Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your home - another take

Your home - another take

This is primarily aimed at the ladies who live alone but all replies are welcome.

What is your home like, masculine or feminine? Or a mix of both? I've a huge feminine side but my place is full on masculine. There's nothing to suggest I'm anything but a macho man.

I was thinking about it the other day and it struck me as odd that for a man who spends so much time dressed as, and wishing I was a woman, I live as manly as any bloke.

My home is pretty much like the one I grew up in. Not overly masculine or fem, just comfortable....and a little messy.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Stacey, my house is basically how my late wife had it. Not much to indicate that a single guy lives there. Except for the man cave, and that's only because the major items are socially considered manly things. Unless you know that women do those things, too. (Neither my bow nor my arrows are pink. Yet.)

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I would say my place is a both, gradually becoming more feminine as time goes on.

Platinum Member
    Mine is indeterminate...mostly because my wife and I haven't figured out what we want!

Ours is just normal.. Half and half, I'd guess except for my Steeler stuff..
    My current wife is just like my dearly departed 2nd wife..
    I wear the dresses/skirts in the family and she wears the pants/shorts etc.. (both could have been Tomboys..)
    We are both extremely happy that way..
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

The Pink Fog overcomes me even when shopping for home decorations. I live alone, and my place is definitely very feminine. When I have guests over they can get a sense of me even if I am not dressed. The other day someone came by to help me with a project and I actually took some decorations down.

Why do I still hide stuff?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Mine has a bit of both genders to it.

well as of the end of last month I don't live alone anymore but until then it was predominantly male.. I play drums and work in IT..soo....

My home is feminine and becoming more so each day! No male in my home!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

my place is just me.
    mostly storage (i have way too much junk).
    the rest messy (way to long work hrs).
    but you will find some male things some female, landlord had a twisted look at the curtains in the kitchen, but he did not approve of any in the place, i sleep in the day so they are black out curtains.
    think london during the blitz. also helps keep the heat and the cold (pending the season) out cutting the power bills.

but as time and cash allows it is less a mans place.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My girl cave is guitars and amps the rest of the house stays clean and tidy because I'm always in the cave LOL
    The master bedroom is kinda girly the 2nd bedroom is more amps and the closet is overflow for girl clothes.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-13-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Living alone, I try to keep the house fairly tidy. But lately I have noticed little things like lipstick or nalk polish left on counters in different rooms, makeup items sprawled on the "other side" of master bath counter, pile of fem "undies" on top of dryer awaiting relocation to bedroom, here a wig, there a wig, etc....:doh Fortunately, I seldom have guests/visitors though if I do I'm like a whirlwind tidying up...always afraid I will leave something out...so far, so good.....

Maybe I need to hire a maid......or better yet just get maid's outfit!.....

Mine is completely manly. My living room has everything from Formula 1 and football pics to a Texas Longhorns helmet and race car tire. I painted the walls a light grey with darker grey trim and my furniture is either black or chrome. The only exceptions I guess would be a spare bedroom that I painted royal purple and the guest bathroom is a real light shade of purple that I haven't changed yet.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stacey, Our home is kind average with three closets full of Orchid's pretty clothes and shoes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ours is a lovely double storey house over looking the indian ocean in Western Australia. The upstairs is out of bounds to our son as it is full of pretty clothes and shoes in two sizes. My male side of the wardrobe contains 1 pair of trousers a jacket and some shirts. The rest of our walk in wardrobe consists of skirts, dresses trousers (my wifes) and loads and loads of blouses, jumpers leggins and anything else you can think of x 2 Including my Jeans as I only wear jeans and track pants in M mode..
    Under our bed are boxes and boxes of shoes, a suitcase full of overflow clothes (what wont fit in the WIR) and a dressup box as we love going to fancy dress parties and my SO loves making the costumes. Oh I forgot we have 3 x sets of drawers also full of nice clothes and underwear. ..Ellie

The rest of the house is a normal messy house that anyone with teenagers could relate too...Ellie
    Last edited by Ellie52; 07-13-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Our home is mainly feminine, my wife and I both prefer it that way. She is great at decorating the place with all things fem. My dresser is covered with earing stands, bracelets, antique perfume bottles and rings and other fem items and I love it. The only thing that tells you a man is here are three gun cabinets full of guns and other weapons.

Our house is a mix of modern and french canadian country and eclectic...... stylish and classy..... high tech.... and expensive as hell! lol. home style to us is genderless......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Our home is decorated in dog and cat!!!

Mine is in basic earth tones with early American poverty as the style. When my wife left me she raped the house, but it was worth it. I'm starting to redecorate from cheap to inexpensive, with a blend of both genders.

Bobbi

A lot depends on what friends visit you.
    If the guys come it's macho, if the girls frequent more it is probably feminine.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine is pretty much both, and leans mostly to the masculine. Only my master bedroom, master bath, MB walk-in closet are pretty feminine. The only other room in my house is my workout room (and that one too is pretty generic, except for the portable ballet barre' and ballet theme'd posters on it's walls.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I would say my home is a mixture, of male & female, but I have always been something of a "neat freak". Way back in the pay when I was a younster an older female cousin pegged me as gay, because it was such a "neat freak", talk about stereotyping OMG !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    You should see the room in our apartment that gets used as my home office...it's a decided mix-mash between my selves. Books, (ladies') shoes, computer parts, makeup and hair accessory cases, technical papers, catalogs from Roaman's and Woman Within, all mixed together.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Amy,
    All of my catalogs are neatly stacked in tw piles on top of a bookself was next to my bed. Female catalogs are my among my favorite keepsakes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud