Thread: Do cross dresser's live longer lives?

Do cross dresser's live longer lives?

Do cross dresser's live longer lives?
    It is very hard to get enough information on this subject because a lot of CDs will deny that they even dress.

For my experiences, definitely yes. I have totally stopped dressing for a couple of years back in the past. After a while of doing that, I started having health issues like depression, anxiety, chest pains, and lack of energy. I went to many doctors and none really helped. I felt so unhappy like my life was incomplete. My anxiety was so severe that I had panic attacks all the time. I had constant chest pains and breathing problems. I even went into the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. The doctors told me my physical body was ok, but I knew something was not right with me. It was all the stress I was having just from every day life.

All I did was started to dress again and I felt 100% better. When I am dressed I am so happy, so calm, and lots of energy. Even at work I feel better because I knew when I got home I would put on a dress and relax. I even sleep fully dressed now and I feel great.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I dress I feel like I could live a totally healthy life up to my late 90s.

I strongly believe that cross dressing is the best stress reliever.

Well, have lived to this point but not too sure about the next minute, hour, day, year... Yes, it is a stress reliever although today it may help my wife more. I am tearing out the kitchen cabinets and she asked me to have Laura come visit for the rest of the day so there will not be such a mess.

Stress can definitely shorten your life. I'm trying really hard to get rid of my own. I heard a proverb from India that went something like this: to live long, it is necessary to live slowly.

Embracing your feminine side definitely is a stress reliever.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Possibly yes if your like me because I exercise and eat very healthfully to keep my body slim and girly [well I thinks so] so that has to help my odds of living longer I would have thought.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well, I'm not sure the dressing itself will make you live longer as there are many things that can shorten a person's life, but from a stress reduction point of view (assuming dressing makes you feel less stressed), then it has got to be a good thing
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think that it is a strong probability for several reasons: First as a stress release, less stress is healthy, 2nd. Diet & lifestyle to stay slim and pretty, yes healthy. Since research says GID is inborn prior to birth those that have the resolve to seek help and if you find the right medical assistance to correct a probable hormonal imbalance again yes because if you balance your hormones, you balance your brain and therefore balance your whole being; look at how many on hormones say they find peace and calm after starting hormones. They have relieved a major stress by bringing their body and mind into balance. This is just my opinion from both several years of research and from being on hormones, the wrong one did not help but the correct one was nothing short of a miracle for me.
    Last edited by DeidraDee63; 07-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.

I think it would be safe to assume a cross dresser who accepted themselves as they are, getting proper diet and exercise has a lower chance of many health issues than a cross dresser who could not embrace this part of himself and doing all the other things right. I don't know if that would necessarily be a factor in comparing to a man with no propensity to wear women's clothing or be feminine.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Platinum Member
    I sure hope so. I feel I got a late start after decades of self denial. I want to enjoy my new life for a good long time!

Banned Read only
    Does having a stressful life concealing cross dressing lessen longevity? Does rekindling cross dressing in later years lengthen longevity? I suspect it is a mixed bag. Early years hiding it from wife and kids, etc vs later years having nothing to hold you back?

Now, I'd say I'm relaxed enough that I don't feel the necessity to be en femme. No stress, no stress relief required.

Definitely for me a major stress reliever- just putting on a few things, bra, panties, heels lowers pulse to 50+/- and blood pressure to below 11/60. This as been reproducible.

Also as Flo, I am not bothered by HIS complex, difficult, and stressful life. It is like a mini vacation.

Found a British article which polled 1000+ English cross dressers and found stress relief and escape from their male lives the MAJOR motivation behind adult male cross dressing.

I suspect the sturm amd dreng regarding it is the breaking of a taboo- and taboos are things the culture has NO SUBSTITUTE for.

Flo

"To crossdress is to live forever"
    confucius-Albert Einstein

Platinum Member
    Hi Laurie, I'll be 71 in Dec. been dressing almost 66yrs.
    I know that I feel younger when I'm dressed.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 07-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The fact that many of us look younger whole en femme kind of boosts your theory in my opinion Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

This is the very reason I found this place. I began having anxiety issues about 2 years ago and the urge to dress to a different level hit me like a wall. I am slowly working my way to where my dressing wants to go and I am hoping it helps more with everyday stresses, it sure seems to.

Emi

Dressing is great therapy but longevity had a lot of other variabled.
    If you are happy and contented you are less likely to come down with some ailment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Seeing the threads and posts about the conflict and strife cross dressing causes in relationships and internally within the person, it may not be a stress reliever for some and have the opposite effect. There are too many other variables in our lives to attach true causality to a single factor. Whatever positive it brings into each of our lives is great and should be embraced. Long live all of us.

On a more somber note, when violence rates are several times higher for the transgendered population than the general population, it is hard to think about being trans as a pathway to living a longer life.

Silver Member
    Life just seems to last forever when you have to live it in the closet. LOL! But, seriously, if you can feel stress being relieved, it has to be good for your health.

I hope so, being open about myself is a great stess reliefer, not that stress was ever a very big issue with me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Yes, of course we'll live twice as long because we're living two lives. Also women always live longer than men, so as part time women we have increased our life expectancy a little. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Personally, it's not a longer life that concerns me, it's a better life. Better wardrobe, better heels, better lingerie, better makeup, and better hair. If I can still be wearing heels into my 80's, I'll be a very happy girl!

Silver Member
    It might have helped Virginia Prince, who lived to be 96. Sadly, it does not always, JoAnn Roberts died at a young 65.

Silver Member
    I am not sure if crossdressing will help me live a longer life, but I enjoy crossdressing so much, I am going to continue after I move on to the next life. I suspect I will again be a male, so I intend to crossdress as a female angel (MTFA - "male to female angel"). If heaven is true happiness, I will be able to wear high heels, makeup and a nice dress any time I want to. I will always look great, I will always pass.

We must live longer...after all we live 2 lives at the same time..."Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun"
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Interesting question, as far as a stress reliever it definitely helps. I tend to get really down the longer I have to go between times that I can be "me".

I think, for me anyway, being totally obsessed with keeping my weight in line, eating right and exercising regularly can't hurt either as far as longevity goes.
    Last edited by Emjay; 07-16-2013 at 03:42 PM.