Thread: An emergency Girl Bag

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

An emergency Girl Bag

We've talked about being out en femme and in the event of your car breaking down or some other problem feeling the need to change back to guy mode in a hurry.

Does anyone have an emergency Girl Bag that would permit you to take advantage of an unexpected night out with friends or something similar? Just the amount of stuff it takes for me makes the creation of such a resource a little daunting, but I imagine it would be possible with some creative thought and planning. Is this something you already have? Is it something you might be able to build? What would the minimum be for you or is the whole concept out of the question?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I kinda do that now Sarah. Since I don't get ready at home any more due to my Grandsons being here. I just get my stuff together and take it to the club, get ready there in a rest room prior to a night of socializing and dancing en femme, Seems to work well. After all ,after some 50 or so years of dressing, you'd think I should have it pretty much "down" by now, right? Takes me about 25-30 minutes to change at the club.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    even when i don't expect to have an opportunity to dress i bring along an outfit or two, foundation garments, wig, make up and shoes...always be prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I kinda do that now Sarah. Since I don't get ready at home any more due to my Grandsons being here. I just get my stuff together and take it to the club, get ready there in a rest room prior to a night of socializing and dancing en femme, Seems to work well. After all ,after some 50 or so years of dressing, you'd think I should have it pretty much "down" by now, right? Takes me about 25-30 minutes to change at the club.
    Like Kate, my wife doesn't want to see me dressed or leave the neighborhood dressed, so I have a girl bag. Actually, I have 2. One is jean casual, and the other is for clubbing or GNO. Each has a few very carefully matched outfits, with lingerie, jewelry, shoulder bag. I still need to add wig, forms, makeup and shoes, but it makes it easier having a girl bag ready to go.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Hmmmm..... I have a "bug out bag" for disasters and the like, but never thought about an emergency girl bag. Interesting idea!

It is something you leave in your vehicle,so it can hold many things...such as a spare pair of matching strappy sandals in case of mechanical failure!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Sarah I would suck at getting a bag ready. I keep every thing in a suit case in the closet. ( wife knows) The only thing she has agreed to letting me go out in is the undies and hose and such. She says dress all I want at the house and wear it all the time if I want. She even helps me shop and covers for me by buying what I want. I have thought though about how much fun it would be going out with her dressed as her GF but in our small town just wouldn't happen. I paint my toes and wear panties and sometimes panty hose under my jeans when I'm really in female mode. I guess my small bag would be just hose maybe some heels to drive in and maybe some lacy sexy panties. I am kinda like you though don't think my bag could hold all the things I would like to take with me though if I did pack one. I know and now understand why my wife packs two or three bags when we do travel, so my dabbling in enjoying my female side is rewarding for her as I don't complain hauling all her bags.

That sounds like a great idea, but I would have a lot of trouble setting it up. And then when I used it, I would be unhappy with choices, matches, etc. Always missing something.
    Stephanie

It appears there are a couple of issues with the idea. First is the well established varied nature of our group. Someone just barely starting out will have needs and expectations much different from someone with years of experience and experiences. The second is the complexity of what it takes to make that jump from male to female mode vs. the more straight forward trip the other way. Wipes to clean off the makeup, nail polish remover, a place to put the wig, shapers and clothing, and then the simplest of replacement clothing and the girl is gone. But the trip the other direction requires much, much more logistical support. It would, however, be interesting to see how simple and small it could be, taking up just a corner of a suitcase on a business trip or in a book bag or small daypack for other travels. What are the essentials, what would you have with you on that 3 hour tour with Gilligan and the skipper for when you ended up on that desert island?
    Sarah

I generally carry two bags. One contains my wig and forms, bra, panties,padded panty, slip, dress, shoes or boots. In a side compartment I have my wipes, beard cover, creme foundation. eye pencil, mascara, liner, necklace, watch, bracelet, rings. In another bag I have my purse, which contains eyeshadow, blush, face powder, tissues,hair pins, brushes combs and perfume, which I keep handy at all times. I also have in that bag my sweater or shrug and any fashion accessories such as scarves, etc.

While all of this is packed, prior to leaving I shave my face and moisturize, put on some light nail polish and wear my pantyhose and panties under my guy clothes. Like any organized woman ,it takes some planning but seems to get easier as things move along.Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I carried a girl case in my boot.
    You never know who you might meet out there.
    I had just about everything in that case, it did get used frequently.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

An "emergency girl bag" would be pretty difficult to do with forms, hip pads, wig, etc. so no, I don't have one. Even for a planned outing away from home, it would probably take a small suitcase.

