Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch out for those Walmart managers!

loss prevention nothing more. They follow eveyone all the time. They were also watching your every move on camera also..

Maybe he was one of us ? Maybe he wanted to see what you were buying an get some fashion advice from you an you Slipped out without even saying a word !! How RUDE ,,,lol,,,

Jorja, will you post my bail if I do what you say? I am ex-army and could put some real hurt on him if needed. (LOL)
    By the way, have I said how gorgeous you are?

Banned Read only
    Sorry Sandie, sqeeze at your own risk and expense.

Thank you for the compliment. I am sure you are lovely as well.

I have a family friend that is an LP for wallyworld. You will never know them - they look and dress just like any other customer, just wired.

Platinum Member
    Write to Walmart and complain. And then never shop there again!

wasn't a Manager and not AP (Asset Protection)..
    Managers wear blue 95% of the time, and AP 'blends in'..
    Coulda' been one of us, curious what styles you were buying!!!
    Don't slam Walmart on a whim....
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandie, I had a problem like that once and I walked over and said, Is there a problem he just got a little red in the face said on no and walked away.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wait! I just thought of another!
    Should have walked up to him with some of the intimates and said something like "Well theres no use wasting your time just watching me -might as well be usefull. Here, hold these up next to you so I can stand back and see if they are what I want."

That's terrible.
    If he got near me and started breathing down my neck , I would just have simply said "can I help you?"

In other words people should MYOB.......ya know, right? There's no need to mention your true intentions. It's nobody's business.

We all deserve our personal space, it doesn't matter what we do, what we shop for, what clothing department, or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    I have a family friend that is an LP for wallyworld. You will never know them - they look and dress just like any other customer, just wired.
    I have delivered to wm stores for 4 years. It's true they often wear street clothes and not a uniform. I have on several occasions encountered them wearing white polos or button shirts. If they saw you on camera looking around while handling merchandise they would have marked you as suspicious and gone out to follow so to be close if you shop lifted. If it had been something else they wouldn't have stood to watch but swum by from time to time to look you over better. Come on y'all you're reading way to much into this.

Annette

As was already said he wasn't likely to be management and LPs try to blend in attire-wise. If you have it happen again do what was suggested --- ask him if there's a problem. If it's the same guy and he identifies himself as possibly an assistant manager then ask for the name and phone number of his District Manager as you will get faster action than going to corporate which is about three rings higher on the ladder. Once you have made your purchase the duties of security has ended so if he is still following you then it's time to go back to the service desk and ask for a security officer immediately.
    Julie

Wow!...I never experienced a problem in Wal-Mart..However, I'm sorry about your bad experience.

Hah, Sandie, I've done that to an LP associate before. It was in Sears, when I was working for a particular shop that only does brakes (e.g. my really crazy year). I had a friend of mine with me (coworker, bearded and rough looking, well we were all rough looking). I said something like "Look, if you're just going to watch and make sure I don't steal anything, you may as carry these wrenches, 'cause they're flipping' heavy". He agreed and swore he wasn't watching me, but then followed me around. I walked him through camping, make up, and lingerie, stopping to look at *something* in every aisle. Of course, that wasn't enough for us, so we spread random crap throughout the store while he was following us. Someone at some point found a bra hidden in a sleeping bag, I'm sure, and the poor LP guy never noticed any of it. When we finally got back to tools, after chit-chatting the whole time and him swearing up and down he was a regular sales associate that worked in tools, I started interrogating him about every little tool (I know more about automotive tools than your average SA, and I know how much I can expect your average SA to know). When he turned out not to know jack, I said "You're not really a sales associate, are you?" And he said "No, I'm in Loss Prevention." "So you *were* trying to catch me stealing?" "Yes, I was".

Then I took out the pair of panties I nicked when he was red-faced in lingerie and said "I won't tell anybody you failed if you won't" and just left without buying anything. My buddy was cracking up the whole time.

After we got back to his house, we discovered that one of the items he prank-stole, he'd forgotten to give back. I don't remember what it was, but his roommate (also a coworker) thought it was cool and took it.

We did end up trying to pay for it on our next run (we both had a few craftsman tools, so we were in Sears once a month or so), but since we didn't know the SKU, the SA couldn't ring it up, and they'd discontinued the model, so we couldn't find one in the store to use for the ring-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    Don't slam Walmart on a whim....
    Especially when you can slam them for so many other things lol

On topic, I was looking at hosiery once and had a LP looking at me thru the bras on the next isle. He kept jumping up to look over the top of the rack to see what I was doing. Little did he know I moved around the corner to face him while he pretended to look at bras. I asked him if he found what he was looking for and he walked away lol

Every store pretty much has loss prevention. there's really no way around it. Just do your shopping and pay them no mind. As long as your taking it to the register that's all that really matters.

for the record, My SO and I went shopping once and had a LP couple following us. I twent up to one of them and told them "here, push my cart" she said "what?" I said "since your going to follow us all night, you might as well make yourself useful". didn't see her after that
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 07-12-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annette Todd View Post
    Come on y'all you're reading way to much into this.
    Agreed. Get over it.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I would of made sure the guy saw me, then I would of picked up my phone and acted like I was calling the police. Yes I'm in walmart and this guy is stalking me. He is licking his lips. I think he is going to assault me.

Happened to me last year. I still remember his face because he followed me out the door. As I mature, things that once affected me start to no longer matter. Maybe he is just a human being doing his job and is too young to understand crossdressing. Just smile and say hi. The smallness is in his corner, not mine.

Aspiring Member
    Not in defense of Walmart, but recently I tried to take a product, in the shaving dept, off a peg and found it locked to it. I called an 'associate' who unlocked it. At my surprise she said you'd be surprised how much people try to get away with stealing stuff daily at Walmart.

Nevertheless.........

Ineke

I loved this story and many above it - bring on more "store"-ies!

The only thing I can say after seeing the wide range of replies to my post is "wow, this must have hit a nerve". Thanks for the responses, even the ones that weren't supportive. The experience actually made me more sure of myself.

I find that people who are given a little authority (sales counter, rent-a-cop, sub-sub manager of inconsequential things etc.) without having experienced it to any degree before tend to abuse it, sometimes to a great degree. I have no respect for these dangerous imbeciles, other than their potential danger and their need to be stepped on before they become more dangerous. Blithely walking away is irresponsible to this leech's next victim as is saying "oh, well", s/he will learn with time. The damage that can be done during this "learning curve" can be horrendous.
    Jorja, you are my hero!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Wait! I just thought of another!
    Should have walked up to him with some of the intimates and said something like "Well theres no use wasting your time just watching me -might as well be usefull. Here, hold these up next to you so I can stand back and see if they are what I want."
    I vote for this one!

I also think it's interesting how intensely some are sure that this was not how it felt to the OP. Sure people can be over sensitive but I don't see any reason to assume with any surety that the OPs gut wasn't right.
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy

I would have considered upturning the basket onto the floor and walking out..
    There's no need for that type of thing, You're the reason why they get paid, weirdo or not as they might perceive.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

should have walked over to him and said hold this for me a sec. then walk away leaving him holding a bra or panties on a hanger😂