Thread: Being Open

Being Open

So last night, I decided to build a new outfit on my fashion site. I hadn't made one in a long time and really wanted to but my computer is in the same places as my wife's computer and she was on hers.

Now, she knows about me, and she knows about my fashion site, but she doesn't like to talk about it. After a few minutes debate with myself, I just decided to do it right there in front of her. After about 10 minutes of browsing through different pieces of clothing, she asked me what I was doing. I told her that I hadn't made an outfit in a few weeks and just felt like doing it. She went back to her show on her computer and I continued on.

After it was finished, I uploaded the final outfit and she looked over and said. .. "That's really cute. If I was a bit thinner, I'd totally wear that. I can't wear jeans like those though. I wish I could." I accepted her compliment and thanked her and continued to post it to Pintrest.

We didn't talk about how I wish I could wear the outfit that i created and that I love it too. I guess that was a given since I'm the one who made it.

So it looks like things are getting a little easier in terms of making it an everyday norm kind of thing. Lol she did tell me today that I had to stop wearing her socks though. She said that every time she wanted to wear them, they are always dirty. I find it funny that she intentionally buys men's socks for herself and doesn't want her man to wear them lol. I'm seriously considering going out and buying my own girly socks and then telling her that she's not allowed to use them.

Edit: This is the link to the outfit I made for those that want to see what I put together last night.

http://www.polyvore.com/its_been_while/set?id=89434934
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 07-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Platinum Member
    Ever bit of constructive conversation is helpful in the long run. Keep it going.

Hi Eva,

That is a totally cute ensemble. I love super skinny jeans. Although i prefer heels, I could totally see myself in that outfit. And you are right - such an acknowledgement from your SO is a huge thing.

Thanks Sabrina! To be honest, I love heels more too. I started out with a few pairs, but none of them seemed to fit right with the rest of the outfit. If I could have found some, I would have gone with them.

On the side of progress, it is a HUGE deal for me. Only a few months ago, she would have totally flipped out. I have still been wearing flats around her trying to get her used to the look of me wearing them and she doesnt seem to mind anymore.

Lol I have this after bath waist wrap that is basically a fuzzy skirt and last week, the family was in the kitchen and my wife noticed that we all matched. She was wearing black pants and a black shirt which is what my oldest son was wearing and I was wearing a green shirt with the white skirt wrap and my youngest was wearing a green shirt with white sweat pants. She was like....."hey look! We all match!" She pointed out how her and my oldest matched and then when she got to me and my youngest, she was like..."You and daddy have the same color shirt and your pants match daddy's sskkk....uhh....towel thing." The word skirt almost left her lips and she had to catch herself. I had to try really hard not to laugh or make a big deal about it.On the plus side, at least she sees it as a skirt in her mind! That should make it easier for her when I actually do start wearing skirts openly....lord knows if and when that will ever happen though.

It is certainly progress and it makes me super happy.

Fun stories. I love when she was stumbling over her words.

I'm goi g to suggest I stead of buying your so. And birding them, buy a package for each of you. Tell her something g to the affect of how you didn't want to keep dirtying hers so went to get yourself some and picked up some for her too. You catch more flys with honey than vinegar. You catch even more with manure but I don't think she would appreciate that thought. /giggle

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Nothing like pleasant interaction to enhance a relationship.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.