Thread: PSA: Don't forget the sunscreen.

Red face PSA: Don't forget the sunscreen.

Went on a 12 hour river float with my best friend and his wife (both know about and are VERY supportive of me) Sunday. A couple of days before we went she said she needed to go get a new bikini and jokingly I said "me too.". Well, somehow that joke turned into a trip to Shopko where he bought new river shoes and a pair of shorts and her and I both bought new two piece bikinis. After 12 hours in the sun I have some great tan lines, however I am just starting to get to the point were being dressed is not pure torture. .

Pro tip: If you are going to swim, MAKE SURE you choose WATERPROOF sunscreen and apply it more then twice in 12 hours
    Last edited by Jenessa; 07-12-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Platinum Member
    Yeah, never let exposure go to the point of a burn. Each burn is a step closer to skin cancer.

Yeah, this is only the second real burn I have had in my life. I am usually very, very careful about the sun.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    PSA is an airline here. U take your sunscreen in your carry on and it will be GONE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Tan lines are great but not at the expense of skin cancer.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah but I bet the tan lines look hot on you, how do you feel about tan lines, minus the burn are they good or not, do you want them or not?

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'd love to have a nice tan again, but alas, a couple of carcinomas on my face pretty much cured me of that. They were removed quite nicely, but my doctor stated that I would be 10 times more sensitive to damage from the sun than before. SPF 15 Lubriderm on my face and exposed parts every morning after shaving and under my makeup!

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenessa, That's going to be hard to explain if you take your shirt off at work.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

After getting a bit more color at the beach Friday than I anticipated (I was using SPF 15), I've discovered the joys of SPF 50! No burn, and I can stay out much longer. Of course, I've now got seriously bright white 360 degree bikini tan lines (top and bottom). It was a great visit, though. Might post the story in the near future. You might also want to re-apply after sweating a lot (happens when it's hot out!) ;-)
    "Poor is the man who's pleasures depend upon the permission of another."
    - Madonna