the ones that weren't supportive. The experience actually made me more sure of myself.