Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G & L softball team

Platinum Member
    Hi Dana, Play dressed and tell them that you are a Lesbian guy.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    The San Francisco Fog is a gay rugby club that makes a clear declaration of inclusiveness. Its website is here: http://www.sffog.org.I would guess quite confidently that most gay organizations of this nature are similarly inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Since the league probably does not have orgies after the game, I don't think sexual orientation is really the issue. However it IS probably a way for gays to meet other gays who they may have a common interest (ie softball???). To answer the question of why it is a "Gay Lesbian" league, it is no different than an over 50 league or a bar league or a intracompany league. It is a social thing.... Showering??? Really??? were you ever in High School? Straight guys are the ones playing the silly sexual games... It is a shower (see gym comment above)...there are others there, I don't think you will get hit on while showering and really, no one wants to see your "junk" anyway.

You were asked to join. You weren't asked to lie about your orientation. So many here complain that the G&L don't include the "T"s in anything and when you are asked you fear the worst? Join the dang team...have fun...meet new people.

And really when you played last on any team did you ask what they do in the bedroom? Oh bad example. straight guys like to brag about that.
    All bow to the great Lorileah who once again, cuts to the chase

My feeling is that they call it "Gay and Lesbian" because "Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered" doesn't roll so trippingly off the tongue. They will likely accept anyone who accepts them. Ask the manager and you'll get the answer, but I'll bet it is positive. If it isn't, you really don't want to associate with them!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I played for a girls hockey and basket ball team in my time when I was younger.
    That is quite a statement! Were they very short of players...perhaps? This is about a diifferent situation and there is perhaps some feelings of being uncomfortable around others that are a different kind of different...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    In Baltimore you don't have to have feathers to play for the Orioles .

Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Rogina and Badtranny: I interpreted it as a man v woman strength advantage based on the presumption that most players in the league are women. Which completely ignores the point that women are perfectly capable of hitting homeruns and running the bases competitively, so the issue of male strength vs female weakness is again a crock of ummm, you know.
    The second part of your post is mostly correct, but men do have a huge advantage in hitting home runs in slow pitch ball, just because they typically are a lot stronger in the upper body. I've played co-ed softball for years and have never played with or against women who could hit homeruns as frequently as power hitting men. It doesn't mean women can't play or aren't good hitters. Defensively the best women areas good as the men (better IMO at a lot of the infield positions), and as pure hitters they hit line drives as well as most men. But they just don't hit 300-330 foot home runs like male power hitters.

Back to the original question: If they know you're not gay, and don't care- then play if you want, softball is a blast. But its their team, and their rules, so make sure there isn't some internal rule that they may have re: who plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline Winona View Post
    The second part of your post is mostly correct, but men do have a huge advantage in hitting home runs in slow pitch ball, just because they typically are a lot stronger in the upper body. I've played co-ed softball for years and have never played with or against women who could hit homeruns as frequently as power hitting men. It doesn't mean women can't play or aren't good hitters. Defensively the best women areas good as the men (better IMO at a lot of the infield positions), and as pure hitters they hit line drives as well as most men. But they just don't hit 300-330 foot home runs like male power hitters.
    No reason for me to disagree with that, since fundamentally it's the line drives, base running, and fieldwork that wins games. We're also not talking about pro sports, where players would work out for the purpose.

Not trying to digress into that discussion, but I have a hard time not having that discussion.

[QUOTE=Jacqueline Winona;3239402 But they just don't hit 300-330 foot home runs like male power hitters.

Back to the original question: If they know you're not gay, and don't care- then play if you want, softball is a blast. But its their team, and their rules, so make sure there isn't some internal rule that they may have re: who plays.[/QUOTE]
    Yes,but the OP said it was a G and L league! Plenty of strong guys that so happen to like guys..OP didn't just say L and there certainly a lot of strong women that like women...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I hope I didn't imply otherwise, Rogina- and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that some of the best power hitters in MLB, past and present, were gay. And I've played with tons of women who are gay as well as straight, there's no difference in playing ability based on sexuality. And Leona I agree, there's nothing wrong with being a great Linedrive hitter. Power does make the defense play a bigger field if you know what I mean, but a good hitter is a good hitter, and the best of each gender can play the game.