I'm not in a position to have an unplanned opportunity to dress away from home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have what might be called a go-to-outfit. With it I only have to worry about makeup so can be ready in 30min or so. Then if there time I do my nails. I only wear girl jeans and panties so I always have those with me in guy mode. I then add a cami and overshirt and wig to complete the look. If I've been able to bring bra and forms that's great too.

Since I know this outfit works it's a no-brainer and very quick.

We're fairly new to this but I don't see how an "emergency girl bag"could be done. Would likely be a suitcase in the trunk. But who has extra pads forms etc.
    However we do have the duffle we pack up when we go out so I can give Rita her look. And a boy bag to change in a pinch.
    Do not judge someone by what they wear . There's a person inside there!

no "girls bag"
    never had a need for such, but next month going on a trip for a family wedding,
    going to do a couple side trips along the way there and back...(got to be him for the wedding).
    but there is another day �� maybe the beach..in oregon��?

gives one something to think about.

it wouldn't be a girl bag, it would be three trunks and a small valise
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    it wouldn't be a girl bag, it would be three trunks and a small valise
    :-)
    Lorileah, That's my situation and the reason behind the question. At times I think it would be nice to find a simple way to do this, but then I may just miss the complications, rituals and pleasure that comes from all the options the whole closet and all the makeup provide.
    Sarah

Gold Member
    The simple way is to purchase a trailer and put a hitch on your vehicle. Then all you need is a parking lot.

I'm somewhere between the trailer and a corner of a suitcase. Most of the time I get dressed at the house and then go out. For those times when I travel en drab and change at my destination it takes an 18gal tote for pads/forms/shoes, a tackle box for makeup and a suitcase (large) for dresses, tops, hose etc...

I suppose if I was doing this 30 years ago, had my 130 lb body with long hair, I could stuff all I need in a suitcase. Time takes it toll and it takes a few more things to get me 'in shape'.

I like the tread though.... Thanks.

Renne.....

I usually have a bag for Debbie and a bag for Rex. each is the size of a small grocery bag and both will fit in a small duffle bag. I plan the make-up as well, 3 small clear bags, including foundation, powder, blush, eyes, masquera, and lipstick, along. The wig goes in a separate bag, along with the brush.

I must admit that I cheat a bit. I wear women's slacks and shoes nearly all the time, so all I really need to do most of the time to switch to "Full Femme" is to add the bra and wig. Since I usually wear a camisole under my pup-tent men's dress shirts, all I really need to do to pass is take off the shirt and brush out my hair, and let the breasts "ping".

Normally, at my age (50++), I don't need to worry about being knock dead gorgeous. To pass as a granny is pretty easy. ;-)
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

By "bag", I presume you mean some sort of suitcase or valise. I usually toss a medium size suitcase in the trunk whenever I go to the city (an hour away) whether or not I've planned a night out. You never know. In the suitcase I have a makeup bag, a jewelry bag, a wig bag, and of course my purse with stuff I'll need for the evening. There's still plenty of room for underthings, a neatly folded outfit or two, a pair of sandals, a pair of heels and a few essential sundries. Pretty easy. When I'm in one of my active phases I rarely unpack the bag except to change outfits and hair and properly store my forms, but if you want to keep your home and travel stuff separate you could always buy extra of everything you'll need.

My girl bag is a small duffle bag -- 12" x 9" x 24".

It contains:

4 pairs of jeans
    1 blue plain (GV Amanda)
    2 blue embroidered or embelished
    1 purple (GV Amanda)
    with matching belts

1 jean skirt
    purple, knee length (Amanda)

1 palazzo-style black satin pants

6 T-shirts, some long sleeve and some short sleeve
    2 blouses
    1 sequined clubbing tank top
    All pink or purple

Half a dozen panties
    2 padded panties
    a couple of bras
    pedi socks

a jean shoulder bag
    a girl wallet

Secret girl deoderant

small box of earrings and rings
    a few fashion bracelets

Not included:
    Makeup (it might melt)
    Wig (heat sentitive)
    Forms (except I do carry foam forms that aren't sensitive to tearing)
    Shoes (too big)

There may be a few things I'm missing, but I can get several different looks, depending on the venue
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

i don't always, but, i have my makeup always in a bag and i underdress 24/7, so its really a matter of throwing an outfit together into a duffle for me. right now, my bag is 2 reusable grocery bags in my trunk. one with my body forms, a razor and cream, a wig and a purse. the other one has an extra pair of panties, a bra, and an outfit or 2 - right now, just a jean skirt and a t shirt. sometimes, i have a dress for more classy occasions, i rarely go out for those anyway. and, i have a pair of unisex converse and/or flip flops in the car always. if i think there is any remote chance of getting to dress, i just bring my makeup bag with me when i leave the house.
    when in doubt, smile